WNYF SUBSCRIPTION INFO.

Thought about subscribing...But I just want the Magazine to come to the house.. no online stuff or any EMS or Pro stuff

Signal73 said:
Thought about subscribing...But I just want the Magazine to come to the house.. no online stuff or any EMS or Pro stuff
Yes thats the way it used to be...a direct subscription for the hard copy in the mail paid yearly....i dont know what happened to that option.

68jk09 said:
Signal73 said:
Yes thats the way it used to be...a direct subscription for the hard copy in the mail paid yearly....i dont know what happened to that option.

I emailed them & asked..They said Same price..just dont look at the online stuff lol

I am no longer a subscriber to WNYF Magazine. BUT, without a doubt, WNYF is one of the BEST Firefighting Training Magazines I have ever subscribed to. Major incidents which occurred in NYC are discussed and talked about and always contained "lessons learned", which discusses ways to improve operations should another similar incident occur.

I also understand that sometimes questions on promotion exams within the FDNY were taken from various articles of WNYF.

My first WNYF Magazine was given to me the day I visited FDNYs Engine Co 210 and Rescue 2 on Carlton Ave by then, the late, highly decorated Lt Richard Hamilton. That was the Summer of 1968 and while riding the train on the way back home to Bridgeport (Ct), I read it cover to cover. A check was in the mail  soon after to become a new subscriber. 

Announced at my retiree meeting this past Sunday was that WNYF was going to be published TWICE a year, I cannot confirm.

I have been a subscriber since1960 and have learned many valuable lessons. Introduced WNYF to my Texas brothers and sisters. They all accused me of trying to bring Yankee tactics to the region but after a few of our training sessions were based on WNYF articles, they agreed it was/is a great publication.

How come they stopped putting the list deaths of members in the back of the magazine?