2000GPM pumper FDNY and Satellite trucks

The Bid is out again for another set pumpers from looks of it. Also the Satellites are up for replace too.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/ocp/ocp_bidopenings.pdf

According to that list the pumper bids were opened on Nov. 2nd. Anyone know who got the bid?

The only two manufactures that l think would be placing bids on the new 2000 gmp pumpers that will be replacing the 2008  - 2009. &  2010 Seagraves would be........

SEAGRAVE.  AND.  FERRARA

I thought the bid is for only ONE pumper at the present time. Also why won't others bid on these?

wfd444........After just rereading the paperwork you are correct that onmy one 2000 gpm pumper is requested. I honestly can't figure out why .....The next batch of pumpers that are due replacements are the 2008 - 09. & 10s  and it's to early to replace them now.  Like l said l have no clue as to why they want one. There are still 6 company's that are on the list to be replaced by the KMEs and then there will be 5 additional units that have not been assigned to any company's as of yet.  I would guess the higher ups have something on there minds of there only looking to order one.

For a single unit ANY company could bid and come in the lowest: Sutphen, E-One, Pierce, Smeal etc...

I just saw the bid results and KME was low bidder followed by seagrave, ferrara and e-one was the highest bidder.  In terms of zone awards Seagrave came in first followed by eone, ferrara and kme was last. I hope this info answered some of your questions.

Joebud2006 said:
I just saw the bid results and KME was low bidder followed by seagrave, ferrara and e-one was the highest bidder.  In terms of zone awards Seagrave came in first followed by eone, ferrara and kme was last. I hope this info answered some of your questions.
  Explain "ZONE AWARDS"? ???

Possibly the order of only 1 Rig could have to do w/previous orders of several rigs that turned out not to be good...getting 1 ahead of time would give a chance to put it through some stringent testing before replacements are needed....this is what many people said before ....start off with 1 & see how good it is ... JMO.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Joebud2006 said:
I In terms of zone awards Seagrave came in first followed by eone, ferrara and kme was last. I hope this info answered some of your questions.
What does the term "Zone Awards" mean?  I'm guessing that the bid is for one pumper so that they have a qualified bidder if they need any new rigs at this time, they would just to an add-on order based on this.  Since the terms of being there for 3 years, the last round of bidding which can be won is expiring and they wouldn't have any bidder on the books to get rigs from.

Sorry it took so long to create the link. Anyways I've just seen on the procurement site a solicitation for 100 ft tillers, a bid extension for the caisson truck, and a pre bid meeting for a cable scrapper truck. For those of you asking about the zone awards I honestly have no clue what it means.

Thank you for posting that bid information. I was very shocked to see that KME actually made a bid and no less was the lowest bidder.  For those keeping track E 320s new KME has had there radio installed and programmed.  The last 3 units being E 308 - 305. &  168 ( unit 86 and replacing there 2006 Seagrave ) , should be in soon. Also the remaining 6 units are also due shortly and have been assigned to companys.  I do not have the list of those company's yet but l would have to think they will be replacing  5 of the 2008 Seagraves. Also E 9 has placed there new KME into service within the past week

AuxWarYearsCapt said:
Thank you for posting that bid information. I was very shocked to see that KME actually made a bid.

Why  are  you  shocked  that  KME  made  a  bid ?

I was just surprised to see KME make a bid since thst have numerous contracts from other states and the government

AuxWarYearsCapt said:
I was just surprised to see KME make a bid since thst have numerous contracts from other states and the government

Have you by any chance noticed that the last 90 or so FDNY pumpers were KMEs?  ::) 8) ::)

I think if you go to post # 704 of the FDNY pumpers awarded to KME thread and read down from there you might get the answer to your snarky question.