The Ventures/Days of Doo Wop

memory master said:
And in the church basement was where the song was recorded for the master tape. One of the "Satins" was unable to attend the session so the sax was played by a church member Vinnie Mazzetta. Ironically, "In The Still Of The Nite" was to be released as the "B" side with "The Jones Girl" as the plug "A" side.

Thank you Charlie "memory master" T., for that interesting info.

It's not considered Doo Wop, but about a week ago I went to a FREE Show at the Mohegan Sun's Wolf Den. It was called "The Motown Revue". One group singing numerous hits like; "My Girl", "Dancing in the street", "Ain't too Proud to Beg", "Stop in the Name of Love", etc. It was a full house with other people watching from outside the Den, along the gate.

Only proves that Doo Wop and Motown Music STILL "LIVES ON". 

Emil Stucchio, formerly of "The Classics", is a retired NYC Transit Police Sgt. and a hell of a nice guy. His group had the 1963 hit redoing "Till Then" which was previously recorded by the Mills Brothers and the "Hilltoppers."

Here is an upcoming event that you folks may be interested in, a countdown of 60's songs at www.popgoldradio.com on Feb. 29th. It will probably be in the afternoon for four hours but as soon as I get an exact time I'll post it.

Last edited:
Dancers Nils and Bianca perform a wonderfully entertaining dance at the Rock That Swing Festival.

GO TO  https://youtu.be/7DTTViBPng4  FOR 1:53 VIDEO

manhattan said:
Dancers Nils and Bianca perform a wonderfully entertaining dance at the Rock That Swing Festival.

GO TO FOR 1:53 VIDEO

WOW - Thanks Frank "manhattan". Kind of reminds me of my dance moves about 50 years ago. Same kind of suit and tie, even the same kind of shoes and hair style. Just don't tell my old buddies, that "raybrag" guy, or "fdce54", because they're going to try and say something about how they did those moves much better.

So, just to give the Great Members and fans of Doo Wop here a pre-warning, "if they do - it's just cause they really know they sure couldn't move like their buddy Mr Wilfred D, back in those Happy Doo Wop Days".

Now, let's put that aside.

First going back referring to my post in reply # 465, there was another very famous song about "Angels" that I forgot. Probably one of the more popular "angel" songs of those Doo Wop Days. It is also among those "Maltshop Memories" CDs

But before that:
I received a message from Memory Master, Charlie T., yesterday about "WABC top 1500 hits of the 1960s". They will be playing every song of the 60s that made it to the top hits for that entire decade.
The program, Part 1 begins today (2/29) at 2pm EST. You can also tune it in on:

www.tunein.com or www.popgoldradio.com

THANK YOU Charlie for that info.

Now we get back to those Angel songs:

Do you remember this one:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ledtDi7xHTo

Last edited:
Here is another Angel song - sung by a young girl who was the lead singer of the group called; "The Originals". Here name was Rosie and she was only 15 years old when she sang this. A time many of us feel was a HAPPIER, More PEACEFUL, and ENJOYABLE Time, growing up as teenagers.

We go back now to the year 1960 when 15 year old "Rosie - and the Originals" sang this Angel Song.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWUCO78FR2M

Last edited:
^^^^^^ Video from Fall River Mass. showing Johhny Maestro performing even though he was dying from cancer.....singing along side him is Les .....they are together again ......

Last edited:
I saw the Brooklyn Bridge Group many times at live shows.

We have lost the lead singer Johnny Mastro and singer Freddy Ferrara. Now we have also lost Les Cauchi too.

I think after 9/11, it was reported here that this group put on a show with all proceeds going to 9/11 victims.

Also that Les Cauchi had served in Viet Nam.

This video is from awhile back but for those that may not have seen it i will re post it....FDNY FF Michael Kiefer LAD*132 was murdered at 25 yrs of age on 9-11-01.....He & his Dad were Doo Wop fans ....his Dad's speech posted here was in 2010 at a Memorial Tribute to the late Johnny Maestro of "The Brooklyn Bridge" & the group at QNS College...Les Cauchi mentioned by Mike's Dad in the video is a fellow Vietnam Vet & an member of "The Del Satins" & then the original "Brooklyn Bridge" & still a member of the present day "Brooklyn Bridge"....Les sometime when performing in NYC overnights here in our basement as he is related to our friend... Thank You to these modern day performing artist's who carry on the decent tradition of Music without cursing or attacking another group & Continued Rest In Peace to Michael & ALL from 9-11-01 & from related sickness after from that day.....

Last edited:
68jk09 said:
SAD NEWS TO REPORT......LES CAUCHI former Del Satin & current member of The Bklyn Bridge has Passed To A Higher Level..... scroll down for our tribute & to view Les singing lead in a sonny maxon video...  https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/leslie-cauchi-obituary?pid=195613965

I went to H.S. with Les at Power Memorial Academy in Manhattan He lived on the east side of Manhattan and walked through the park
to Power

Another artist from our good old days has departed. Phil Phillips (John Phillip Baptiste) who had the one hit wonder in 1959 with "Sea Of Love." He was 89 years of age and lived in Lake Charles, Louisiana all of his life. Rest In Peace and thanks for the memory.

memory master said:
Another artist from our good old days has departed. Phil Phillips (John Phillip Baptiste) who had the one hit wonder in 1959 with "Sea Of Love." He was 89 years of age and lived in Lake Charles, Louisiana all of his life. Rest In Peace and thanks for the memory.

Rest in Peace Phil Phillips

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2z6jNuRf0

Last edited:
nfd2004 said:
Doo Wop is coming to Staten Island

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7P0UVftteQ

As the saying goes: "The Show Must Go On". But in these days of quarantine due to the coronavirus, that is NOT the case at all.

The Doo Wop Show that was scheduled for Staten Islands Center for the Arts, was forced to cancel their Saturday April 4th evening show.

But on that date, April 4th, Stilletto and Saxman came up with an idea. They wanted to put on a show of their own for all of us to enjoy during these days of quarantine.

The show was originally scheduled the same day that this site member, Chief Jack Kleehaas (68jk09) would celebrate his Birthday.

So Chief we dedicate this one to you as we wish you a Happy Belated Birthday.

Here is; "Stilletto and Saxman"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJqozUi2m9M

Last edited:
I got a tip from Warren Fuchs (The Voice Of Bklyn Fire Radio) mentioning the fact that the movie "Looking For An Echo" directed by Kenny Vance was available to watch on TV if you subscribe to Amazon Prime ......it was made awhile back but it is worth watching ......there also DVDs of it out there on eBay etc......here is the trailer.....

Last edited: