100' Ferrara Rear Mount Aerials

Here
we go again, spending money on apparatus when we are about to close 62 companies citywide. To me it makes no sense.

baileyjeff said:
Here
we go again, spending money on apparatus when we are about to close 62 companies citywide. To me it makes no sense.

Correct me if im wrong someone...but I think that the budget for Rigs is seperate then that for the basic operations and stuff...and you can not switch money in between them

FDNY220122 said:
baileyjeff said:
Here

Correct me if im wrong someone...but I think that the budget for Rigs is seperate then that for the basic operations and stuff...and you can not switch money in between them
CORRECT!

B

Bigandy

I don't know about anyone else, but those Ferrara rigs are beauty's! Especially the heavy rescue's. Can't wait to see what the FDNY does with those babies!  ;D

It will do with them what it has always done to apparatus . . .  take them to fires and beat them to death.

Well money can always be switched, but we are about to close 62 companies, what are we going to do with those trucks, let them sit around and collect dust.

B

Bigandy

Nope, I didn't mean that, but that will happen too. I meant what specs and modifications they will perform on them. Every apparatus company seems to accommodate the FDNY to the fullest extent. They got a good video on youtube chronicling the design of the new Rescue 2 after 9/11.

Anyone out there know how these rigs are progressing? Are they on the "assembly line", how far along are they, when are the first ones expected in?

Thanks for any info,

Does Ferrara make Tower Ladders also and does FDNY have any news on order. .
Are most of the Tower's 75 feet and how many are 95 footers, thanks?

Truckie:

Ferrara has an "In Production" page on their web site which shows the units they are currently working on . . . and the FDNY rear-mounts have not appeared there yet.  Since all of the other rigs they've built for FDNY have been on this page when they were being built, I don't think they've started on them as yet . . . but that's just my guess.  Here's a link to the page:

http://www.ferrarafire.com/CustomerSupport/InProduction/InProduction.html

rdm:  Ferrara makes towers, but they've all been tower LADDERS (not aerialscopes) so far. Here's a link to some of their units (and 4 of them are on Long Island):

http://www.ferrarafire.com/NewDeliveries/ND3_Platforms.html

Bulldog

Bulldog
raybrag said:
rdm:  Ferrara makes towers, but they've all been tower LADDERS (not aerialscopes) so far. Here's a link to some of their units (and 4 of them are on Long Island):
I personally don't think Tower Ladders would hold up anywhere near as well as the Scopes in the way that FDNY uses them.

I have often wandered, why the FDNY does not just have a generic fleet of rearmounts, either split between pre piped ladders, and none pre piped ladders, or a whole fleet of pre piped ladders, as opposed to two seperate types of ladders, sticks and towers.negating the cost of tower ladders as a seperate fleet.

The real advantage of a tower ladder is for its bucket, which provides a stable, flexible elevated platform for pretty much everything.

The FDNY doesnt need prepiped aerials b/c they rarely use a ladder pipe. Towers ladders are easier to direct a stream and deliever more water.

Any word from Ferrara on the production schedule?  This contract has been out for many months.