FIRE and EMS SUV's out to bid

EC="Emergency Crew." These are the roadside mechanics who handle breakdowns on the road of all FDNY apparatus on the road or come to the firehouse/EMS station and repair minor problems. The "419" is the vehicle number although not the Dept. vehicle registration number.

Bulldog

Bulldog
memory master said:
EC="Emergency Crew." These are the roadside mechanics who handle breakdowns on the road of all FDNY apparatus on the road or come to the firehouse/EMS station and repair minor problems. The "419" is the vehicle number although not the Dept. vehicle registration number.
I thought that was just called the Shop's Emergency Response Unit, I didn't realize it actually had a formal name.

As far as the Shop Mechanics Emergency Crew Rigs...These are individual Rig's driven almost all the time by the same Dept Mechanic & stored in or at FHs between their tours....depending how into the Job they are some are really distinctive w/add ons....some great Guys & Friends of the Units.

Has anybody heard any updates on this topic? Has anything been done since the bid went out?

i just saw a liquidation auction of odyssey specialty vehicles listed on A.J. Willner auction site.  This might explain why their hasn't been any movement on the new battalion chiefs vehicles.  I wonder if they'll do a rebid.

Just saw they awarded the contract to berg family enterprises LLC for $14,440,790.  It also said berg family enterprises was doing business as Sunrise Chevrolet.  So apparently these trucks will carry the chevy badge.

Thanks Captain Obvious. I think I am done commenting on this site because of smart--- comments by some. All I ask was if anybody had any news and you have commented twice now in a sarcastic manner. The question wasn't directed to you....

Judd,

He has point, when get information we share it. Sometimes the information does not come or  takes awhile. We try our hardest to keep everyone informed. Just relax, when the information comes it will be posted.

As of yet no news that I know of.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Judd92 said:
Thanks Captain Obvious. I think I am done commenting on this site because of smart--- comments by some. All I ask was if anybody had any news and you have commented twice now in a sarcastic manner. The question wasn't directed to you....
The members who have access to information about new equipment, techniques, etc. are very good about posting it when they get the information.  You don't need to be bugged about providing the information.  Questions about other issues are fine but redundant questions requesting information like this will get nowhere and accomplish nothing except upsetting members.

Funny that these trucks are being replaced after 6 years when there are still 10 year old+ excursions running around. Guess you really can't beat a ford truck.

Bulldog

Bulldog
mercurygrandmarquis1 said:
Funny that these trucks are being replaced after 6 years when there are still 10 year old+ excursions running around. Guess you really can't beat a ford truck.
Actually, it was stated earlier in the thread that these are going to be replacing the older Excursions.  Maybe some of the more beat up GMC's will be replaced but they are definitely going to replace the Excursions 1st.

I am surprised that there are still 10 year excursions on the road .....the one i had in my BN was like a clunker after only about 3 years i can't imagine one after 10 years.