The results are in

Willy D asked me to post this pic

A couple more satisfied customers of Pepes Pizza (Yonkers)

From left to right are NYCFIRE members:
Johnny Gage, Fdce54, mikeindabronx, & jbendick.
View attachment 6437

Take a good look at the guy with the long white beard. Does he remind you of somebody you might be familiar with who wears a red suit, has a big bag of presents and rides a sleigh pulled by Eight Reindeers ? You might be familiar with them too. Their names are; Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Donder and Blitzen. And the Most Famous Reindeer of all - Rudolph.

Even if he is NOT a fan of Pepes Pizza, I do know this about the guy in that picture with the long white beard. He is one GREAT GUY who has ALWAYS been very good to me. I know that he also used to ride with his favorite FDNY Fire Company, I think it was Engine 69/Ladder 28.
He also has documented some of the BEST FDNY Pictures around and shares those EXCELLENT PHOTOS in his own web site titled: www.fdnysbravest.com . What a collection it is.

Take a good look at the guy with the long white beard. Does he remind you of somebody you might be familiar with who wears a red suit, has a big bag of presents and rides a sleigh pulled by Eight Reindeers ? You might be familiar with them too. Their names are; Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Donder and Blitzen. And the Most Famous Reindeer of all - Rudolph.

Even if he is NOT a fan of Pepes Pizza, I do know this about the guy in that picture with the long white beard. He is one GREAT GUY who has ALWAYS been very good to me. I know that he also used to ride with his favorite FDNY Fire Company, I think it was Engine 69/Ladder 28.
He also has documented some of the BEST FDNY Pictures around and shares those EXCELLENT PHOTOS in his own web site titled: www.fdnysbravest.com . What a collection it is.

Thank you Willy

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Brad for posting these pictures for me. As they say; "a picture is worth a thousand words".

To ALL my NYC buddies, I think these pictures speak for themselves. Those people aren't standing in line to collect their welfare checks. But rather waiting to get inside of their favorite Pizza Restaurant. Yet, in conducting on scene interviews, throughout that large crowd waiting to go inside for their "favorite" pizza pie, there are many New Yorkers who have left the five boros of NYC, then drive the 75 mile trip on the very busy I-95 in Connecticut, just to get a spot in line at their favorite pizza place. The one that has been ranked NUMBER 1 - 4 years in a row, as the BEST PIZZA in the Entire Country.

As for my good buddy Brad, "signal 73", I am certainly grateful to him for once again posting these pictures for his Uncle Wilfred. I'm actually kind of glad that he isn't standing in line like so many others, because that is One LESS person that I have to wait to get a seat and thrown down one of Pepe's LARGE Meat Special Pies. YUMMY.

Gentlemen, your comments were all well taken. But there really can be "ONLY ONE WINNER". By the popular vote, that WINNER IS - ONCE AGAIN - Pepe's Pizza.

Order Yours Today. Tell'em Uncle Wilfred, aka "NFD2004", sent you.

Why would anyone give any thought to “Drive 75 miles” to the northern, untamed province of something called Connecticut when one can take an enjoyable (free) Staten Island Ferry trip and a short bus ride to Joe and Pat’s on Staten Island. The next closest “best” is Domino’s Thin Crust. Take it from a lifelong NYC Irishman who knows about these things!!

Bill – how about sending us each a full pie so we can see for ourselves?

Willy D asked me to post this pic

A couple more satisfied customers of Pepes Pizza (Yonkers)

From left to right are NYCFIRE members:
Johnny Gage, Fdce54, mikeindabronx, & jbendick.
View attachment 6437

"manhattan", YES, we might be buddies, but NO MORE PEPE Pies for "You NY Guys".

I already spent too much of my hard earned cash on "YOUR Other Buddies" here, (left to right), "Johnny Gage, "Mr fdce54", "mikreindabronx", and "jbendick", giving them plenty of FREE Samples of what the entire country voted as "The Best Pizza in America". (Reply # 24)

As has been mentioned here before. Take a good look at their faces. Do they look HAPPY ? At least Mr Gage did his best to try and smile.

Not only that, at this Pepe's the waitress had a thing for "ME". That was clear to see. But I think those guys might have been a little jealous over that too.

They can have their Arthur Ave Pizza Joints. A while back when they bought me and a couple of other out of state guys to a pizza joint there, at least we smiled after putting a couple of slices in our bellies. "It's just the polite thing to do".

I think back then, the Rev (CFDMarshall), Declean (Irish), and maybe Johnny D (Johnd248), was also with us. Of course "Johnny D" being from Brooklyn hates to admit it, but he's now living a life of luxury here in Connecticut. "HOME TO THE BEST RATED PIZZA IN THE COUNTRY.

Why would anyone give any thought to “Drive 75 miles” to the northern, untamed province of something called Connecticut when one can take an enjoyable (free) Staten Island Ferry trip and a short bus ride to Joe and Pat’s on Staten Island. The next closest “best” is Domino’s Thin Crust. Take it from a lifelong NYC Irishman who knows about these things!!

Bill – how about sending us each a full pie so we can see for ourselves?
Joe & Pat's pies are good, but they're so thin that one can easily eat 5 or 6 slices and not feel full. The box the pie comes in is thicker than the crust.

Lenny & John's Flatbush Ave. Brooklyn (a.k.a. 'God's Little Acre')

Nuff' Said.

Villabate Alba 70th and 18th Brooklyn. The cannoli are the best fuhgeddaboutit. Any pastry you want they got. The Cassata cake is fantastic.

I'd give my eye teeth to have either an Italian, French or Jewish bakery here in the wilds of Virginia. It's the one thing I REALLY miss about living in the NYC area. Around here they seem to think that cornbread is a fine delicacy . . . and while I like a piece of good cornbread every once in a while, it's not a cheese (or prune) danish, a croissant, crumb cake or an Ebinger's chocolate cake. And even though some Entenmann's stuff is available here, it's just not the same since Bimbo's bought them out. I just thank the Good Lord that my wife Kay makes the best pies I have ever tasted.

I lived in Cicero Illinois, the home of Al Capone for 35 years. The best pizza I ever had was from a mom and pop shop around the corner from my house. Unfortunately the owners retired. Before I moved though the next best was Pisan's in Berwyn on Ogden Ave, AKA Route 66.

I've said it before & I'll say it again. Being a new haven guy you won't catch me at any of those places for Pizza.
Zuppardis in West Haven & Capones in Branford make a good pie.

Now for Best Italian Bakery there are many good ones in New Haven:
1. Lucibello's on Grand Ave across from Fire Headquarters
2. Libby's on Wooster St (not to far away from Grand Ave)
3. Rocco's on Fair Haven few blocks away from the East Battalion Headquarters

Raybrag: don’t remind me of Ebinger’s chocolate cake. It’s official name was Blackout cake but my family always called it “ fallout cake”. LOL. How much did I eat at E 248 where they got fresh baked goods six days a week?

Was it Pepe's where our Senior Man, Uncle Willy, got roughed up by the Waitress?

Steve, "fltpara16", as I remember a couple of guys from this site were putting down a couple dozen slices of those big all meat and veggie pizzas, when our waitress was trying to hit on me. NO - it "WASN'T HIT ME" , but rather "HIT ON ME".

Those guys just tried to twist things around because she wasn't interested in any of them.

Well, because they embarrassed me so much, "nothing ever came out of it".

Steve, I am sorry to tell you this, "but a lot of those guys are your buddies".

Recently on the Connecticut Public Broadcasting Channel (PBS), in an interview among dozens of Pizza lovers, the Wooster St area in New Haven is known for the Best Pizza.

Although Pepe's was rated as NUMBER ONE in 6 out of 7 years, other pizza places on the same street were also rated TOP's when it comes to pizza. At least here in the Nutmeg State, known as Connecticut.

Included, besides Pepes, and their nearby Add-On pizza restaurant called; "The Spot", the other TWO FAVORITES WERE:
1) "Sally's Pizza" - also on Worcester St
2) "Metropolitan Pizza" - also on Worcester St.
Each having their own individual specialties

So, as the Tee Shirt that Brad, "signal 73", posted here shows - when it comes to the fire department that protects "The Pizza Capital of the World", it is the busy New Haven (CT) Fire Department.
In fact, while you are waiting in line for your pizza, you may even hear the sirens and air horns as the "Elm City's Bravest" respond.
It has happened to me quite often.