6/20/24 Bronx 4th Alarm Box 2297

At the 18:30 mark:
That hydrant supply line line could have easily been hooked to that hydrant AROUND the car. There was absolutely no urgency to get a protective line into operation from that engine, who was the SIXTH engine on the assignment. Totally unprofessional and an embarrassment, considering who the company was.
I’m more impressed how the chauffeur dealt with the twists in the line while he was attaching it to the hydrant 🤦‍♂️. Basics!!

At the 18:30 mark:
That hydrant supply line line could have easily been hooked to that hydrant AROUND the car. There was absolutely no urgency to get a protective line into operation from that engine, who was the SIXTH engine on the assignment. Totally unprofessional and an embarrassment, considering who the company was.
I was wondering why they went through the car also. He was parked too close but it seemed like it took longer to do that than just go around it.

I too believe that a Hydrant Hook Up could have been made in front of, or over the illegally parked. BUT if you park on a hydrant you deserve to pay the price. It is very important to get protective hoselines in place at advanced fire like this. The 6th Engine on the run card, can indeed be stretching protective hoseline for an advanced fire that is vital for exposure control. Remember the 6th Engine, responded on the 2nd alarm, on this fire that went to a 4th Alarm. I would add one more idea. When you hook to the 4 1/2" outlet on a hydrant at serious fire you should place a 2 1/2" gate valve or better yet a 2 1/2" "Y" gate valve on the other outlet of the hydrant. This allows you to get maximum flow out of the hydrant by
augmenting the supply to the pump if needed. These are great FDNY units with experienced members. Instead of finding fault with minor things learn from what we see. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired

My GOD, what was that ECC thinking, totally unprofessional and not focused on the mission. It is truly a WTF moment and a total embarassment t the FDNY. Something isn't proper simply because it's permissible, nor is it ethical just because it's legal. The FDNY is not in the business to teach someone a lesson, but to save lives and property...Running a hoseline through a vehicle is very selfish act and completely unnecessary, this will change when someday, the owner comes out and starts popping off rounds and an innocent firefighter goes down...There is no need for this action, the FDNY prides itself to adapt and overcome, and there is a much better, proven and quicker way too, to do this. I thought we were better than this crap.

Where was L-29
At that 18:30 mark. It takes much longer to do that then stretch the 35’ yellow around the car. Make us look bush league. Especially when the public for the most part supports us.

I too believe that a Hydrant Hook Up could have been made in front of, or over the illegally parked. BUT if you park on a hydrant you deserve to pay the price. It is very important to get protective hoselines in place at advanced fire like this. The 6th Engine on the run card, can indeed be stretching protective hoseline for an advanced fire that is vital for exposure control. Remember the 6th Engine, responded on the 2nd alarm, on this fire that went to a 4th Alarm. I would add one more idea. When you hook to the 4 1/2" outlet on a hydrant at serious fire you should place a 2 1/2" gate valve or better yet a 2 1/2" "Y" gate valve on the other outlet of the hydrant. This allows you to get maximum flow out of the hydrant by
augmenting the supply to the pump if needed. These are great FDNY units with experienced members. Instead of finding fault with minor things learn from what we see. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired

View attachment 44560

lronic name on the sign.
Hahah.

3rd Alarm
E289 act. 71, 62 act. 50, 58 act. 73, 295 act. 60, 263 Comm.
L59 act. 19, 14, 150 act. 19F
B12 SA, B46 act. 26 FF,
B33 AR

Is the above correct?
How could two companies acting Ladder 19 be assigned at the same time?
Its happened before. There's a story around here somewhere of L120 having four sections of relocators. Though this happened during the War Years. L19 is a Must Fill correct?