3/22/18 Manhattan 5th Alarm 10-66 (LODD) Box 1638

In2theJob said:
What was with all the different Commands reporting to Dispatch?
Went from B16 to B12 who was the RUL, to Car 6, then 10 then 11

B-14 took over this morning

Very saddened to hear of a Firefighter death.

My sincere thoughts and prayers are with FF Michael R Davidson?s family, loved ones friends and his FDNY Brotherhood. I cannot imagine what they must be going through right now.

NYC and its citizens are honoured to be served by such brave and dedicated professionals willing to give it all.

God Bless.

THEMAJESTIRIUM1 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YZiHQACiA

( FDNY BOX 1638 - MANHATTAN )  -  ( READ DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY )  -  FDNY BATTLING A DEADLY MAJOR 5TH ALARM FIRE IN A MULTIPLE DWELLING ON ST. NICOLAS AVENUE IN THE HAMILTON HEIGHTS AREA OF MANHATTAN IN NEW YORK CITY.  *****( DUE TO TRAGIC EVENTS OF THIS FIRE WITH THE LOSS OF A FDNY MEMBER, AND OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE DEPARTMENT, HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS, ALL FOOTAGE OF HIS REMOVAL FROM THE FIRE BUILDING HAS BEEN EDITED OUT OF THIS FIRE VIDEO )*****

With much hearbreak, I thank you for your respect - as I watch this evenings news coverage I came to realize that FF Davidson was from the crop of new FF's following 9/11.

May god rest his soul and give guidance to his family

Majesterium, a respectful and valuable insight for us all. You conducted yourself well under obvious quite difficult circumstances for the Brothers on scene.

Take that video down. Out of respect for the fallen brother and the family.  There?s a time and place for buffing jobs and posting videos.  This is not the time or place to put it up. 

My condolences to the Davidson Family. This is a difficult time for the Entire Department and for the neighborhood they serve. Going to be down one host at the Firehouse barbecue and truly missed.

Bulldog

Bulldog
4 truck said:
Take that video down. Out of respect for the fallen brother and the family.  There?s a time and place for buffing jobs and posting videos.  This is not the time or place to put it up.
That's certainly not necessary and probably not even appropriate.  He did the correct thing by taking the portions of the video showing the recovery out of the video but other than that it's perfectly acceptable.  Actually it's very appropriate because it shows what the brothers were up against fighting this fire.  We haven't heard any members of FDNY who post here regularly making comments like that so neither should others.  If they had a problem with it they would let the poster know.

Bulldog said:
4 truck said:
That's certainly not necessary and probably not even appropriate.  He did the correct thing by taking the portions of the video showing the recovery out of the video but other than that it's perfectly acceptable.  Actually it's very appropriate because it shows what the brothers were up against fighting this fire.  We haven't heard any members of FDNY who post here regularly making comments like that so neither should others.  If they had a problem with it they would let the poster know.

Agreed! Actually, the video is tribute to the brother's - knowing what they were confronted! with!

Funeral, wake for fallen FDNY firefighter announced

NEW YORK (WABC) --
The funeral for fallen FDNY Firefighter Michael Davidson will be held at St. Patrick's Cathedral in Midtown Tuesday at 10 a.m.

His wake will take place at Thomas F. Dalton Funeral Home in Floral Park, Long Island, on Sunday and Monday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

http://abc7ny.com/funeral-wake-for-fallen-fdny-firefighter-announced/3256259/

A Watchline is usually an engine company.  It is done at some jobs in case of possibility of a rekindle (out side ops, vacant, etc).  Also done at building collapses where searches have not been completed.  In this case, it also keeps a fire department presence at the scene.  If we don't leave, we can continue to operate because it is an active emergency.

As per a legal case in Michigan 20 to 30 years ago...once the fire department leaves the scene, it is no longer an emergency. If the arson guys need to revisit the fireground, they will need a search warrant.

It's to provide "continuity of evidence" should something of note be found after the fact - FDNY has maintained a presence at the scene since the initial response to the fire.

8060rock said:
It's to provide "continuity of evidence" should something of note be found after the fact - FDNY has maintained a presence at the scene since the initial response to the fire.

You are right on point with your reply's, may I just add that in the case of a death - and a possible law suite (legal - as you mentioned) with a continued watch line and keeping the area under a Emergency classification any and all investigations may go forward without any court intervention.  In other words - the courts would have no authority to stop or delay as long as there is a continued watch-line.

Have the Marshalls and other investigators been inside the building yet? I know a defective boiler was an idea of the initial cause. I read that building was so badly destroyed that they?ll have to take it down from top to bottom and investigate it then?