Temporary Relocated Company Shirts

A while back when R-4 was with E-316 I got a shirt

Recently found it in my closed

Figured I?d post a pic of it

Anyone have other pics of shirts similar to this

Think E319 & L135 had one & E321 & E309

Hope you don't mind a side note...these were temporary "Job" tee shirts...

When I was in Proby school our class was the first class to be issued blue jeans and a blue tee shirt with FDNY maltese cross and FDNY on back. Only problem was that the maltese cross was stenciled almost under your left arm...you lifted your arm to reveal the maltese cross.

Fast forward 3 months later. At my newly assigned company E 88 we get word that "Modells" on Fordham Road is selling FDNY tee shirts. We jump on the rig and off we go, as we pull up we see (obvious non-firefighters) walking down the sidewalk from Modells sporting tee shirts with FDNY across the back. Inside, on a closeout table was a pile of the ill stenciled tee's going for $1.50. We bought out the whole lot.

Thanks for reading!

C'mon Johnny, I think you mighta called those blue jeans -"dungarees" when you were a kid.

But, I do like the reading Johnny - keep it going, thanks!

8060rock said:
C'mon Johnny, I think you mighta called those blue jeans -"dungarees" when you were a kid.

But, I do like the reading Johnny - keep it going, thanks!

Within six months the job "faux dungarees" (which we paid for) fell apart, they did not hold up and looked ragged, furthermore...With my Brooklyn accent hard to pronounce "dose tree syllable woids, usta just call dem "Lees"...(that was my preference)...