Temporary Relocations

Crazy how the chief on the 4th floor, and looks like every firefighter own sleeping quarters that might be the first house like that?

The plans are from august 2022 & there have been some small modifications since but the above is a good general overview.

Hmmmm, kitchen on the second floor and the house watch on the first floor but towards the back of the apparatus floor. Going to be hard to see or have control over the front door to see who comes and goes or monitor the front apron and or front of the fireHouse….watch belongs at the front of the fire house. Also surprised to see that the officers/ Chiefs sleeping room isn't connected to their respective office.

Last edited:
The old houses, ex: E16 when it was on E.25 street had the kitchen on the 3rd floor and the bunk room on the 2nd floor where the office was with the officer's bunk as well.

The old houses, ex: E16 when it was on E.25 street had the kitchen on the 3rd floor and the bunk room on the 2nd floor where the office was with the officer's bunk as well.
Most of the real old house had kitchen up on the third floor. The back of the apparatus floor was the stables for the horses. E229 /TL146 Still has the kitchen in its original place on the third floor.

^^^ 229 / 146 Has a great skyline view from the deck behind the 3rd fl kitchen.....it is diminishing though with some of the newer tall bldgs going up..

Hmmmm, kitchen on the second floor and the house watch on the first floor but towards the back of the apparatus floor. Going to be hard to see or have control over the front door to see who comes and goes or monitor the front apron and or front of the fireHouse….watch belongs at the front of the fire house. Also surprised to see that the officers/ Chiefs sleeping room isn't connected to their respective office.
The watch at 259/128/45 was also set back behind the battalion rig. Can't see the front of qtrs. We ran our own camera system to see the front door and apron.

According to Member TwoTeamTease

Watchdogs of Ave U are going to Coney Island next month.

E-254 to E-245/L-161
L-153 to E-321

Question about temp relocations. How are the relocated units’ runs alerted? Do the tones go off in the quarters they’re relocated to and the housewatch announces whose run it is? Follow up question, would 254 have a member in housewatch for their runs with a member of 245? I can imagine another company in with 245/161/43 would make for frequent tones - day and night. The same when E253 was with them years ago. Perks of having space…

Question about temp relocations. How are the relocated units’ runs alerted? Do the tones go off in the quarters they’re relocated to and the housewatch announces whose run it is? Follow up question, would 254 have a member in housewatch for their runs with a member of 245? I can imagine another company in with 245/161/43 would make for frequent tones - day and night. The same when E253 was with them years ago. Perks of having space…
I could be wrong but I believe it would also be 'Engine' then the housewatchman would have to specify who the run is for. As to having multiple people in the housewatch, there would only be one person on watch at a time, regardless of how many companies. Although, I am not sure how the housewatch rotation works when another (temporary) company is in quarters. Being that they are a visitor, do they have to do the watch at all? Perhaps someone can provide some further clarification to me and FDNYSI's questions.

I could be wrong but I believe it would also be 'Engine' then the housewatchman would have to specify who the run is for. As to having multiple people in the housewatch, there would only be one person on watch at a time, regardless of how many companies. Although, I am not sure how the housewatch rotation works when another (temporary) company is in quarters. Being that they are a visitor, do they have to do the watch at all? Perhaps someone can provide some further clarification to me and FDNYSI's questions.
There would only be one person assigned to the watch. I would come over as Engine or Ladder. You would have to wait until HW announced which company it would be for. The new company would be added to the rotation of doing watches and meals. One company would have watches, one would have meals and one would be off for the month and then rotate.