GLORY DAYS

NO FRILLS; P 8
?PROTEST AND PROPOSAL?

Today a bunch of us from L 112 and E 277 took the subway to FDNY Headquarters on Livingston Street in downtown Brooklyn to protest the planned and deceitful closing of Brooklyn?s ?Tin House? E 232. There are over six thousand off duty firefighters assembling in front of Headquarters, we are wearing our turnout coats and helmets, some members have a red arm band with white 232 numerals worn on their left arm and some with pithy signs.

The firehouse was abruptly closed by Mayor Ed Koch and Fire Commissioner Joe Bruno during the 1988 Superbowl Game by a cleverly thought out scheme by sending a company relocation response message via teleprinter in the middle of the game.

When E 232 arrived at the re-location, their fire apparatus was taken away from them on the spot. Meanwhile back at their quarters as soon as the fire apparatus was out of sight, Fire Marshals descended and padlocked the firehouse doors and stood guard forbidding anyone to enter.

Today the outraged members are upset with the dishonest tactics pulled by Mayor Koch and Fire Commissioner Bruno, there are uproarious rants and sarcastic harangues coming from the crowd attacking them both. ?PULL THE RUG ON BRUNO? is popular and heard over and over taunting the meek Commissioner Bruno who wears a hideous hair piece.

Culprit with bad hair

The large group gets larger by the moment, Union leaders decide to march over the Brooklyn Bridge to City Hall and pay homage to Mayor Koch giving him a piece of our minds, especially with the crooked manner in which the disbandment was done. I?m toward the front of the assembled troops with my Brothers of L 112, when I reached the bridge midspan I took a glance backwards and saw thousands of firefighters behind, an amazing sight of solidarity in black and yellow. This was the very first time the Brooklyn Bridge was used for a protest march by any organization.

We protested en masse for several hours venting our displeasure while working up an appetite and thirst. With no particular place in mind we came upon an Irish Joint opened for business not far from City Hall where we were able to put some tables together and plop down exhausted.

A quick round of cold beer was requested and forthcoming. ECC Mike Schuman was the first to order while others reviewed the menu, Mike ordered a liverwurst on rye with mustard, crispy bacon and slice of raw onion. All hands looked up from their menu and followed suit with the same order. The cold beer and exceptional sandwich was a delicious finish to a memorable day. However; E 232 never re-opened.

News clipping of protest, JK in forefront. I did not meet JK until recently, but we must have passed each other on numerous occasions, "six degrees of separation"? (Proof positive, JohnnyGage four heads away under pink arrow with other L 112 members).

************

The rig has just backed into quarters, today we have the meal, easy peasy cheese burgers and fries for lunch. LCC Jimmy ?Pop? Thornton cooks them on the stove top griddle like he does back in the deli where he works part time on his days off.  His secret is salting the top of the griddle, this way the burger patty sears and does not stick to the hot griddle pulling the meat apart, when it is time to flip a nice char envelopes the patty keeping it moist inside. His burgers are the best.

Today the Boss is Captain Ray Downey from R 2 who is working overtime on this day tour with us. He catches me by the housewatch as I prepare my gear by the rig and asks if ?I got a sec?.

I last saw the Captain a few years ago operating at the Bushwick Avenue building collapse while cutting the roof, we only had time to exchange simple pleasantries. But, the last time I spoke with him directly was when I was with L 38 and I called him to say that I successfully completed a ?Open Water Diver? course as he suggested. The dive program for the FDNY and Rescue Companies was rapidly expanding and the ?hot? aspect at the time. By completing the course and Open Water Dive my position on the Captains list for obtaining a spot in R 2 would be upgraded, I remember him saying.

I registered and took a night NAUI ?Open Water Dive? class at Farmingdale. There was a series of classroom and pool diving activities, learning about dive equipment and diving practices. To complete the course you had to perform three open water dives with the instructor.

After completing the course, I decided that I could do without diving, I did not care for it. But I advised the Captain anyway. However a lot has happened since my telephone call to him.

?Sure, Cap, what can I do for you?? I reply. He then proceeds to tell me that a few of ?his guys? will be promoted soon and would like to know if ?I?m ready? to come over to R 2.

Although It has been over four years since I spoke to the Captain updating him with my dive class, I was surprised he remembered me, especially with so many other guys he must have interviewed during that time. But, once I got to L 112, my desire for R 2 waned and I did not ?keep in touch? with him.

I?m flabbergasted by the request. ?Thanks Cap, I?m honored for the invite, but I think I?ve found a home here and will have to pass?. The Captain understands and nods his head ?ok?.

I had simple reasons; first and foremost I did not want any part of diving, I just preferred going to fires, and that's exactly what I was doing. I enjoyed the first due truck work that I longed for and L 112 was doing an extraordinary amount of first due truck work, my desire fulfilled. Secondly, I loved the makeup of the guys and officers and finally, I loved the vitality of the unique gritty firehouse and surrounding neighborhood.

I offer to the Boss; ?But Georgie Kowlsch, who you interviewed a few years ago is a big dive fanatic, especially ice diving. He is sitting in the back kitchen mapping out ice dives right now?. The Captain looked interested so I continued, ?George is a heads-up guy, you may want to check with him?. Georgie was transferred to R 2 a few months later.

Ironically, at a job about a year later, R 2 and L 112 were operating together removing a young male who had his knee impaled onto a spiked fence from jumping off a porch.  George was passing to me the oxy-acetylene torch assembly over a high fence for one of the R 2 members to use, in doing so he blew out his shoulder and ultimately required surgery. He never returned to full duty.

Pulling 'TIN' ceilings stink.

Getting a face full of sloppy mush really stinks.

Thanks for reading, stay safe, be well. Hope you enjoyed!      KMG-365

In regard to reply # 365 above showing the newspaper clipping  ...The protest march was for the closing of 232 & also to protest the possible planned closing of ENG*41 (which did happen afterward) in the news clipping to my right is Terry Hatton with the R*2 Helmet RIP 9-11...& in front of me is Eric Weiner 111 & to my left without a Helmet is Gary Howard R*2......    we were near the front of the march but the direct front led by a large American Flag was the entire ENG*232 Officers & FFs followed by ENG*41 .....the real mastermind of the nefarious Super Bowl Sunday closing of 232 was homer bishop then Chief Of Operations BMA......after the march into Manhattan the Subway's were packed with FD Members in Helmets & Coats the tail end of the evening homebound nine to fivers did not know what to make of the sea of FD on the platforms & on the trains........ 232 originally was formed on Watkins St w/231 & 120 to add Unit availability to the busy Brownsville area......when the Bklyn Tin House was built at Rockaway Ave & Bergen St  (Tin House Plaza) 232 moved there along with the newly formed LAD*176 .....R*2 was a short distance away on Bergen St & we ran in often with 232....when i first made LT i was covering in DV*15 & spent some nice tours covering in 232 it was a great FF Unit who in their short lifespan certainly made their mark in FDNY History sadly at that time the rumors of an impending closing hung in the air .......the way it was done was despicable & a slap in the face to every hard working FDNY Member ....... 232 NEVER FORGET .

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/nyc-fdny-engine-232-ladder-176-bronx-522438814

https://www.google.com/search?channel=mac_bm&q=FDNY+ENGINE+232&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=safari&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjqxaS16_XoAhVslHIEHVCMAOwQsAR6BAgKEAE&biw=1152&bih=592#imgrc=looE7AeCHQGJ5M

^^^^^^^Thanks JK, your reply above reminded me that Chief Homer Bishop played a large part closing E 232. I remember large placards some of the guys were carrying to drive a point that said; "PRACTICE SAFE SEX, WEAR A HOMER"...classic.

JohnnyGage said:
^^^^^^^Thanks JK, your reply above reminded me that Chief Homer Bishop played a large part closing E 232. I remember large placards some of the guys were carrying to drive a point that said; "PRACTICE SAFE SEX, WEAR A HOMER"...classic.

I think there was one similar which added "Wear a Homer on your Bruno"

?NO FRILLS? P 9
?JUST KEEP UP WITH THE ENGINE?

?Just keep up with the Engine? says this boyish faced lieutenant Mark Ferman sitting alongside me. I am the detailed LCC of L 103 today and responding to Canarsie as the second due truck. Driving to ?first due? alarms here in East New York is no problem, as I recall the streets from my EMS ?Gory Days?, but I?m not familiar with the second due area toward Canarsie, and that is exactly where we are responding. E 290 and L 103 have a whopping response area thus contributing to the large number of runs and workers making this firehouse consistently busy.

I was looking forward to my detail at ?POSA?,  ?Pride of Sheffield Avenue? E 290 & L 103.  L 103 was the first company I selected when I submitted my transfer application from L 38 to Brooklyn some years ago and ultimately assigned to L 112 instead. It will be interesting to experience the firehouse and imagine what might have been. The joint is huge with lots of room, a big difference from the confines of the ?Ant Farm?, there?s also a reserved rearmount parked behind the engine. The kitchen has been painted in a camouflage scheme, the members working today are proud, energetic and spirited. I like the place.

Since graduating from ?Ladder Chauffeur Training School? I have been filling in behind the wheel of L 112 often. And sometimes I am detailed to other ladder companies to drive for the tour. Unlike here at Sheffield Avenue where I am familiar with the grid like streets, it is stressful responding in areas that you are completely unfamiliar with. Detailed to drive L 174 one day tour I didn?t know whether to make a left or right out of quarters.

Besides the uncertainty how the rig will handle, on responses when you don?t have the luxury of following the engine you have to rely on the company officer giving you left and right turn directions over a cacophony of noise. It?s a nightmare when the officer is covering. Although every housewatch has a small index file with the directions to the reported box location, the problem arises when you get another run from the first original box then the route cards become useless in that situation, you can throw them out the window.

"Everybody goes", E 290?s Mack pumper whips out of quarters, we are headed towards the eastern part of Canarsie. Today I am driving a spare rig, the numeral 103 on the side is coarsely lettered using silver duct tape. Turning out of quarters the rearmount  is ungainly and sluggish, the brakes spongy, clearly the ?old gal? has seen better days.

Meantime, the engine makes the left under the Livonia Avenue ?El? from Sheffield Avenue and a quick right next block over onto the main drag Pennsylvania Avenue as I attempt to keep up. Making the right turn onto Pennsylvania Avenue I take a quick glance at the southwest corner sidewalk of Livonia and Pennsylvania Avenue remembering one of my EMS Gory Days experience when three young men stabbed each other on the corner fighting over a stolen cigarette lighter (reply #225). The memory is lasting.

The Engine is cruising down Pennsylvania Avenue at a good clip, the Sheffield firehouse takes pride in a swift turnout and aggressive response. The spare is pokey but starting to build momentum as I?m closing in on 290. At Linden Boulevard the Engine has to slow down and almost completely stop crossing the dangerous highway while I am able to make up ground following the rig through the intersection. Again with quick acceleration the Engine speeds away from me and I?m playing ?catch-up? again.

At Stanley Avenue the engine hangs a right turn spilling water out of the top of the booster tank, I hardly touch the brakes and cut the corner onto Stanley, the sight of the Engine continues to diminish on this straight wide open road with at least five blocks ahead of us. With pedal to the metal the rig is churning and building up a head of steam.

Unbeknownst to me, at the intersection where Louisiana Avenue crosses Stanley Avenue there is a deceptive crown in the road crossing, but I am laser focused on the Engine that has just made a left turn onto 108 Street. We hit the crown with fury and launch upward. I think the rig may have been airborne for a brief second before banging down with a crash. The young lieutenant is thrown upward and out of his seat as the guys in the back let out ?hoots and howls?. Now crumpled, the Boss is staring at me stunned, his helmet on his head askew. I can hear the guys in the back whooping it up as if they just finished riding one of those mechanical bulls in those cowboy saloons. Anyway, we made it to the Box in one piece.

OLD WAR HORSES THAT HAVE SEEN BETTER DAYS.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed.            KMG-365

I had posted the "Monte Christo" multiple sandwich story back in Reply # 209   
http://nycfire.net/forums/index.php/topic,56659.msg183948.html#msg183948    .......thinking about FH meal time brought back two stories .....Both were from the famous Siegel St (bet Humboldt St & Graham Ave) FH in the old 108/35*BN Qtrs...old photo around '68 https://get.google.com/albumarchive/106932337934408083207/album/AF1QipPLjjnR5KcsrIxf5PXihKALcNbJ9AtEgMGRXQUG/AF1QipOP_BQTIUCWKqDg_x1UayupVZlC88LpHsbEe5yh?authKey=CNGm1IGbsMeV2AE .....  after we vacated the old FH in Aug 1971 & it was burned out completely after several Fires starting the night we left & culminating 2 weeks later with a big one the bldg was torn down now 49 yrs later even though exp 2 the old rag factory has been torn down & replaced with a  newer OMD & the frame exp 4 which originally had Javier Andino's  (or "my friend" )as he labeled himself & was )Bodega on the first fl has been been refaced & is totally residences  the original 112 Seigel St small footprint lot remains vacant for all this time ? (probably one of the few parcels left vacant for so many years where every inch of every plot in Bklyn & NYC have been  built on ?  Seigel St lot today in 2020 ?  https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=mac_bm&source=hp&ei=4aCmXpGQBqCGytMPq7ex0AE&q=112+Seigel+Street%2C+Brooklyn%2C+NY&oq=112+seigel+&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgAMgIIJjIICAAQCBANEB46AggAOgUIABCDAToGCAAQFhAeOggIABAWEAoQHjoGCAAQDRAeOggIABANEAUQHjoKCAAQDRAFEAoQHlClEFibRGDAYWgAcAB4AIABPIgBiQSSAQIxMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab    first story was.... there were a few Johnny's (aside from us in the Company) who lived around the area & were quite often around outside hanging on the FH block was always crowded almost day & night ....one was "Johnny The Buff" not really a true Fire Buff as far as FDNY but the most normal out of the Johhny's....another was "Johnny The Glom" (a term myself & several others did not like to use as it was not his fault he was "slow" ) .....& then there was "Johnny The Hop" a friendly guy but not to be trusted as he was always dabbling in & copping whatever ?.... one day tour we were heavily involved doing committee work cleaning the FH for Annual Inspection well past the normal lunch time & we were hungry ....Big Dick B. the Senior Man gave the proby some money & told him go outside & find Johnny & send him for some sandwiches & 2 six packs....the proby being new did not really know there was more than one Johnny or  if he did which Johnny was who & went outside & first saw "Johnny The Glom" & asked him to go shopping ....Johnny asked the proby several times "what kind of sandwiches ? what kind of six packs ?" over &  over the proby not realizing which Johnny he was talking to & tired of repeatedly  being questioned said "get what you think is good" .....end result the proby walks into the kitchen with the bags & all us hungry FFs sit down & he opens the bags of 12 Ice Cream sandwiches  & two six packs of orange soda ! .....(& it was not me.).....my lunch screw up story was awhile later... one day we were running around & we decided to again order out for lunch....i was making the list ...i started by asking "who wants what?" a guy said i'll have an xxxxxx parm hero so i wrote xxxxx parm & an upright slash...next guy says "me too" so i add another upright slash....then the next guy asks for a different xxxxxx parm hero & down the line ...the way i was marking the list as i was making it was like four upright slashes then the next slash cutting diagonally across the four slashes making the count a five.....not realizing what my list looked like we dropped it off at the sandwich shop & picked it up a Run or two later ....when i went inside & picked them up i paid the bill out of my pocket ...at the time i thought the bill was high but i paid it & put the boxes of Hero's on the Rig....back in Qtrs starving guys grabbed their Hero's & sat down & ate them ....since i had laid out the $ i looked at the total bill &  after dividing by the number of guys I announced how much a man the price was ....everybody gave a responding "WHAT ?" for one Hero"  just then one of the guys looked in the remaining box & said "WTF are all these Heros for"... i now realized that when i gave the sandwich shop the list the first two upright slashes meaning 2 sandwiches were interrupted by them as 11 so we had nine extra Heros....of course not only being the FDNY where nothing is sacred but also because our 108 FH was old & due to be replaced by a new FH on Union Ave soon  anything went in the FH .....so i was immortalized by a statement painted  on the wall over the kitchen sink detailing my expensive lunch purchase.....many years later at my RET party at the QNS Elks on 4-1-10 among others Jim McEnaney a good friend & longtime Emerald Society Bagpiper (REST IN PEACE) took the mic to speak about me & one of the stories was about the extra sandwiches i ordered back when https://www.firstonscenephotos.com/FDNY/FDNY-2/FDNY-Jack-Kleehaus-Testimonial/i-BsXzxJ6/A 

FOR JOHNNY G.  .....  https://www.ebay.com/itm/OLD-NEW-YORK-FIRE-LADDER-38-THE-BRONX-PATCH-UNUSED/333585623847?hash=item4dab40ab27:g:-iwAAOSwrk5epxE1

68jk09 said:
FOR JOHNNY G.  .....  https://www.ebay.com/itm/OLD-NEW-YORK-FIRE-LADDER-38-THE-BRONX-PATCH-UNUSED/333585623847?hash=item4dab40ab27:g:-iwAAOSwrk5epxE1

Thanks JK, yes the ol' L 38 patch. I was sitting at the L 38 kitchen table with Senior man Al M. He took a coffee can and outlined a circle. Then designed the rest, only took a few minutes, but a classic was born.

Willy did you pose for this ?........  https://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRE-DEPARTMENT-2000-norwich-ct-calender-union-local-892/264711829708?_trkparms=aid%3D1110002%26algo%3DSPLICE.SOI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20190711095549%26meid%3D7aa95b1209214c9d84b5815cf7e71f4c%26pid%3D100047%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D264711829828%26itm%3D264711829708%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSellersOtherItemsV2&_trksid=p2047675.c100047.m2108

68jk09 said:
Willy did you pose for this ?........  https://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRE-DEPARTMENT-2000-norwich-ct-calender-union-local-892/264711829708?_trkparms=aid%3D1110002%26algo%3DSPLICE.SOI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20190711095549%26meid%3D7aa95b1209214c9d84b5815cf7e71f4c%26pid%3D100047%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D264711829828%26itm%3D264711829708%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSellersOtherItemsV2&_trksid=p2047675.c100047.m2108

Thanks Chief. WOW - I sure was a "handsome guy" back then.

Members of this site - just look for the best looking guy there, and when you find him, "that's a young Willy D in his early proby days".

nfd2004 said:
68jk09 said:
Thanks Chief. WOW - I sure was a "handsome guy" back then.

Members of this site - just look for the best looking guy there, and when you find him, "that's a young Willy D in his early proby days".
Willy D is NOT in this photo. He's back in the barn in his stall.

?NO FRILLS?; P 10
STANHOPE STREET

October 26, 1991. I?m sitting in the kitchen awaiting roll call for this beautiful autumn Saturday night tour to begin. The boss tonight is a covering lieutenant; Lt. Gene Gowan, he was recently promoted to lieutenant from L 32. At roll call he introduces himself and assigns us our positions. I have the ?irons? and my partner Gene Higby carries the ?can?.

After roll call, since the ?truck? has the house watch for the month the engine will head out to procure the meal. After the boss finished writing his roll call in the journal he joined me for a few minutes in the kitchen chatting over a cup of coffee. He was a fireman in L 32 and that was where Jack Mayne retired as Captain not too long ago and it will be fun to hear some Jack stories. Lt. Gowan wears yellow tinted aviator eyeglasses, he is congenial and happy to relate some stories about Jack and other guys we both knew from my L 38 days.

The night tour was unremarkable with the usual runs and emergencies for a typical dry Saturday night. The next morning I?m up by seven, I don?t like being in the rack after seven and getting the day started. I?m working the day tour today, the second part of my twenty-four and start it off by making an early fresh pot of Joe as some of the troops slip into the kitchen and sitting room awaiting relief.

Meanwhile, a few blocks north horror is unfolding at this very minute. The two tones sound off as the teleprinter starts to print out an alarm, the housewatchman yells out: ?EVERYONE GOES, STANHOPE STREET, TOP FLOOR!?. Over the noise of guys bustling into their gear the Brooklyn CO dispatcher advises from the in-house PA system ?ALL UNITS RESPONDING TO STANHOPE STREET, PEOPLE TRAPPED ON TOP FLOOR?. The CO repeats the message.

There is an excited urgency to get out, guys scramble to their position as the rigs fire up and come alive. L 112 is parked in the front and we?re all aboard, ?Go, Stevie go!?, LCC Stevie Brock whips the rig onto Knickerbocker Avenue with the engine close behind, they are third due and so the truck leads the response.

Stevie is hauling up Knickerbocker Avenue as we pull up and cinch our collars tight. The four of us riding in the back reached over the engine cover compartment and put one hand on top of another in unity, a tradition our groups composed when we knew we were going to work.

Stanhope Street is nine blocks away from the firehouse, ?Tonka Truck? L 124 is first due and they cross Knickerbocker Avenue ahead of us. Stevie is right behind, crossing under Myrtle Avenue ?El?, another two blocks he makes the left onto Stanhope and shouts ?JESUS CHRIST, A JUMPER!?

Stevie brings the rig to a screeching halt a short distance behind L 124, the scene is unfolding, harrowing and dreadful, the jumper is a young boy who has been impaled through his thigh on a spiked fence, the boy's father is frantically pacing and shrieks in anguish. The BC sees our ?inside team? charging toward the front door bypassing the unconscious boy, he is speaking intensely into his handie-talkie and points in a jabbing motion towards the top floor.

Gene and I race to the top floor, Lieutenant Gowan close behind. L 124 members are attempting to force the front bedroom door of the railroad flat which is usually heavily fortified and locked, their only choice since fire is lashing out of the preferred entranceway, the kitchen door. E 218 has a line stretched to the kitchen door and awaiting water, the door is open only about a foot and heavy fire is blowing out from floor to ceiling. Gene and I donned our SCBA facepiece as E 218 gets water and cracks the nozzle discharging the trapped air with a loud hiss. Gene tells the nozzleman to ?JUST GIVE IT A SHOT AND LET US PASS?. E 218 opens the line just enough to drive the fire back into the apartment, Gene yells through his facepiece that he is going to ?THE RIGHT?, I will go to the left to search for the missing occupants.

I squeeze through the door and immediately trip, dropping to a knee on glowing red hot coil springs of a mattress that is wedged between the door and sink, Gene follows and he too trips onto the mattress.

Meanwhile Battalion Aide Mike Killarney, normally assigned to L 124 and detailed to B 28 grabs the forcible entry saw from L 124. With the help of others who support the young boy Mike proceeds to cut the wrought-iron fence around the impaled youngster as police officers restrain the overwhelmed father. In a short time the boy is transported to the hospital with a small section of fence still impaled but immobilized.

clippingmain.jpg

After untangling myself from the hot coil springs of the mattress I dart to the left searching quickly for other occupants, the apartment is charged with hot dark black smoke. In front of me the other door of the apartment that L 124 was working on burst open, laying in front of the door is the mother. She is a large woman wearing a nightgown laying on her back unconscious. The forcible entry team of L 124 and I attempt to move the mom and it?s a struggle, Gene Higby joins us and we each grab a limb carrying her to the window where the tower ladder bucket is standing by. We ease her into the bucket that is slightly below the window sill. From the window I notice members on the street performing CPR on a young girl laying across the hood of a parked car in front of the building, the situation looks grim.

Lieutenant Gowan, Gene and I head downstairs, more companies have been called in and we are spent. In front of the rig we review the woeful job. The adrenaline now subsided, I felt my knee tightening up, figuring I must have sprained it by tripping on the flaming mattress. I slide my soaking wet jeans to my knees and notice a two inch red circular burn on the inside portion of my left knee, the skin hanging. Gene feels the same discomfort and reveals the same injury on his right knee.

Apparently the fire started in the mattress, the father pulled it into the kitchen attempting to extinguish it with water from the sink but his attempt was unsuccessful and the fire grew. The father was forced to escape leaving the mattress burning at the door, blocking the only exit and leaving behind the mother, two sons and a daughter. The mother and one son were pronounced dead at the scene, the boy that jumped had over seventy percent burns and died a few days later. The young girl remained in critical condition. I don?t know if she ever recovered.

fence-in-frntof-house.jpg
FENCE THAT WAS CUT TO REMOVE IMPALED BOY.

fence-today.png
FENCE REMAINS THE SAME TODAY.

Gene Higby and I were transported by FDNY Ambulance to the Medical Office in Manhattan and treated for second degree burns then placed on medical leave for the next several weeks.

Thanks for reading! KMG-365

Last edited:
SAD THAT THRU THE YEARS SO MANY OF THESE FENCES WITH DECORATIVE SPEAR POINTS REMAINED....NO REASON FOR THE TIPS OR POINTS ...    https://www.facebook.com/gettinsaltyapparel/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARAZJbVG6KUticzwyYZUSeI-DyVbXY7w9qctOXVE9c1qf1Lf8SSKGz4NwnRAvJeoQ6RQyjP-c2xC5EsA&hc_ref=ART70BJIsJA5Kg0HJ83aSDgUo08U2NSb9bBuEHluXIifCXTikm0NhgMlA-3bus_fOkg&fref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARATef8rFksHlQWPl-rJfJLsNLzsF40rLztksiE8gBsepMU25DzgUFEO4LHYB81vsZE8yPq92Be5mXDPHAVSEjREALh8AYAetAAprQCxJiPesaNLgbM9R3gmZJFzaZD-l-mrF3iEy9ALl2yRSTv3lh3XgMaMkRKqB1DA05K_8kc40STmIJhdkruloyr80xRclIv3zh1jyNMnfzZpkAsIsExqNCoNzlk9b4XBDg3WG_mrzBJVr8hbgvJDabTqfNKseDUb9eLWdNAuZ2sWIDmGkv3LSJWUI-bLtVmE-5q-ZaI74rrwfQ2K3L2Pw-1NCjNl5n4kQA5eLijAsuSBKsATj-m9Wbxy

WE KNOW WHO THIS IS FOR..... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Vintage-Cairns-Painted-Aluminum-Elwood-No-1-Fire-Company-Fire-Helmet-NJ/124177255863?hash=item1ce98a8db7:g:GU0AAOSwhkNescvt

68jk09 said:
WE KNOW WHO THIS IS FOR..... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Vintage-Cairns-Painted-Aluminum-Elwood-No-1-Fire-Company-Fire-Helmet-NJ/124177255863?hash=item1ce98a8db7:g:GU0AAOSwhkNescvt

Would that be "The Most Reverend CFDMarshall" from his younger Tennessee Glory Days ?