6/20/23 Manhattan 3rd Alarm Box 0131

How is 18 truck not on this box? I’ve been to multiples at that exact intersection and beyond on the 2nd

An insignificant note...

L56 relocates to L11. Fordham Rd to the East Village...ya' think 56 got there yet?

Love these new relocation policies.
Also E318 to E9. Yes, it’s all highway and at that time it’s faster but still a long run from coney to Chinatown.

OPEN more companies!

Fire duty is up citywide and running as much as ever! Fatals and burn injuries up a lot also
Just wondering where did you get this info from? Fire duty has been slowly decreasing/remaining relatively the same over the past 20+years.

I am afraid I am not very impressed in the manner in which Car-10(Bronx Borough Commander DAC John Sarocco introduced the hero's of this rope rescue . It was as if they were school children instead of heros.
Is there a link to this?

Question on the engine company is still being utilized for communication?
Why do they use in engine company for communication?
What is there a task during a fire?

Question on the engine company is still being utilized for communication?
Why do they use in engine company for communication?
What is there a task during a fire?
They bring the Kutta Radios to command post if they don’t use them they will go to work as an engine…. Places like Manhattan have radio issues…. There are target zones that u won’t name that have dead zones….

Just wondering where did you get this info from? Fire duty has been slowly decreasing/remaining relatively the same over the past 20+years.
Fatals are absolutely up the last 3 years. Ill find data and post.

“Major” fires are up also. You are correct the decline started around 2005-06 but stopped in 2020 and started to rise again. Ill find that data and share also.

Total RUNS have been as high as the 70’s the last 10 years. 2020 was a big dip citywide, but they have been increasing also.

Fatals are absolutely up the last 3 years. Ill find data and post.

“Major” fires are up also. You are correct the decline started around 2005-06 but stopped in 2020 and started to rise again. Ill find that data and share also.

Total RUNS have been as high as the 70’s the last 10 years. 2020 was a big dip citywide, but they have been increasing also.
And with the large majority of those runs being EMS and non-fire/emergency runs, not sure how much adding more companies would help. If anything, more ambulances are definitely needed. Just figured I’d share my 2 cents.

JSG

Most time hazmat logistics, its a pickup truck. I guess it depends on how many has to be picked up.
If there is a 10-45 1/2, 10-41 related to the batteries, any other high profile reason...they are picked up by Haz-Mat Logistics and a chain of custody is kept. Any Lithium Ion Battery incidents not fitting the above HM will notify DEP. DEP will pick up next business day.

And with the large majority of those runs being EMS and non-fire/emergency runs, not sure how much adding more companies would help. If anything, more ambulances are definitely needed. Just figured I’d share my 2 cents.
I’d start with Harlem and ENY

Then maybe Staten Island
I was just curious of why an engine company would be assigned this task?
stretching a precautionary line and/or patient assessment