ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

That's a big problem, we find out too late about losing one of our Brothers. It happened to Gerry Granata, I knew him from Watkins St. and after his retirement he worked in the Home Depot in Commack, and whenever I went there we would always talk about old times in FDNY. I would also see him at the Brooklyn breakfast in Lindenhurst on Friday. When I hadn't seen him for a while, I asked a Brother and he informed me that Gerry had passed away in April. Unfortunately, I guess there's not much we can do to accelerate receiving the information of the death of a fellow Brother. I know Jack does a terrific job.

When they formed the 2nd section they promised to let the guys go back to where they came from or an alternative spot. We had 14 1st grade FF's and 5 under 1st. The 1st graders may have volunteered and they just transferred in. Problem is nearly most have passed away. I believe just 1 left from initial rooster of Aug. 6 is left and he's in Florida. Richie was 2nd grade when he came to the 2nd section. The under 1st grader's may have been lifted in without a choice.

When they formed the 2nd section they promised to let the guys go back to where they came from or an alternative spot. We had 14 1st grade FF's and 5 under 1st. The 1st graders may have volunteered and they just transferred in. Problem is nearly most have passed away. I believe just 1 left from initial rooster of Aug. 6 is left and he's in Florida. Richie was 2nd grade when he came to the 2nd section. The under 1st grader's may have been lifted in without a choice.
If l remember correctly l saw Richie a few times when he was in 233-2. When 319 interchanged with 332 we relocated a few times and it was only to Hull St as 233-2.
I saw him allot more requently since we ran with 140 allot back in our areas of Middle Village, Glendale, Maspeth and along Fresh Pond Rd in Ridgewwod