News of Members

Happy Birthday, Tom.  Best wishes for the year ahead and may it be the greatest that you've ever had.

Happy Birthday, G-Man ! Thanks Tom, for all the great help you provide here.  8)

mack

Administrator
Happy birthday to a very talented and gifted member who contributes significantly for all of us.  Happy birthday, Tom.   

Just for you, Tom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpVlHlsjAtc

or maybe you'd prefer this (guitar guy got the day off):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYi5hJR7O7Y

Happy Birthday G Man.  Thank you for all of the fascinating information and history you bring to the site.  How much space do all of those box cards take up?  Always wondered!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tom, aka "G-man". The ORGINATOR of the original "G-man Theory".

From the archives of this site, we found a few notes written about G-man. Those of us that know him personally know what a great guy he is with a vast amount of knowledge on the FDNY.

We also know that G-man has played with many of the TOP Doo Wop Entertainers over the last several years.

You can read a little more about Tom E., aka G-man, on this thread in the Collectors Section as well (hope it works).

http://nycfire.net/forums/index.php/topic,25738.0.html 

And THANKS Ray, aka raybrag, for those videos.

And below is just a little more from this "News of Members" thread (page 13).

nfd2004 said:
As I understand it, this Sunday N.Y. Times, (January 4th, '15), will start a series of "Human Interest Stories" about the Fire Buffs of the FDNY. I am told the first story in this series will be our very own site member "guitarman314", nicknamed "G-man", Tom E., from Staten Island.

From what I know about Tom is that he grew up in the South Bronx near 60/17. He got a job with the Post Office where he eventually became a supervisor in that neighborhood. He has been a buff of the FDNY for a very long time and those of us who have seen the skill he has in building model fire trucks, is an amazing job to say the least. As I understand it, he is also a member of the Fire Bell Club of New York and well respected by the members of the FDNY.

Today, G-man is retired from the Postal Service. His basement has a display of some of the model fire trucks he has built, with some pieces so small they are hard to see and tweezers are needed to work with them. He also is gifted in that as his screen name says, he plays the guitar for several of the singing groups of the Doo Wop era. Many who still perform today. 

On a side note, those of us who remember the days of the "44 caliber killer", who called himself "The Son of Sam" may remember that he worked as a postal clerk in Yonkers. G-man worked with him at that time. 

Thanks Tom and I think a lot of us will be looking forward to reading your story. I hope for those who won't be able to get that newspaper, a copy of your story will be printed here. How about it guys.

nfd2004 said:
And THANKS Ray, aka raybrag, for those videos.

Tom (and Willy):

Maybe those of us of a certain age might prefer this one, from the Kac-Ties of Brooklyn (am I the only one who remembers them?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuVX2ZSPxtY

nfd2004 said:
One of the main contributors to this site is member "THEMAJESTIRIUM1". He certainly does a GREAT JOB posting many of his videos that he follows involving the FDNY.

The night of March 5, 2017 was probably one of the coldest nights of the entire winter. With strong winds blowing the temperature felt much worse. The FDNY gets a Seven Alarm fire in Queens and "THEMAJESTIRIUM1", is out there around midnight filming it for those of us who can't make it. Posting over a one hour video of this fire.

He doesn't even ask any of us for a thank you. He is just happy to be out there following the GREAT WORK done by the members of the FDNY and then posting it for all of us to see.

I look back on my GREAT DAYS of buffing the FDNY of about 30 plus years, and I can certainly understand what drives you to stand out there in the freezing cold temperatures in the middle of the night.

Well Sir, whoever you are, "THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WHAT YOU DO".

"THEMAJESTIRIUM1", most of us don't even know your name, but we sure appreciate what you do.

Go to YouTube.com and enter themajestirium1 in the "Search" box to see some of this man's work.  Quite impressive.