News of Members

With this COVID-19 pandemic going on, particularly in the hard hit NYC area, we have been fortunate enough to have with us a couple of members that have been able to keep us informed of the latest happenings whether in the streets or in our hospitals.

Members like "Lebby", "Len90", and "Brooklynalex32", have done an excellent job in keeping us updated. They give us an "inside view of as they see it". It is certainly appreciated. Of course, we do understand that we can NOT accept that as "OFFICIAL". BUT, Thank you guys NOT only for what you do for all of us here - BUT - for all that you do in helping so many people throughout the NYC area.

I know that "Lebby" is a member of the FDNY/EMS out there responding to the emergencies within NYC

I assume that "Len90" and "Brooklynalex32" work within the walls of some NYC Hospitals.

If you could, would you (Len90 and Brooklynalex32) just tell us about yourselves. The kind of work you do and maybe what hospital you work in. If you can't its okay, and we do understand.

Brooklynalex32 said:
Hey so I don't work in a hospital I volunteer twice a week for a volunteer ambulance 93 Eddie flatlands volunteer ambulance

Thank you Brooklynalex32. Please be careful out there and thank you for what you do, as well as doing your best to keep us informed.

Brooklynalex32 said:
Hey so I don't work in a hospital I volunteer twice a week for a volunteer ambulance 93 Eddie flatlands volunteer ambulance

God Bless Those Who Serve. Thank You 'Alex' for All You Do in Service to my
  Old Neighborhood in Flatlands. God Bless The Flatlands Volunteers in this NYC Crisis.

Of course; I understand 'The Ole Hood' aint what it used to be back in the late 60's x.
Early 80's and can be Quite the um...Interesting Place these days. I'm sure You & the Vol.s
are keeping plenty busy lately. Keep Up The Good Work !  8)

Now Frank. I wanted to let you know Willy D texted me at 7am on the dot asking me to post this pic. He couldn?t wait all day lol. I just wanted to say that you look as handsome as the day I met you lol

Signal73 said:
Now Frank. I wanted to let you know Willy D texted me at 7am on the dot asking me to post this pic. He couldn?t wait all day lol. I just wanted to say that you look as handsome as the day I met you lol

First of course, let me Thank you Brad for posting this photo of "fdce54", Mr Frankie D. Of course Brad, as I see it, your comment is subject to debate.

But before we get into that, after years of using an old, outdated lap top computer, "I finally decided to get a new one based on the advice of a few members here.

I had discussed it with Joe M. "mack", John B "jbendick", and Tommy B "tbendick". I also got the advice of a retired fire chief here who really knows a lot about them.

Well folks, I am happy to report that based on the advice of these individuals, I got myself a new Dell Laptop. However, like the old one, it's going to take me "years" before I have some idea of how to operate it.

But I guess you could say that "Santa Clause", (no not "mikeindabronx" - the Real Santa Clause) came early for me.

Now to the photo:

During this COVID-19 pandemic, here in the northeast all barber shops are closed. So Mr Frankie D., aka "fdce54", decided to give it a try on his own. He was so very proud of his accomplishment that he couldn't wait to pass it around for others to see.  He even gave himself a tip for doing such a great job.

Well friends, as I look at that photo, I just shake my head and say: "what a pity".

There are a variety of establishments giving free food to first responders: among them Mickey D's and White Castle.  I guess Willy D will be bringing his dusty old Class As plus his rusty old badge out of mothballs and driving his "buffmobile" to get some free food.

nfd2004 said:
Signal73 said:

First of course, let me Thank you Brad for posting this photo of "fdce54", Mr Frankie D. Of course Brad, as I see it, your comment is subject to debate.

But before we get into that, after years of using an old, outdated lap top computer, "I finally decided to get a new one based on the advice of a few members here.

I had discussed it with Joe M. "mack", John B "jbendick", and Tommy B "tbendick". I also got the advice of a retired fire chief here who really knows a lot about them.

Well folks, I am happy to report that based on the advice of these individuals, I got myself a new Dell Laptop. However, like the old one, it's going to take me "years" before I have some idea of how to operate it.

But I guess you could say that "Santa Clause", (no not "mikeindabronx" - the Real Santa Clause) came early for me.

Now to the photo:

During this COVID-19 pandemic, here in the northeast all barber shops are closed. So Mr Frankie D., aka "fdce54", decided to give it a try on his own. He was so very proud of his accomplishment that he couldn't wait to pass it around for others to see.  He even gave himself a tip for doing such a great job.

Well friends, as I look at that photo, I just shake my head and say: "what a pity".
Shouldn't you be at Mickey D's trying to score some free food???

johnd248 said:
There are a variety of establishments giving free food to first responders: among them Mickey D's and White Castle.  I guess Willy D will be bringing his dusty old Class As plus his rusty old badge out of mothballs and driving his "buffmobile" to get some free food.

Well said

johnd248 said:

John, what makes you think Uncle Wilmern could FIT in his old Class A's?  (I hate to think of even trying to get mine on . . . they weren't made of stretch fabric.)  ::) ::)

On a different board Uncle said I had joined you fellas' as busting on him. 

WOW!  I have a lot to learn from you all.  I'll humbly take my place as a very junior proby on this one and tip my hat to you!

nfd2004 said:
I think it is safe to say that we are ALL glad to see one of our most popular members, "mack", aka Joe M., back with us. Joe has been a great contributor to this site. He is known personally by many members here. Of course the extremely very popular "FDNY Firehouses and Fire Companies" topic is beyond any of our expectations.

Another very knowledgeable contributor to that topic has been "fdhistorian", aka Iggy K. Both members who have shared their wealth of FDNY history with us.

Prior to this coronavirus, many members here would meet up once in awhile for a Get Together, having some great chow, some chit chat, and a few laughs together. But that has all changed these days as we all stay home and avoid any social contact. Our only contact is by phone, email, or this site.

I am fortunate to have been able to get to know many members here. Some that I have never met personally, but I do have contact info from them. We all have the same interest and I consider you a friend.

Well guys, I am "self appointing myself" as this sites "Communications Coordinator". So what does a "Communications Coordinator" do on a web site ? Well, I plan to contact those who I have had previous contact with in the past from this web site. Particularly if you haven't been seen in awhile here. Just to check on how you're doing. 

So, you may be hearing from your Uncle Wilfred if we haven't seen you here in awhile. 

Oh, by the way, we hear everyday about our frontline hero's during this time of crisis. Well I can confirm this, "a lot of those hero's are right here on this site".
So now King Wilfred has appointed himself "Communications Coordinator". Well I don't care how many titles you bestow upon yourself, you're NOT GETTING A RAISE!

Uncle Wilfred is going to apply for a PPP loan operating as an "independent contractor" in his role as "Communications Coordinator".  That way we don't have to worry about giving him a raise.

nfd2004 said:
I am fortunate to have been able to get to know many members here. Some that I have never met personally, but I do have contact info from them. We all have the same interest and I consider you a friend.

Well guys, I am "self appointing myself" as this sites "Communications Coordinator". So what does a "Communications Coordinator" do on a web site ? Well, I plan to contact those who I have had previous contact with in the past from this web site. Particularly if you haven't been seen in awhile here. Just to check on how you're doing. 

So, you may be hearing from your Uncle Wilfred if we haven't seen you here in awhile. 

Nice to have MOM (Manager of Membership) concerned about us.  "Don't forget your hat, you'll catch a cold."  Thanks MOM (Uncle Willy)

Willy might not be eligible for the job . The DOI has uncovered a trademark infringement case against Willy....it seems he had been caught wearing a BURGER KING Crown while eating a BIG MAC while lurking behind a WHITE CASTLE  stalking Dave Thomas's Daughter WENDY...he was not being  too subtle as he was ringing a TACO BELL !

68jk09 said:
Willy might not be eligible for the job . The DOI has uncovered a trademark infringement case against Willy....it seems he had been caught wearing a BURGER KING Crown while eating a BIG MAC while lurking behind a WHITE CASTLE  stalking Dave Thomas's Daughter WENDY...he was not being  too subtle as he was ringing a TACO BELL !

Congratulations, Willy!  You now have convinced a certain retired Battalion Chief who shall remain nameless of the joy and harmony in extolling your traits!  Frank is giddy, just barely in control!

download.jpg

Don't forget to take your Taco Bell with you wherever you go.!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrqIq5hBFSw