Temporary Relocations

So no TAC2 at all right now? Or did they find something else to put em in
Nothing at all right now. No more rigs to use. They didn’t carry much inside the scuba truck anyway, basically everything on the rescue is already on it besides 3 or 4 things

I truly don’t see the usefulness of the TACs honestly. Besides the boats and dewatering equipment. Everything else is pretty much on the rescues and squads. But that’s just my measly opinion
The boat and crane. Is the main purpose. Then it is lifted and 4x4 able to drive on the beaches. They have the transit for collapses and couple other things that rescues & squads don’t carry.

Well if they did they wouldn’t be calling Tac 2 to come all the way from Staten Island to the Bronx.
I’m not sure exactly what incident you referring to , but most likely because they don’t want to tie up a an entire rescue company and collapse rig to just baby sit a transit for hours. Sending one TAC unit to do so only ties up one support rig and one firefighter….not two or three rigs if its in R-1 or R-4 area. sending L-116 and who ever is assigned to transport RC -1 now.

I’m not sure exactly what incident you referring to , but most likely because they don’t want to tie up a an entire rescue company and collapse rig to just baby sit a transit for hours. Sending one TAC unit to do so only ties up one support rig and one firefighter….not two or three rigs if its in R-1 or R-4 area. sending L-116 and who ever is assigned to transport RC -1 now.
I guess CR4 has it? Cause confirming CR1 and 3 don’t. Bronx collapses recently they had to special called Tac 2 cause Tac 1 was having issues with the transit. If CR3 had one they would have used it?

So I guess the better question is…why DONT all the collapse rigs have one? And if money is their excuse I’m calling BS