4/23/21. NEW SEAGRAVE TOWER LADDERS

Sl getting a 2nd.
Definitely a smart move to get a second one on the island. And 77 puts one on the North Shore.
I'm actually surprised that other than in the houses where the 95' rigs won't fit they haven't converted all of them to 95'. The 95s can do everything that the 75s can but the opposite isn't true. I know there's a cost differential but I'm guessing it isn't that great in the overall scheme of things.
Turning radius?

Great to see all these companies wasting no time to get to work on customizing their trucks.

Definitely a smart move to get a second one on the island. And 77 puts one on the North Shore.

Turning radius?

Great to see all these companies wasting no time to get to work on customizing their trucks.
TL35 was suppose to turn into one but some streets wasn’t gonna make it work. But I said the same thing about TL22.

TL35 was suppose to turn into one but some streets wasn’t gonna make it work. But I said the same thing about TL22.
I’m sure they will take into account your expert opinion on the matter

The 95foot rigs are a little bit longer than the 75 foot rigs. Certain areas on the job need the 95foot rigs for their reach but the houses and the areas can’t handle the rig. With the abundance of double parked cars and lots of cars parked on every corner makes it almost impossible to drive any of the rigs. There’s a good amount of overhang on the tower ladders and always got to watch your rear when turning

The 95foot rigs are a little bit longer than the 75 foot rigs. Certain areas on the job need the 95foot rigs for their reach but the houses and the areas can’t handle the rig. With the abundance of double parked cars and lots of cars parked on every corner makes it almost impossible to drive any of the rigs. There’s a good amount of overhang on the tower ladders and always got to watch your rear when turning
Let us not forget how the city reconfigured some of the streets for bike routes and other crazy reasons. These issues have made it more difficult to make streets. Another reason to perfect the Tiller Tower

Yeah and TL22 area has tighter streets then TL35. No one said nothing about expert opinions...... 45inchs is the difference.....

TL 44 looks like it has been downgraded to a 75ft.
Many people in the field believe that a 75ft is the rig to have, as it is more maneuverable in our ever constricting street scape. There are increasing locations were a 95ft can no longer make a turn on to a street or negotiate a formerly wide avenue with traffic. The extra 20ft of boom is only effective if it can get there.

Many people in the field believe that a 75ft is the rig to have, as it is more maneuverable in our ever constricting street scape. There are increasing locations were a 95ft can no longer make a turn on to a street or negotiate a formerly wide avenue with traffic. The extra 20ft of boom is only effective if it can get there.
Last I knew t44 has a 95' unless they are in a spare

Bulldog

Bulldog
Does 8nyone know how much longer a 95' is compared to a 75' when the tower is bedded?

They have been in a spare for a while now

Tillers have many advantages as Chief JK has stated. Hard to think of an advantage that a rearmount has.

That few feet is a huge amount of difference for a lot of locations in the 5 boroughs. Honestly the way it is getting we might end up seeing the Tiller make a comeback!
Many cities are seeing that TDAs are worth the extra bucks, and in recent years nationwide there has been a renaissance.