ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

That's a big problem, we find out too late about losing one of our Brothers. It happened to Gerry Granata, I knew him from Watkins St. and after his retirement he worked in the Home Depot in Commack, and whenever I went there we would always talk about old times in FDNY. I would also see him at the Brooklyn breakfast in Lindenhurst on Friday. When I hadn't seen him for a while, I asked a Brother and he informed me that Gerry had passed away in April. Unfortunately, I guess there's not much we can do to accelerate receiving the information of the death of a fellow Brother. I know Jack does a terrific job.

When they formed the 2nd section they promised to let the guys go back to where they came from or an alternative spot. We had 14 1st grade FF's and 5 under 1st. The 1st graders may have volunteered and they just transferred in. Problem is nearly most have passed away. I believe just 1 left from initial rooster of Aug. 6 is left and he's in Florida. Richie was 2nd grade when he came to the 2nd section. The under 1st grader's may have been lifted in without a choice.

When they formed the 2nd section they promised to let the guys go back to where they came from or an alternative spot. We had 14 1st grade FF's and 5 under 1st. The 1st graders may have volunteered and they just transferred in. Problem is nearly most have passed away. I believe just 1 left from initial rooster of Aug. 6 is left and he's in Florida. Richie was 2nd grade when he came to the 2nd section. The under 1st grader's may have been lifted in without a choice.
If l remember correctly l saw Richie a few times when he was in 233-2. When 319 interchanged with 332 we relocated a few times and it was only to Hull St as 233-2.
I saw him allot more requently since we ran with 140 allot back in our areas of Middle Village, Glendale, Maspeth and along Fresh Pond Rd in Ridgewwod

RET FF RAYMOND ANNICELLI JR. .....ENG*73....

On 9-18-24 at 83 yrs of age....Appt. 3-27-65....
REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES....
His Son Scott is a FF in LAD*136.....Ray was a familiar figure at the 287..136..46 Christmas Parties as Santa. .......
Services to follow...

www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/port-jefferson-station-ny/raymond-annicelli-11997373

Last edited:
I was promoted with Ray to the Fire Marshals office April 22, 1992. We used to car pool to Randals Island for the 6 weeks of school with 2 other guys. We both were assigned Brooklyn Base after school, but Ray transferred to the Bronx, because of his tenure in 73 Eng. I had put in for the Bronx also but remained in Bklyn. because going to fires in Brownsville I knew almost everybody. Ray was a big guy but very soft spoken. RIP Ray and condolences to the Family.

RETIRED DC NICK VISCONTI.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.... A Great FF/OFFICER & LEADER....always a pleasure to be around. ....Nick's Brother Louie RET as a LT in ENG*88.

"It is with deep regret and heavy heart that the UFOA announces the passing of retired Deputy Chief and UFOA Board Member Nick Visconti.

During his forty-year career Chief Visconti worked in some of the busiest firehouses in the Bronx and Harlem. It is an understatement to say that Chief Visconti was well-regarded by his fellow officers; he was revered. From 2001 through 2007, Chief Visconti brought his experience and expertise to the UFOA. As fate would have it, Nick would be at the forefront of protecting our members in the aftermath of 9/11. Chief Visconti spent many months at The Pile, doing his best to enhance the physical safety and emotional well-being of our members. Back at the firehouse, he led the charge for the decontamination of our apparatuses, firehouses and equipment. Nick was always ready to stand up for his firefighters and officers. He was a firefighter’s firefighter. DC Nick Visconti left an indelible mark on the FDNY and the UFOA. There are no arrangements at the time of this notification. Please keep Chief Visconti’s family in your thoughts and prayers."

ARRANGEMENTS....From CPT AL...." May he Rest In Peace.

Nick served the people of New York as a Firefighter in Engine 50, a Lieutenant in Engine 37, a Captain in Engine 48, a Battalion Chief in Battalion 16, a Deputy Chief in both Division 3 and Division 14. He finished his career as a Chiefs Representative on the UFOA Board. Pete Passaretti said, "it's as if a bright light was extinguished in the universe".

The following are the wake and funeral arrangements for Nick Visconti.

Wake:
One session - Monday 9/23 from 4-8 PM
Quigley-Sullivan Funeral Home, Inc. | Cornwall-On-Hudson, NY (quigleybros.com)
Quigley - Sullivan Funeral Home
337 Hudson Street
Cornwall on Hudson NY, 12520

Funeral:
Tuesday 9/24 at 11 AM
St Marianne Cope Parish
340 Hudson Street
Cornwall on Hudson NY 12520

Please pass this along to anyone that may have had the pleasure of knowing or working with Nick. Better to hear about the arrangements more than once than not at all. "

Last edited:
RETIRED DC NICK VISCONTI.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.... A Great FF/OFFICER & LEADER....always a pleasure to be around. ....Nick's Brother Louie RET as a LT in ENG*88.

"It is with deep regret and heavy heart that the UFOA announces the passing of retired Deputy Chief and UFOA Board Member Nick Visconti.

During his forty-year career Chief Visconti worked in some of the busiest firehouses in the Bronx and Harlem. It is an understatement to say that Chief Visconti was well-regarded by his fellow officers; he was revered. From 2001 through 2007, Chief Visconti brought his experience and expertise to the UFOA. As fate would have it, Nick would be at the forefront of protecting our members in the aftermath of 9/11. Chief Visconti spent many months at The Pile, doing his best to enhance the physical safety and emotional well-being of our members. Back at the firehouse, he led the charge for the decontamination of our apparatuses, firehouses and equipment. Nick was always ready to stand up for his firefighters and officers. He was a firefighter’s firefighter. DC Nick Visconti left an indelible mark on the FDNY and the UFOA. There are no arrangements at the time of this notification. Please keep Chief Visconti’s family in your thoughts and prayers."
Rest easy Chief. You were a prince among men.

Nick Visconti was one of the Nicest and finest man I ever met. I worked under him at the World Trade Center and his concern for the safety of all the people at the scene was inspiration to us all. A class act at all times. I will miss you Chief, but most of all miss you, my brother fireman.
A light has gone out for all of us who knew Nick. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired.

Still surprised about his passing. But. Just thinking to myself as I have read all of these comments about Chief Visconti - a man I truly admired.

It just goes to show you, you can make your way all the way to the top - and still not forget about those who are below you. That's a choice you can make. The stories prove themselves.

No matter how high you go, there's no excuse for you to forget those who are doing the day to day job and be appreciative of them.

Chief Visconti never forgot where he came from... We can all learn a lesson from that.

jbendick

Administrator
RET FF RAYMOND ANNICELLI JR. .....ENG*73....

guyOn 9-18-24 at 83 yrs of age....Appt. 3-27-65....
REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES....
His Son Scott is a FF in LAD*136.....Ray was a familiar figure at the 287..136..46 Christmas Parties as Santa. .......
Services to follow...

www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/port-jefferson-station-ny/raymond-annicelli-11997373
I work with Ray when I was in Squad 2 and he was in Engine 73. He was a great

In Oct. 1968 I was assigned to Engine 96 out of Proby School. Approximately 6 weeks later, while I was on housewatch, there was a knock at the door. It was Nicky with a big smile on his face. Once he felt comfortable he started his ball breaking and continued it thru the years. Thanks Nicky, you left the job a better place then you found it. May the good lord accept you with open arms. God Bless you and your loved ones.