New Rescues in Production

Interesting. I thought the FDNY required a single source manufacturer to build their rigs.
Nobody is a single source. Engines come from a supplier; transmissions from another, pumps from another; brakes from another; warning lights from another, etc., etc., erc.

Nobody is a single source. Engines come from a supplier; transmissions from another, pumps from another; brakes from another; warning lights from another, etc., etc., erc.
I meant as in the manufacturer builds both the cab and body ( and aerial for the ladders). If KME builds the cab and Ferrara builds the body its technically not a single source rig even though they're both under the REV umbrella.

I meant as in the manufacturer builds both the cab and body ( and aerial for the ladders). If KME builds the cab and Ferrara builds the body its technically not a single source rig even though they're both under the REV umbrella.
Satellites are Peterbilt cab/chassis with a Ferrara body (prior generation were Mack/Ferrara).

I think it's interesting that Ferrara no longer offers the Ultra cab & chassis as an option on their web site. Must not have sold enough of them to make it worthwhile. So . . . have we seen the last of them when this run of rescues is finished???? The new super pumper won't be one either.

IMO, I doubt it. Wildwood NJ currently has an Ultra on the production page (Job H-6570) and DCFD just ordered two (2) rescue squads constructed on the Ultra chassis. Granted it's not listed on their chassis page, but it's still listed on the spec. sheets for custom pumpers, aerials, ladders and rescues. It's not the most frequently purchased chassis but it seems to still be an option for those willing to pay for it.

IMO, I doubt it. Wildwood NJ currently has an Ultra on the production page (Job H-6570) and DCFD just ordered two (2) rescue squads constructed on the Ultra chassis. Granted it's not listed on their chassis page, but it's still listed on the spec. sheets for custom pumpers, aerials, ladders and rescues. It's not the most frequently purchased chassis but it seems to still be an option for those willing to pay for it.

So I believe that Ferrara now only makes aluminium chassis most likely to streamline their supply chain in a cost saving measure. REV mostly likely now has KME make the Ultra due to them having other steel products on the market, again just merging supply chains. Which is a long winded way to say that the Ultra is still being made just in a different factory.

292 is probably on the street somewhere. I assume they have both rescue rigs inside for looking over the new one, comparing them, familiarizing etc. I think the one in 292 bay is the new one