Bids for next round of Engines ( Info from Redlight)

It seems a few people on a few forums seem to know more than the department does, no official mention from the dept and nothing from the reliable and known sources we have on this and other forums...

Maybe KME did get it, maybe ferarra or seagave, maybe even mercedes!!!!! Until its put out officially im saying its all conjecture.

JT

Just a shout out from Boston. I moved to Chicago in 1979, a few years later E-One hooked up with BFD. Gave them a demo which went to L-17. They were a busy truck but they went everywhere on a deuce. Ran that rig to death!! Eventually BFD signed a contract, went back to Boston in 1984 to visit the grand-parents, got some runs with L-16 (E53) Bitched about the brakes, they were a single-axle rig. I do not live in NY. Boston, and Chicago made major apparatus deliveries, not popular at times but I guess it worked. CFD Engines KME, Ladders Crimson/Spartan/Smeal(?) Guys the days of Mack are gone. I DO NOT WANT TO UPSET THE ESTEEMED MEMBERS ON THIS SITE, I AM JUST A PUP IN REGARDS TO YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE. Changes effect us all, horses, steamers, aerials, towers, etc.

Sorry, Rodent, it WON'T be Mercedes . . . they didn't bid.  8) 8) 8)

As for Macks . . . they ain't what they used to be since Volvo & Renault bought them out.  So be careful what you wish for.

GrumpyGrizzly,  I believe SMEAL are the manufacturers of the Aerial ladders,  just the ladders that go on the trucks that you mentioned.

FDNYBuff97 said:
fdny1075k said:
KME won the bid for 91 new Engines.
What's your source ?
http://www.firenews.org/news.html

The above link is the news page a New England fire news site run by Stoneham, MA FF John Galla. I found the info in the first section on the top of the page.(4/23/12) The information I find to be very accurate, especially with info regarding big apparatus orders and such like with Boston. However, nothing from KME yet.

Don't let Bubbleberg see that picture, or he'll want to buy 300 and replace all engine companies with them.  Think of the savings!  Only 1 man per company . . . NO officers . . .and they'll be great on gas mileage! ;) :eek: 8)  Besides . . . when they're not at a fire, they can be writing parking tickets! ::) ::) ::)

Bulldog

Bulldog
fdny1075k said:

The above link is the news page a New England fire news site run by Stoneham, MA FF John Galla. I found the info in the first section on the top of the page.(4/23/12) The information I find to be very accurate, especially with info regarding big apparatus orders and such like with Boston. However, nothing from KME yet.
That link also says that the new engines will be from KME and the new squads will be from Seagrave!  That certainly doesn't make much sense as far as maintenance goes.  If anything the reverse would make more sense to try a few KME's to see how they do without worrying so many.  I'm sure somebody knows what's going on but I'm not so sure they are really acting in the best interest of the fire department.

fdny1075k said:
FDNYBuff97 said:
fdny1075k said:
KME won the bid for 91 new Engines.
What's your source ?

This is the quote from that site.....

For you FDNY fans- KME won the bidding for 91 new FDNY engines with Seagrave winning the bid for new squads. Stand by on this, I'm being told this might be a rumor that is being circulated with no truth to it.

That wouldn't fill me with confidence  ???

Bulldog

Bulldog
IRISH said:
This is the quote from that site.....

For you FDNY fans- KME won the bidding for 91 new FDNY engines with Seagrave winning the bid for new squads. Stand by on this, I'm being told this might be a rumor that is being circulated with no truth to it.

That wouldn't fill me with confidence  ???
This wasn't on the site earlier so I'm assuming the author received some additional information.  It will be interesting to see what the official announcement is.

well the timing of the post on John's site coincides with the one person spreading the rumor all over the internet...

and no you cannot back contract things.  the Squads were a seperate contract.  Seagrave won it.  that is done.

From another board:

"In a bold move today, Administrative Officers of the FDNY signed an 11 year contract with "Toto" (knock-off plastic bowl) Toilet bowl Co. to replace any and all of the existing "Kohler" toilet bowl's (severe service Bowls) in an effort to save money and water. Apparently the "Toto" bowls have a much bigger throat which will eliminate plugging and use half the amount of water. Its a shame to see the "Old Kohler grunts" getting kicked to the curb, its a sad day indeed. Can anyone confirm or deny these actions, and has anyone heard anything about an auction for the "Old crappers"?"

Rumor has it that the first units to get replacements will be all houses in Flushing. ::) 8) ::)