NYPD.

The danger level is about to rise for the decent citizens of NYC. The criminals are loving this and winning.

What will the disbanding of the Anti Crime cops do for the good people of NYC. Is it to their benefit ?

It really is a CRIME that TPF is gone along with Citywide Street Crime & now PCT Anti Crime plus so many other Undercover crime prevention & illegal gun recovery initiatives when they all should be in place today....also Mounted would have been very useful the last few weeks but pussification prevailed.......whats next to go Narcotics Units ? .....now the perps soon might "OWN THE NIGHT" & the day.

TPF = SRG and CRG, CPOP = NCO etc, etc, etc. Same ideas, different names. I wonder how Anti-Crime will be re-named and how long it will take for them to be back out on the street.

By the way. If only some cops are "Anti-Crime" cops , does that mean all other cops are "Pro Crime"? And if there is no crime, what does that do to job security?!?!

Interesting to note that over the last few years, NYC has been seeing a REDUCTION in serious crime throughout the city.

Here's a few things to consider.

In 2014, NYC had the LOWEST number of murders since 1993.

It was also pointed out the same in 2017

In 2018, there were THREE FEWER Murders in NYC than in 2017 and major crime dropped by 1.3 %

Apparently the NYPD had been doing a good job. And of course the Mayor was happy to take credit for that lowering crime rate.

That is BEFORE the elimination of the NYPD Anti Crime Unit.

Will NYC be a safer and a better place to live and work after that police unit is abolished ? Will the reduction in police units also reduce crime ?

I guess only time will tell. But I can tell you as an outsider whose spent a lot of time there, "I don't think it's a very good idea". Especially after seeing years of before, and the results after, in which crime has been reduced while these units operated.

SRG is no where near the same level as the old TPF was back in the '60s.....SRG is a much gentler politically correct group due to the powers that be today.

I can't say I blame them. They have gotten no backing from the elected officials at all.

There'll be nothing left to our largest city in the country if that sick out takes place.

Will other police depts. throughout the country join them ?

Both sides better do some serious talking, that's for sure.

There is a thread on this site titled "Oh those busy 4th of July's". Those nights were totally out of control.

But if this happens, those busy 4th of July's will look like "The Good Old Days".

Was it the FDNY or Yonkers FD that went out on strike back in the 70s or 80s ? That didn't last too long.

I can't say I blame them. They have gotten no backing from the elected officials at all.

There'll be nothing left to our largest city in the country if that sick out takes place.

Will other police depts. throughout the country join them ?

Both sides better do some serious talking, that's for sure.

There is a thread on this site titled "Oh those busy 4th of July's". Those nights were totally out of control.

But if this happens, those busy 4th of July's will look like "The Good Old Days".

Was it the FDNY or Yonkers FD that went out on strike back in the 70s or 80s ? That didn't last too long.
We are 100% behind you NYPD

"The TPF was formed in 1959 to deal with rising crime
in New York City. They were also specially trained in crowd control.
TPF members were all volunteers but had to be young, at least 6 feet
tall and have high activity records as police officers. Assigned to
a special 6 PM to 2 AM 4th platoon they patrolled high crime areas
augmenting regular precinct patrols. During the turbulent 1960's
they proved themselves highly effective in not only fighting
crime but in controlling civil disorders." .......When i came back to NY on a special leave to take the NYPD test in '65 at Tilden HS in BKLYN my hope was to get on the PD & be in the TPF until i could get on the FDNY however after being Discharged from the USMC in March '68 the test for FDNY was right there in June '68 & because the 2nd Sections were formed in Aug '68 i got on FD in Sept '68...... www.policeny.com/images/TPF%20WD%20(2)%20(Custom).jpg

So how about it Mr Mayor, how's that new defunding of the NYPD working out so far ?

Mr Mayor, do you recommend other cities follow your example ?

How do you see the criminal activity as to the future of the city's millions of residents and visitors ?

Do you feel this is GOOD News for the business environment in your city ?

How about the millions of residents that live and work within your city ?

Mr Mayor, we'd all like to hear from you on this most recent decision you have made.

Also how do you plan to handle what some NYPD officials are saying that the NYPD plans "a sick out" on the Fourth of July. Generally known to be one of the busiest days/nights of the year for the NYPD. ?

Do you recommend that your millions of good, honest people "head for the hills" for their own safety on that day ?

What about the thousands of outside tourist that come to your city and spend their money there at the hotels and restaurants. Do you feel that might be a loss of tax revenue for your city if such an event takes place ?

I guess we all look forward to hearing of your Progress Report on this recent banning of your Anti Crime NYPD Unit and your plans for the safety of millions of people should the members of the NYPD, aka "The Finest", walk off the job.

Last edited:
Foxnews.com
NYC sees staggering shooting numbers; top cops warn of 'storm on the horizon'
Stephanie Pagones
4-5 minutes

The New York Police Department has reported a staggering increase in shooting numbers, and injuries, as officials warn there’s “a storm on the horizon” – and say changes must be made.

An estimated 72 people were wounded in 53 shootings citywide from June 15 through Sunday night, an NYPD spokesperson said Monday morning. The department saw 14 shooting victims in 12 shootings for the same time period last year, data shows.

“We cannot expect the police to go out there and fix laws that are broken… We need bad people held accountable, and right now we have a lack of accountability.”
— Dermot Shea, NYPD Commissioner

Those numbers include a 24-hour period on Saturday that recorded about two dozen shootings in that time frame, the spokesperson confirmed.

NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea said Monday morning that skyrocketing shooting numbers are “just the latest symptom” of a much bigger problem.

“I hope I’m not the only one – it takes a long time to turn a ship – that sees the iceberg directly in front of us,” Shea told NY1 on Monday morning. “We’ve been trending this way for a while.”

Shea was featured on the show to discuss a recent chokehold incident that occurred in Queens over the weekend, which resulted in an officer being suspended without pay while the department further investigates the use of force.

But about halfway through the interview, Shea changed gears, noting that, in addition to the officer’s use of the chokehold, the “quality of life nexus” concerns him. He outlined the latest shooting numbers and stressed: “If people aren’t talking about it, they are going to be soon.

“We had a hundred shootings in May – first time we hit that number in probably five years. We were trending up before COVID hit on shooting,” he said. “The shame of this is I’ve been warning people since November or December that this is coming. A month or two ago, I told you that there is a storm on the horizon.”

Shea emphasized the need to have “hard conversations” about quality-of-life issues and said, “nearly every shooting” that occurred over the weekend involved marijuana, alcohol and dice games.

“We cannot step away from quality of life policing. And we also need to support our police officers that are out there doing a very difficult job,” he said “We cannot expect the police to go out there and fix laws that are broken. We cannot stop our way out of this problem. We need bad people held accountable and right now we have a lack of accountability.”

LETTER FROM THE NYPD LTs BENEVOLENT ASSOCIATION.......
Dear Lieutenant:

Our state and local politicians from the Governor, to the Mayor, to the District Attorneys to the City Council, are proactively, openly, and with a perverted sense of self pride eroding the safety once enjoyed by all in our city. These reckless politicians are unconscionably passing legislation to hinder us from fulfilling our sworn responsibilities of protecting the citizens of this great city.

With July 4th upon us, Lieutenants must be extra vigilant to protect those they supervise from unnecessarily being drawn into situations that could endanger their safety, jobs and freedom. As proven by over 900 Line-of-Duty deaths, New York City Police officers never shirk our responsibility to protect others from physical harm. Mayor de Blasio has stated that we will not enforce fireworks infractions! Maybe we should have a contact number for the local Council Member, Borough President, or community representative so that they can ask the offenders to stop setting off fireworks. One Borough President, and assumed Mayoral candidate, publicly suggested that the neighborhood people should speak with such fireworks offenders (unfortunately five people in the Bronx employed this approach which resulted in all five people being stabbed or slashed). If you receive a complaint of a house party or barbecue, remember that people are permitted to have such gatherings. Again, maybe you should have the phone numbers to the respective Council Member or Borough President to contact and perhaps they can send over a Social Distancing Ambassador to effectively address any social distancing infractions that may be occurring. I know this sounds ridiculous to you, as it does to us, but this is what our politicians are recommending.

These baseless and continuing hostile and dangerous anti-police policies and rhetoric have resulted in an even stronger and more unified cooperation amongst the police unions. In the past weeks the executive bodies of the PBA, DEA, SBA, LBA and CEA have been in daily conversation. We have cooperatively agreed to dedicate any and all resources and are currently in the process of addressing and combating this vitriolic attack against our members.

How you men and women continue to police in this incredibly challenging time, in an environment where our politicians have set us up for failure, is an incredible testament to the genuine loyalty you have to your oath and to the people of New York. It is just another example of why you are so deservedly referred to as "The Leaders of the Finest".

Fraternally,

The Lieutenants Benevolent Association

saw this on the nypost website.
totally sickened me..this video needs to go viral to expose the demonstrators and libs.