Westbury (Nassau) NY 6-Alarm Waste Facility Fire

As of now 52 of the 71 departments in Nassau responded or relocated. Might go on for days.

As of now 52 of the 71 departments in Nassau responded or relocated. Might go on for days.
As an example, the East Rockaway FD Hose 1 relocated to Garden City to provide coverage while GCFD is at the fire. This is a HIGHLY unusual relocation . . . In my almost 80 years, can't remember ever seeing a relocation like that in Nassau.

As an example, the East Rockaway FD Hose 1 relocated to Garden City to provide coverage while GCFD is at the fire. This is a HIGHLY unusual relocation . . . In my almost 80 years, can't remember ever seeing a relocation like that in Nassau.
Even more crazy that Garden City ended up having a fire hours lately...think some relocators ended up going to that job.

As of now 66 out of 71 departments operated or relocated. Garden City job was a triple fatal, very unusual for that department.

And the hits keep coming . . . East Rockaway Hose 1 (Engine 405) was called away from Garden City to respond to the 6-Alarmer. From ERFD:

"Engine 405 has been relocated from Garden City to Westbury to support the Westbury Fire Department as they continue to extinguish hot spots at a stubborn commercial fire that has been burning since yesterday evening. Engine 405 relieved
Malverne Fire Department
Engine 433 to relay pump to Westbury Engine 967 to feed one of the numerous tower ladders in operation."

Not sure if East Rockaway has ever responded that far away.

Fire has been declared under control; but hot spots are still being hit. Fire went to TEN alarms. Between this fire and a residential, triple fatal fire in Garden City, ALL 71 DEPARTMENTS IN NASSAU COUNTY WERE ACTIVE AT THE SAME TIME AT ONE OR THE OTHER OF THESE TWO FIRES. In addition, some departments from Suffolk County responded the the Westbury fire. I've been mistaken many times before, but I think this may be unprecedented.