ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

RET BC KENNETH GUINTA BN*52
On 12/28/21 Ret. 12/21/1984 REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.
Burial of Cremated Cremains will be in Honolulul, HI on 1/18/2022 3PM

RET FF JAMES E. LYNCH JR. ENG*96....
ON 1/8/2022 at 78 yrs of age ....Ret. 10/30/1986 Yrs. of Serv. 17 ....
REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES
Viewing/Visitation: 1/14/2022 2 - 7 PM
McCourt & Trudden FH
385 Main Street Farmingdale, NY
Funeral Mass: 1/15/2022 11:00 am
St. Aiden RC Church
505 Willis Avenue
Williston Park, NY

A Celebration of Life will be held at LI National Cemetery in the Spring TBD....

OBIT. www.mccourtandtrudden.org/memorials/james-lynch/4825408/index.php

Last edited:
RET FF THOMAS CARROLL JR. ENG*288....
On 1/9/2022 RET. 5/31/1994 after 31 yrs OTJ....REST IN PEACE BROTHER....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY ....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILES.
Visitation: Sunday 1/23/2022 2-4 & 7-9 pm
Gleason FH
36-46 Bell Blvd.
Bayside, NY
Funeral Service: Monday 1/24/2022 10AM
All Saints Episcopal Church
214-35 40th Avenue Bayside NY 11361
Interment: Calverton National Cemetery

RET FF WILLIAM BOKELMANN .....On 1-12-22 ......Recd this from his Retiree's group ..QUOTE....
It is with regret that the FDNY Florida Retirees Martin/St Lucie Div. announces the death of it member Ret. FF William Bokelmann that occurred on 1/12/22. Bill was appointed 11/30/68 and retired 10/90. He was assigned to the following companies, L-117, TCU-712, L-155, R-4 and Haz Mat 1/ ......UNQUOTE.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
FROM HIS WIFE.. QUOTE...
I'm sorry to say that Bill passed away last night, January 12th, after a tough battle with Dementia.
I'm very sad but I grieved for 4 months while he went downhill faster than a speeding Fire Truck.

Because of Covid, I'm not having a Memorial at this time.

I'm planning on attending the February Memorial. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Sorrowfully,

Zelda Bokelmann ......UNQUOTE.

REST IN PEACE BROTHER... PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

RET FF WILLIAM BOKELMANN .....On 1-12-22 ......Recd this from his Retiree's group ..QUOTE....
It is with regret that the FDNY Florida Retirees Martin/St Lucie Div. announces the death of it member Ret. FF William Bokelmann that occurred on 1/12/22. Bill was appointed 11/30/68 and retired 10/90. He was assigned to the following companies, L-117, TCU-712, L-155, R-4 and Haz Mat 1/ ......UNQUOTE.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
FROM HIS WIFE.. QUOTE...
I'm sorry to say that Bill passed away last night, January 12th, after a tough battle with Dementia.
I'm very sad but I grieved for 4 months while he went downhill faster than a speeding Fire Truck.

I'm planning on attending the February Memorial. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Sorrowfully,

RIP Brother

mack

Administrator

FROM HIS WIFE.. QUOTE...

Sorrowfully,

RIP. FF Bill Bokelmann

Bol .gif

RET LT WILLIAM A. CALMBACHER ..KOREAN WAR VETERAN...(Delayed notification)....
On 9-17-21 after a long illness....FF ENG*36....RET as a LT in ENG*43 in 1980 after 23 yrs OTJ..... His Brother was a LT OTJ.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (US ARMY KOREAN WAR) & FDNY...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES..... PHOTO & OBIT. ... www.edwardlkellyfuneralhome.com/obituary/William-Calmbacher

Last edited:
Bill Bokelmann..
If my memory serves me, Bill served in the Marines, prior to the FDNY. He had quite a sense of humor and on the side was an exterminator, hiring quite a few FDNY members. He was also a member of the Wantagh FD,and then the Centerport FD. I will miss him. Steve Tellis

RET FF JOSEPH PERNA ENG*94 / ENG*89...KOREAN WAR VETERAN....
On 1-11-22 at 89 yrs of age....RET 9-6-90 after 33 yrs OTJ.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER...THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (KOREAN WAR) & FDNY....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.
Viewing/Visitation: Tuesday 1/18/22 3 - 7 PM
Schuyler Hill FH
3535 East Tremont Avenue Bronx
Funeral Mass: Wednesday 1/19/22 10:30 am
St. Benedict RC Church
2969 Otis Avenue Bronx
Interment: St. Raymond Cemetery
2600 Lafayette Avenue Bronx NY

PHOTO & OBIT.... www.schuylerhill.com/memorials/joseph-perna/4826050/service-details.php

Last edited:
RET BC THOMAS A. MURRAY BN*14... KOREAN WAR VETERAN.

Thomas A. Murray, of Blauvelt (NY), passed peacefully at home with his family by his side, on Sunday, January 16, 2022, He was 89 years old.

Tom worked as a proud member of the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) for over 40 years, having retired as a Battalion Chief in 1997. He worked as a fireman in Ladder 49, a lieutenant in Ladder 23, and a Captain of Ladder 37, ending his career as a Chief of the 14th Battalion. Tom loved the FDNY and the “brothers” he proudly served with, and was affectionately referred to as “Father Tom”.

Tom served in the United States Army during the Korean War (1952-1955), earning a Korean Service medal with bronze star device and his Combat Infantry Badge for heroic and meritorious achievement while in combat. He attained the rank of Sergeant upon his discharge.

Tom was a devoted parishioner of St. Catherine’s Church (Blauvelt NY) and resident of Blauvelt for over 50 years.
Tom is survived by his loving wife of 63 years Joan (Reardon), his sister Marion McHugh (West Nyack NY), his son Thomas, and wife Theresa (Briarcliff Manor), his daughter Catherine Kondracki and husband Ray (Pearl River NY), his daughter Joanie Thorne (Nanuet NY). He is also survived by his grandchildren Sarah, Kevin, Chris, Bryan, and Kyle. The joys of his life who he loved dearly.

Tom is predeceased by his parents Thomas and Mary Catherine and his brother Harry.

Tom will be remembered for the love of his wife Joan, his passion for his family, and for his comradeship with the men he served with in the United States Army and the FDNY. Tom was a true gentleman who had a kind and gentle soul. He will be missed by all who had the honor of knowing him.
Calling hours will be on Thursday, January 20, from 3 to 5 PM and 7 to 9 PM at the Wyman-Fisher Funeral Home, 100 Franklin Avenue Pearl River, NY.

The funeral will be held at St. Catherine’s Church, 521 Western Highway, Blauvelt, NY on Friday January 21, at 10 AM.
Interment will follow at the Gates of Heaven in Hawthorne NY.

In lieu of flowers donations can be made to United Hospice of Rockland, (unitedhospiceinc.org). ..... REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (US ARMY KOREAN WAR) & FDNY.
www.wymanfisher.com/obituary/Thomas-Murray

RET BC THOMAS A. MURRAY BN*14... KOREAN WAR VETERAN.

Thomas A. Murray, of Blauvelt (NY), passed peacefully at home with his family by his side, on Sunday, January 16, 2022, He was 89 years old.

Tom worked as a proud member of the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) for over 40 years, having retired as a Battalion Chief in 1997. He worked as a fireman in Ladder 49, a lieutenant in Ladder 23, and a Captain of Ladder 37, ending his career as a Chief of the 14th Battalion. Tom loved the FDNY and the “brothers” he proudly served with, and was affectionately referred to as “Father Tom”.

Tom served in the United States Army during the Korean War (1952-1955), earning a Korean Service medal with bronze star device and his Combat Infantry Badge for heroic and meritorious achievement while in combat. He attained the rank of Sergeant upon his discharge.

Tom was a devoted parishioner of St. Catherine’s Church (Blauvelt NY) and resident of Blauvelt for over 50 years.
Tom is survived by his loving wife of 63 years Joan (Reardon), his sister Marion McHugh (West Nyack NY), his son Thomas, and wife Theresa (Briarcliff Manor), his daughter Catherine Kondracki and husband Ray (Pearl River NY), his daughter Joanie Thorne (Nanuet NY). He is also survived by his grandchildren Sarah, Kevin, Chris, Bryan, and Kyle. The joys of his life who he loved dearly.

Tom is predeceased by his parents Thomas and Mary Catherine and his brother Harry.

Tom will be remembered for the love of his wife Joan, his passion for his family, and for his comradeship with the men he served with in the United States Army and the FDNY. Tom was a true gentleman who had a kind and gentle soul. He will be missed by all who had the honor of knowing him.
Calling hours will be on Thursday, January 20, from 3 to 5 PM and 7 to 9 PM at the Wyman-Fisher Funeral Home, 100 Franklin Avenue Pearl River, NY.

The funeral will be held at St. Catherine’s Church, 521 Western Highway, Blauvelt, NY on Friday January 21, at 10 AM.
Interment will follow at the Gates of Heaven in Hawthorne NY.

In lieu of flowers donations can be made to United Hospice of Rockland, (unitedhospiceinc.org). ..... REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (US ARMY KOREAN WAR) & FDNY.
www.wymanfisher.com/obituary/Thomas-Murray
RIP Brother

Does anybody know the location of the picture of 3 FFs sitting side by side on the seats on the deck of TCU*712 that had been posted on this site.... the FF on the right is a young Bill Bokelmann .

mack

Administrator
712  2.jpg

712.jpg

These are the TCU 712 pictures I found, but you are looking for the picture which showed the 3 members sitting under the aerial ladder. I think it was a WNYF picture. Will look there next.