1/31/15 Brooklyn 7th Alarm Box 103

Bulldog said:
Interesting that they had a fire there are approximately 2 hours before the large fire started.  Make you think the first fire wasn't thoroughly put out and rekindled started the major conflagration.  I wonder if possibly portions of the sprinkler system were taken 00S after the first fire for the heads could be replaced and it was not yet back in service?

Or one could think that someone started the first fire and had his/her/their hopes dashed by the extinguishment of same. Then waited a while and torched it of again only to succeed this time. Rekindle possible, but highly doubtful.

Bulldog

Bulldog
FDNYSTATENISLAND said:
While both are entirely possible, I have to think arson would be the best bet being a 10-41 (1) was transmitted?
I believe that's pretty much standard for any type of major fire.  It brings a fire marshal's response for investigation.  The (1) just means it was an occupied building instead of being vacant.  Does anybody know if there is somebody at the facility around the clock or is it normally unmanned?

Memory ...i agree w/you....arson would be the likely cause....court "records" & who knows what else stored there.

Bulldog

Bulldog
68jk09 said:
(from the link posted above).....PARTIAL INTERIOR VIEW PRIOR.....        http://www.citistorage.com/government/
At least looking at that picture it doesn't look like they have in rack sprinklers.  Most jurisdictions would not allow that with such a heavy fire load in the building.  Is this normal for facilities like this in New York City Or are in rack sprinklers required and just not visible in the picture?  You would think especially since they are storing governmental records they would be required to meet the most recent code!

Signal73 said:
Scanner seems quiet havent heard MCC1 lately or the relief companies
It may be that the MC does not use the Dept Radio to contact the Disp like FC does...maybe a Dispatcher on here can answer.

I have to catch them going 10-84.  Its getting tough to update it. Im slacking lol

A building full of important court records and documents? Hmmm, sounds suspicious to me. Does anybody remember back when Giuliani was cracking down, ready to subpoena records from the Fulton St. Fish Market when all of a sudden there was a big "Noon-Time" multiple alarm fire in the building housing all the records? ??? ::) ;)

guitarman314 said:
  A building full of important court records and documents? Hmmm, sounds suspicious to me. Does anybody remember back when Giuliani was cracking down, ready to subpoena records from the Fulton St. Fish Market when all of a sudden there was a big "Noon-Time" multiple alarm fire in the building housing all the records? ??? ::) ;)
Yup something smells "fishy" on both job's ...Fulton St back then & this weekend on North 11 St.    ....G Man glad to see you posting...hope all is well.

Why would engine 206 being as close as they are be used as a relief company and not go in on the second or third alarm?