FIRE and EMS SUV's out to bid

Judd92 said:
Thanks Captain Obvious. I think I am done commenting on this site because of smart--- comments by some. All I ask was if anybody had any news and you have commented twice now in a sarcastic manner. The question wasn't directed to you....
And then you repost the same question. You obviously think this is funny. Young man, there is an enormous amount of knowledge and wisdom garnered from members of this site in all aspects of the fire and ems services. You are "speaking" to mature, experienced, reliable and damn good people here. Sit back and learn and as previously posted, when significant information is available it will be posted here.

Bulldog

Bulldog
memory master said:
Judd92 said:
Thanks Captain Obvious. I think I am done commenting on this site because of smart--- comments by some. All I ask was if anybody had any news and you have commented twice now in a sarcastic manner. The question wasn't directed to you....
And then you repost the same question. You obviously think this is funny. Young man, there is an enormous amount of knowledge and wisdom garnered from members of this site in all aspects of the fire and ems services. You are "speaking" to mature, experienced, reliable and damn good people here. Sit back and learn and as previously posted, when significant information is available it will be posted here.
It Looks like He Got Thrown off forms one time and came back with a new name (although very similar). He had a massive 15 posts under the old name and all the way up to 4 under this one!

Bulldog

Bulldog
Agreeing with the previous post that looks like a strange bumper for them to have on the rear. They don't tow any trailers do they? They are overall a very rugged bumper but get one just as rugged without the trailer hitch as part of it.

Previous Suburbans & Excursions from the late '90s up had a tow hitch W/a removable ball hitch.....they were used to tow the backup generators for use at a FH during a blackout but most of these are now installed stationary at BN & DV FH's but w/all the new equipment showing up who knows what might be towed in the future.

BCR

The hitch Comes stock from the factory and is seperate from the bumper

Actually since the "really cool bumper" has been brought up on this site it has been a standard bumper on recent Chevy/GMC Heavy Duty Vehicles that the FDNY is now purchasing .....PS i think it really looks great !  but aside from looks it could be fully functional both in the side steps but more importantly in the frame hitch receptacle.

BCR said:
Interesting Bumper they put on the back of that

They started using the beefed up bumper on the current GMC Battalion/EMS Condition units a few years back.  The factory bumpers were too easily dented/ruined.

BCR

Makes sense, those bumpers with the parking sensors are about 2 grand

I needed one of those bumpers a few weeks ago when I backed into a tree at a brush fire with the Ford F350 we drive.  Tree did not move... :eek:

Maybe these will be next ?. 2018 FORD F 150 POLICE INTERCEPTOR PICKUP...  https://www.ford.com/f150policeresponder/