News of Members

^^^^^Got it Chief....I hear you loud and clear....and yes that was the sign of a good house, when the senior man took care of business....thanks for clarifying that it wasn't you.....though I have the feeling that you might have handled it the same way.

With out further a do (did i type that right?)

I?d like to wish a happiest of happy birthday to a great friend of ours

He turns the big 7-1 (71) today our golden archers hero

Uncle Willyyyyyyy D!!!

I remember when my grandmother turned 55 years old. I thought - "WOW is she OLD".

Now I wish I were that YOUNG.

Happy Birthday Tough Willy! I guess your only option for a birthday meal is to do laps around Mickey D's going through the drive through until you've eaten all the Big Macs.

Happy and healthy Birthday wishes Willy. The secret to vitality and youth, eating Birthday cake! Enjoy your special day.

Willy D: you are far from being senior man, but wow, that is really old.  Happy Birthday, buddy.

Happy Birthday Willie. Thank you for all you do and may God Bless and watch over you! 71 eh, well I have you beat by 3+ months lol

Happy Birthday, Willy!  By the way . . . I'm all in on this social distancing stuff . . . but you shouldn't use it as an excuse not to shave . . . ya think?

And, for everyone who didn't know Uncle Wilhelm in his earlier years, I found a good photo of him when he was 36:

I thank you guys for all the Happy Birthday Wishes. It was a good day with a Big Birthday Cake and a couple of Huge Bowls of Ice Cream. Sorry you guys couldn't join in. There was plenty.

I also got a few phone calls wishing their Uncle Wilfred D a Happy Birthday. One of those Birthday phone calls came from several members of the Bendick Family. Together they sang me "Happy Birthday". They were a little "off-key" when they sang it, but "they tried and it was the thought that counted".

I hope that everybody is following the advice of the experts when it comes to dealing with this coronavirus battle. If you can, please stay home.

Of course those who must be out there doing their necessary jobs - from our life savors to shelf stockers - How can we THANK YOU ALL for the jobs you do.

Hey Willy Frank & Rev

Look at the Facebook memory that popped up

Not a good looking one in the bunch haha

Once this virus goes away we all should do this again maybe add a few more guys

We shall not foresake the gathering ! Once this pandemic passes we will sieze every opportunity to get together.

CFDMarshal said:
We shall not foresake the gathering ! Once this pandemic passes we will sieze every opportunity to get together.

YES Reverend, Praise the Lord. You speak true words on this Easter Sunday, 2020.

Let's go around left to right and tell the members here who we have. From left to right.

Now New Haven Fire Captain Bill Wargo. Bill was recently promoted to captain after serving as Lt at Engine 11/Truck 2, one of New Havens busiest firehouses. He is now Captain of Engine 17 (?).
Is that right Brad ?

Next we have New Haven Firefighter Matt Walsh. Matt had been working on the busy Squad 1 but when the NHFD closed both Squad Cos 1 & 2, and replced them with a Rescue Co., Matt was then assigned to the very busy Rescue Co 1, which operates very similar to the FDNY Rescue Cos. Matt comes from a long line of Firefighters in his family. His grandfather, a Retired Hartford Captain/later Chief of Willimantic, Ct FD, his uncle retired Lt of FDNY, also a member of this site; "hosewagon", and his father a Deputy Chief in the New Britian, CT FD

Next we have the guy I depend on so much on this site to post pictures for me. He's very active in posting the jobs for the FDNY on here. He works for a private ambulance company as a dispatcher in the New Haven area. His young son, Christian, now cancer free, recently donated some medical mask to one of his favorite New Haven Firehouses. Most members here know him as "signal 73" and some of us know him personally. His name is Brad Young.

Next, the guy who just couldn't keep his eyes open. Him and his buddy "raybrag" like to throw a few shots at me once in awhile. Of course it's all in fun and the reality is, "we really are good buddies". Ladies and gentlemen, if you don't know him already, let me introduce him. He is a retired Con Ed supervisor who worked in the Westchester County area, beginning his earlier days working in the ghetto streets of the South Bronx. His handle here is "fdce54" and some of us know him as Mr Frank Donohue.

And last but not least, joining us from a far away place called Cookville, Tenn is the one you've heard so much about here. The Most Reverend Elwood Erwin, aka "CFDMarshall". The Rev has joined us for many Get Together's from the very first going back maybe 8-10 years ago. Back at home Elwood Erwin is a familiar name as he owns his own insurance company and is a member of his local fire department where he once served as chief. As some of you might remember, Cookville was hit with a serious tornado recently and Elwood was out there helping with the aid and rescue operations among his brother and sister firefighters.

This photo was taken at New Havens Firehouse Engine 6/Truck 4. Photo credit goes to Willy D, aka "NFD2004".

We were very THANKFUL to Bill Wargo of the NHFD who gave us the tour, which also included New Haven's Fire Headquarters Engine 4/Truck 1, plus numerous special pieces.