what rig is this?

Bulldog

Bulldog
Why was it shot down for the new 6 Sats?
I'm sure that cost was at least one of the major factors in that decision. The satellites like the ones I have had and bought are quite reasonably priced because I don't have pumps etc. These high capacity pumpers are very expensive, I'm guessing around 3 times the cost of the satellites they bought.

Maybe put it with E207? This was formerly the "parent" engine for the Superpumper and then the Maxi Water Unit. Large quarters, centrally located.

Hearing that this Industrial Pumper design will not be used for any Sat..... also it's actual use is still up in the air .....further I was told it is not referred to as a "Super Pumper" by those in authority.....stay tuned ?

FDNY had a Super Pumper years a go it was a 3 piece company! My Dad was their the day they delivered it to FDNY
Originally 5 pieces: pumper (2400 hp marine diesel coupled to an 8800 gpm @ 350 psi pump), a hose wagon with a 5” fireboat Stang and three satellites, later expanded to 5 while the Super Pumper System ( the full name) was in use. I was OTS at its first big fire in the West Village.

Originally 5 pieces: pumper (2400 hp marine diesel coupled to an 8800 gpm @ 350 psi pump), a hose wagon with a 5” fireboat Stang and three satellites, later expanded to 5 while the Super Pumper System ( the full name) was in use. I was OTS at its first big fire in the West Village.

Yes that is correct.
It was:
The Super Pumper
The Super Tender
Sat 1, Sat 2, and Sat 3

mack

Administrator
Superpumper and Supertender went into service at Engine 211/Ladder 119. Firehouse was central to Lower Manhattan/Williamsburg/Newtown Creek areas consider highest incident area for 5th or greater alarms. Also access to major arteries for response to different boroughs.

Firehouse had 3 bays. Ladder 119 was issued a high ladder so it could park behind Engine 211 in same bay.

The 5500 Gal Ferrara "white elephant" will sit in 260 until someone comes up with a use for it.....it has nothing to do with the old Super pumper System.....Ferrara refers to it as a Super Pumper in their marketing terms but it is a far cry from the original system & was not bought by the FDNY to be such.