Dec 2019. Opened by end of Jan 2020.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Maxima2012 said:
Its very sad that it's been 3yrs + since they broke ground for the
new Rescue 2 quarters.  My town broke ground for a new 3 bay two
story fire station #9  in early November 2018. On target to be completed
If you have ever lived in New York City or any other major city like it you would understand the reason things take so long. There's not any one item you can point your finger at but there are many contribute factors. These factors range from political climate, unions, traffic, etc. Each 1 adds its own set of problems to the equation.

Bulldog said:
Maxima2012 said:
If you have ever lived in New York City or any other major city like it you would understand the reason things take so long. There's not any one item you can point your finger at but there are many contribute factors. These factors range from political climate, unions, traffic, etc. Each 1 adds its own set of problems to the equation.

Whereabouts might that town be?  Most unlikely to be in the NorthEast US.

Bulldog

Bulldog
fdhistorian said:
Obviously it's prevalent in the Northeast but it's certainly not restricted to that area. It extends down the entire East Coast and thru the Midwest and of course the Pacific Coast have their own problems getting things done quickly because of all the environmental regulations projects have to jump thru!

fdhistorian said:
Bulldog said:
Maxima2012 said:

Cary, North Carolina- I understand there are many possible delays. I also lived in New York(Bronx and Long Island for 44+ yrs). But I would think once they break ground
they should have all enviromental and any other approvals in place etc. Yes it New York so I guess I shouldn't expect much better.

Maxima2012 said:
fdhistorian said:
Bulldog said:
Maxima2012 said:

Cary, North Carolina- I understand there are many possible delays. I also lived in New York(Bronx and Long Island for 44+ yrs). But I would think once they break ground
they should have all enviromental and any other approvals in place etc. Yes it New York so I guess I shouldn't expect much better.

It is interesting to compare.  There are many factors which can complicate a construction project, beyond political, labor and regulatory issues.

The site:

Is it large compared to the building or tight ? that will affect the ability to place equipment and materials.
Did the site need clearing or did a previous building need to be demolished?
Did utilities have to be brought in?
Is the site on a corner of wide streets or mid-block on a narrow one-way street?

The building:

Is the building on a slab, or pilings, or does it have a basement?  Pitched roof or flat roof?
Is it a simple use ? storage? or multi-use ? storage and dormitory?  or complex use ? storage, dormitory, assembly, office, and training facilities?
Is the architecture simple, straight lines and rectangles, or complex with oblique angles, terraces, setbacks, and atria?
Is it sprinklered?

Structural:

Snow loads, wind loads, cold winters, hot summers, frost line, solar panels, antenna towers?
Is it a fueling station?
Code and zoning requirements and restrictions?
Energy conservation rules?
Does construction get halted by cold weather?

Two buildings could start out as similar and then turn out to be very different when the many variables are considered.