Busy engines

I have not been able to monitor too much off late, but enough to come up with the best best top three engines for seeing fire, either that be by first  secomd or third due response.. But here tney are for march:

E332
E42
E45

All busy engines to see the red devil. Maybe not the busiest for runs, but these guys have seen the fire.

JT

tem217 said:
and they will also attract the most buffs.

You are right friend. And just to add, these companies have been attracting buffs for generations. They've (E 42, E 45, E 332) been impressive companies for a very long time. And I could easily add another 50 or more to it.

With the few months of info i have collated, and hopefully I can get back on it properly this month, Engine companies come and go as far as seeing fire goes, but a couple are uniformly always up,there and feature, E42, 332, 290, 45. I am not saying these companies get fires in thier first due areas as explained before, but they are located in such an area whereby they pick up fires in areas around them, ie: good as a proby engine or a buff engine...

I only have a little on trucks, so have not really put anything up on the forum as regards trucks, as i have not done enough work on that front, but the work i have done suggests the top five  trucks purely for fire, 1st 2nd 3rd since december last year is

H an L 175
TL 120
TL 58
H an L 147
L103

JT

Gentlemen and ladies, may i first please offer my apologies for not being active messages wise in recent times.

Many topics have been covered, the KME engines are proving thier worth, and why wouldnt they? The LAcoFD  has used the. At firehouses in south central LA for years, theses guys and gals see in excess of 5,000 a year!!

I have however, been following fire activity in my absence, and the trend continues.

My research is an 'in your face' reality collation of engines, primarily, and trucks that still see fire.

This may not be in thier own first due district, as i think it is niaive of us to think such companies and firehouses exist, in truth, they do not.

But conversely, the fdny has a small handfull of engines and trucks that still see the red devil regularly, not because of thier first sue district, but more so by the area they are in. So.. Here is the top four engines for fire, whether first second or third, and trucks, since April. This does not include queens.

Busiest engines for fire;
E332(by a long way)
E42
E236
E290

If your in the job and want to see fire as a truckie. The. Here are the trucks that see fire a lot..

L175 (by a long way)
TL58
L103
TL157

If you want a firehouse that has a high fire/to call ratio for fires, then E332/L175 is the house to be at, these guys are not busy for runs, but they do indeed hold thier own on that front, but this firehouse is the one to be at for working fires and to see the red devil, and it is not marginally, it is by a long way.

Respect to,all as always

JT

If you want a single engine, then its  E42, an amazingly busy single engine for fire in these modern times, then E236 on the Brooklyn Queens border. ThenE332, which is the busiest engine for actual fire in the whole of the fdny, as reiterated, not just first due etc, this fine engine company is the busiest engine to see fire in the whole fdny, whether first second or third, these guys see it...

Bradford St... a great place to work..... i had the pleasure of being a LT in 332 in '89 & '90 ..........Rodent Thanks for your info..... i dont know how you do your workup but i would be interested seeing QNS in the mix & how their numbers stacked up.

So here's the bigger question, and I know one of you guys can answer this...  Let's see whose catching the first due work and whose transmitting the most 10-75's in the city.  Those are the real numbers  ;)

DMA, i think, and i hope people will back me up,here, the days of any. Single engine or truck banging in 10-75s in their first due district are, sadly, a thing of the past. Will they come back? Who knows, everything in life does a full circle. I speak from experience lol!!

Thats why I have broadened my stats gathering, it is pretty much  the only way to do it now. Yes there are companies thst see fire a lot, but not in their first due response area, it is far more accurate to view and record by a wider area, statistically and realistically, and to give the fdny and the companies their true regard they deserve by doing it this way.

I do not think there is any company that bangs in 10-75s any more than anyone else, its all about the areas, and battalions.

If i were a proby, just about to open my enevelope for my first assignment... This is where i would want to be posted....

E332, E42,E290, E236, E255.

L175 L103 TL58.

I have not collated data for queens as of yet.

JT

mack

Administrator
JT - I think Dave is asking for some simple numbers which would be quite significant.  Who arrives 1st due and transmits the 10-75 - would seem to be a good indicator of who is doing a lot of fire duty, don't you think? 

mack said:
JT - I think Dave is asking for some simple numbers which would be quite significant.  Who arrives 1st due and transmits the 10-75 - would seem to be a good indicator of who is doing a lot of fire duty, don't you think?
It would be a good indicator since most times the Unit that gives the 10-75 is the 1st Due Unit so regardless of how few there are today compared to earlier times it would still be a good indicator since 1st Due is getting the meat of the job most times.

L-103(ret) said:
Careful what ya wish for

I hear you, and have personal experience of how fatal our profession can be, in our case, we were only moaning and bitching around the mess table (kitchen table) on a day shift on just how quiet the job was and how long it was since we had had a fire...

The following night, we lost two of our brothers in a highrise fire.

RIP FF Alan Bannon (AL, or Swerve due to his methid of driving!) and FF James Shears (Britney)

HFRS LODD, Shirley Towers, Southampton, Tuesday, 6th April, 2010.

AL, mate, thanks for doing my skirting board, and Britney, I miss watching you getting changed before start of shift!!!

God Bless our Profession.

DMA341 said:
So here's the bigger question, and I know one of you guys can answer this...  Let's see whose catching the first due work and whose transmitting the most 10-75's in the city.  Those are the real numbers  ;)

I would say, the companies that bang in a 10-75 more often than other companies would be E290, E63, E45, E255,E332,E234, E42. This does not include Queens companies as explained earlier.

The info I have collated is for companies who operated at a working fire from the 10-75 up to 2nd alarm on the most occasions, so many of the fires they saw would not have been in their first second third due districts, but they operated at the fire, they were called on as the fire escelated, on top of the workers in thier own districts.

JT

Hi all

Not been on this for some time, but away from this can i please encourage us all to spare a thought for the Paris Police Officers that Died In The Line Of Duty in the name of preserving freedom of speech and democracy and the values we fought so hard for over many years, and please have those murdered by the terrorists, their friends and families in our prayers. Let  us all, regardless of language, home address or religion, come together as one to ward of this disgusting attack on our values and way of life. God bless.

As for engines, no change really, howveer not been able to commit as much time to,the project as I would like as studying for my paramedics ticket.

But E42, 255 and for the first time in a while a Man engine features!! E14!!! Had a busy spell!!

Yes E290 is busy, but they repsond to around 2,500 ems runs a year, this is purely fires.

JT

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B55fvK6ruhSlWFhVeGJIUnVFbjA/preview?pli=1
Break down of all the engines and their responses