New Rescues in Production

Current R1 firehouse could become an Eng 2 firehouse for the Hudson Yards and a new R! firehouse built elsewhere along the lines of R2 firehouse.

So the current Rescues are 2011 rigs, what is the lifespan of FDNY Rescues? Is it shorter than normal apparatus? As by my reckoning the current Ferraras would not be due to be replaced until 2022??

Regards

JT

I reckon mile for mile R5 rig must be up there running into its Brooklyn boxes, i reckon followed by R2 then R3.

I do not have enough knowledge of R4 to comment.

JT

Passed R5 rig today, looks like their old Ferrara rig still. The new and current rig look similar to me except for the front of the cab by the headlights so I really couldn?t tell.

I believe I saw the new R4 needing north on the NJ Turnpike, about to cross the GWB this morning.

Bulldog

Bulldog
baileyjeff said:
Sounds like FDNY is having issues with these vehicles..just like they had with 312s new engine
Hopefully they will work out all the problems with the vehicle before they go in service. Having problems after they go in service if even more of a problem for the companies involved.

Rescue 5 crew were transferring equipment to their new rig this past Saturday but I saw their old rig sitting outside of quarters this afternoon. :-\