NYPD.

memory master said:
Oh gee, NYC is a sanctuary city so that means one can do anything and everything with impunity I guess. What is it going to take to remove the handcuffs from the NYPD and let them start cleaning up this city? I wish I knew (legally that is ::)

tem217 said:
time to bring back the "fear city campaign"
which was used by the pba in the mid 70s

I'm on the "outside looking in", but I AGREE with the above.

We have catered to the "Criminals Rights" more than the "Victims Rights".

Police officers in NOT only NYC but other cities as well have become the targets of haters. Many of those "Haters" should have been removed from cities streets a long time ago because of their past criminal history. But we as a society have allowed them to go free often paying for their attorneys to defend them.

As many of us know, police officers have not only been the targets of bullets but other objects as well.

I certainly have the HIGHEST Respect for our police officers out there doing their job TRYING to PROTECT ALL OF US. But it seems that "We" and the Police are the LOOSERS here. While the Criminals are well protected and the Victims lay in a hospital recovering, if they are lucky to survive.

What would we ALL do without our police ? They are facing an endless, thankless battle. I THANK EVERY ONE OF THEM FOR THE JOB THEY TRY TO DO. And Bless the families who must deal with their LOVE ONEs out there trying protect every one of us in this vicious, violent world we live in today.

nfd2004 said:
memory master said:
Oh gee, NYC is a sanctuary city so that means one can do anything and everything with impunity I guess. What is it going to take to remove the handcuffs from the NYPD and let them start cleaning up this city? I wish I knew (legally that is ::)

tem217 said:
time to bring back the "fear city campaign"
which was used by the pba in the mid 70s

I'm on the "outside looking in", but I AGREE with the above.

We have catered to the "Criminals Rights" more than the "Victims Rights".

Police officers in NOT only NYC but other cities as well have become the targets of haters. Many of those "Haters" should have been removed from cities streets a long time ago because of their past criminal history. But we as a society have allowed them to go free often paying for their attorneys to defend them.

As many of us know, police officers have not only been the targets of bullets but other objects as well.

I certainly have the HIGHEST Respect for our police officers out there doing their job TRYING to PROTECT ALL OF US. But it seems that "We" and the Police are the LOOSERS here. While the Criminals are well protected and the Victims lay in a hospital recovering, if they are lucky to survive.

What would we ALL do without our police ? They are facing an endless, thankless battle. I THANK EVERY ONE OF THEM FOR THE JOB THEY TRY TO DO. And Bless the families who must deal with their LOVE ONEs out there trying protect every one of us in this vicious, violent world we live in today.
You hit the nail on the head Willy. Very well put.

RET PO DAVID CARTWRIGHT..... I recd this email.....QUOTE...  Subject: Fwd: David Cartwright Passing

It is with regret that I inform you of the passing of retired Police Officer David Cartwright.  Dave's dad is Harry Cartwright, Battalion Commander of B-10.  His brother is Staff Chief Wayne Cartwright.  May David rest in peace and may his family and loved ones be comforted.

Wake- 
Chapey and Sons Funeral Home
20 Hicksville Rd.
Bethpage, NY 11714

Thursday Feb 20  7-9:30 PM
Friday Feb 21  2-4:30 PM and 7-9:30 PM

Funeral- 
St. Kilian?s Catholic Church
485 Conklin St.
Farmingdale, NY 11735

Saturday Feb 22  at 9:30 AM

https://chapeyfamily.com/tribute/current-services/index.html
Please pass this along.....    UNQUOTE.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/21/nypds-oldest-retired-detective-celebrates-103rd-birthday/?fbclid=IwAR0uPKjoKC0qzUOzQQpwtVo0l0AnjQiE6515t3LG0oU1LCzRzBturgaJbq4

ON FEBRUARY 26,1988 A 22 YEAR OLD IS ASSASSINATED IN SOUTH JAMAICA AROUND THE CORNER FROM 303/126 ..... www.nypdangels.com/cop/cop.php?id=71 ....CONTINUED RIP PO EDWARD BYRNE....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Byrne_(police_officer) ..... TRIBUTE VIDEO'S IN ARTICLE.. www.americanpolicenews.com/eddie.html

68jk09 said:
ON FEBRUARY 26,1988 A 22 YEAR OLD IS ASSASSINATED IN SOUTH JAMAICA AROUND THE CORNER FROM 303/126 ..... www.nypdangels.com/cop/cop.php?id=71 ....CONTINUED RIP PO EDWARD BYRNE....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Byrne_(police_officer) ..... TRIBUTE VIDEO'S IN ARTICLE.. www.americanpolicenews.com/eddie.html

God Bless PO Byrne ; and Those Who Mourn.

Rest in Peace, know that you are remembered and that we continue our prayers for your family, colleagues and friends.

2-28-70 NYPD TRANSIT OFFICER MICHAEL MELCHIONA IS GUNNED DOWN....CONTINUED REST IN PEACE.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=323&v=B2obkslUNmk&feature=emb_logo

All happiness in your Rest with The Father and peace to your family, friends and colleagues.

nypost.com
NYPD recruits graduate early amid coronavirus as number of infected cops doubles
By Larry Celona and Craig McCarthy
2-3 minutes

March 20, 2020 | 5:13pm | Updated March 20, 2020 | 8:02pm

The number of NYPD members infected with the coronavirus more than doubled Friday as the outbreak forced the department to move up its graduation of cadets and cancel the next class of cops at the academy, The Post has learned.

Police sources said 52 cops were confirmed to have the bug Friday ? up from 20 officers reported infected less than 24 hours ago.

One of those officers worked on the second floor of One Police Plaza and was believed to be in Real-Time Crime Center as recently as Monday, a source told The Post.

Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said Friday the department has seen ?a notable increase? in cops calling in sick over the last few days.

?I don?t like what I?ve seen over the last four days,? the commissioner said, but added he believes the NYPD ?is in a good place.?

?That?s something we are watching closely,? Shea added. He would not say how many cops had called out.

Officials have said they expect the number of ill cops to increase over the coming days with the state ramping up its testing capabilities.

The 572 rookie cops hit the streets on Friday, reporting to precincts across the city for their first day in the ranks of the NYPD, according to police sources.

The class was originally scheduled to graduate next week ? but once the COVID-19 pandemic began wreaking havoc on New York over the last week, the recruits were given their final exam and hurried out to patrol.

The virus also forced the NYPD to postpone the next class, which was slated to start at the academy in Queens on April 6, because ?it would expose recruits to unnecessary risk of infection,? a spokeswoman said.

No date has been set for the rookies? delayed graduation ceremony or the start of the next class of cadets.

News of how the virus has affected police training comes a day after the NYPD suspended its volunteer auxiliary police force.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/21/this-judges-soft-on-crime-rulings-failed-a-detective-and-endanger-us-all/

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-nypd-cop-dies-20200328-a7sx3qi5krapfndazgljlld3wm-story.html?utm_medium=notification&utm_source=onesignal

NYPD cop dies from coronavirus ? sources 

https://abc14news.com/2020/04/21/nypd-chief-of-transportation-william-morris-dies-from-coronavirus/

NYPD Chief Of Transportation William Morris Dies From Coronavirus

I had the honor of meeting this real gentleman several times.  He'd always stop and make time to have an enjoyable conversation.  A very good man has been lost.

Rest well and at peace, Chief.

I was wondering if any NYPD guys are on this thread? If so please privet message me I have a question

SHEA CAVES....he just announced he is disbanding the 600 man Anti Crime Units....the perps win again !

TPF never should have been disbanded ....there were so many reasons to bring it back ....including this present era.