Ugly/Not Ugly

Couldn’t happen to a worse women but then I realized the commissioner was there as well 😂😂😂

How about a bunch of us old retired guys, go down there and say it was us.
The Dept already trying to go after our Brothers booing her. With some BS that "keep your political views outside of Dept function on Duty" in the latest NY Post. UFA/UFOA better shut this S--- down real fast let the "Administration non uniform to mind their there business! Its OUR Opinion & nothing else! Your embarrassed too dam bad.. WE Don't Like You...Period!

Seems odd that all the hoopla seemed to be reported about on many levels around many distant news services but I have not seen anything about it on the local Spectrum NY1 News ? ....I wonder who put the gag order on them ? .....Her people or ours ?
i've seen it all day on ny1.

What religion is she chaplain for? No Bible or other religion book starts with “Women’s”
I guess you can use any book,religion or political ideas that fit you and the job. How about the Constitution next time if religion isn’t your thing!
Next time I have to get sworn, I might use ‘The Art of the Deal’ just to piss off some people off ,🤬

Last edited:
This whole mess was started by the Fire Commissioner by making this a political event, instead of a F.D. Promotional one.
It actually was started by rank and file members, in dress uniform - representing the department, in a very poor light. When you put on that uniform, regardless of your beliefs, you are expected to represent the department respectfully and adhere to the guidelines of the department, regardless of your stance. Booing an openly mocking an elected official flies in the face of that in every aspect. The commissioner is doing nothing wrong here.

It actually was started by rank and file members, in dress uniform - representing the department, in a very poor light. When you put on that uniform, regardless of your beliefs, you are expected to represent the department respectfully and adhere to the guidelines of the department, regardless of your stance. Booing an openly mocking an elected official flies in the face of that in every aspect. The commissioner is doing nothing wrong here.
B.S.

As the functional CEO of the FDNY, the Commissioner either directed, or approved, the appointment of the new Chaplain. Time will tell if it was a wise appointment. Hopefully, the Chaplain has the ability to provide comfort and healing to members of the department during difficult times which will surely occur on a dark day in the future.
The Commissioner knew, or should have known, that this appointment might be viewed by many in the FDNY rank and file as an extension of the DEI policy which is currently pervasive in many government agencies. Inviting AG Letitia James to be the Keynote Speaker to this event added fuel to the fire. The Commissioner, and her staff, exercised poor management judgement in setting up the program for this event which traditionally focused on the hard work of Company Officers and Field Commanders as they advance in leadership roles.
As the top manager of the FDNY, a more appropriate swearing in ceremony for the new chaplain should have taken place at Headquarters, or a house of worship, with the Command Staff and a contingent of the FDNY Honor Guard leading the investiture. Other Chaplains, Religious and Government Dignitaries, like AG James, should have been invited and encouraged to offer kind and encouraging remarks.
Overall, the Commissioner does not appear to have the desire, experience or background to bring people together in the unique workforce that she theoretically manages.

As the functional CEO of the FDNY, the Commissioner either directed, or approved, the appointment of the new Chaplain. Time will tell if it was a wise appointment. Hopefully, the Chaplain has the ability to provide comfort and healing to members of the department during difficult times which will surely occur on a dark day in the future.
The Commissioner knew, or should have known, that this appointment might be viewed by many in the FDNY rank and file as an extension of the DEI policy which is currently pervasive in many government agencies. Inviting AG Letitia James to be the Keynote Speaker to this event added fuel to the fire. The Commissioner, and her staff, exercised poor management judgement in setting up the program for this event which traditionally focused on the hard work of Company Officers and Field Commanders as they advance in leadership roles.
As the top manager of the FDNY, a more appropriate swearing in ceremony for the new chaplain should have taken place at Headquarters, or a house of worship, with the Command Staff and a contingent of the FDNY Honor Guard leading the investiture. Other Chaplains, Religious and Government Dignitaries, like AG James, should have been invited and encouraged to offer kind and encouraging remarks.
Overall, the Commissioner does not appear to have the desire, experience or background to bring people together in the unique workforce that she theoretically manages.
How’s the saying go ….”Read your audience “ ! Metro Tech turn the event in a political event with DEI ! When they made the appointee more important then the promotes !

Last edited: