Temporary FDNY Ambulances 20xx?

Probably a demo model for a tactical ambulance like the ones NYPD ESU use.

It might also be a demo for Horton's Armored Ambulance . . . their demos are black.  And the wheels look more like Horton's run flat wheels than they do the normal wheels on the other two.

https://www.government-fleet.com/305131/an-ambulance-built-with-ballistic-protection

The Wheeled Coach Facebook page has a picture up and those some of the units I saw on the flatbed trailers.

David Keller photo: If you notice, there are around 6 or 7 F-series in this pic, with the rest being E-series.

Mike Martinelli says REV Group is providing 81 units, and other manufacturers are providing 19, for a total of 100 units.

Posted by: JohnnyGage
? on: May 01, 2020, 03:26:12 PM    'What goes around, comes around. My bus, circa 1977'

https://postimg.cc/Mv8BGYwQ

'What's Old is New', Johnny -  See What Happens when ya' hang-around awhile ?    ;)

69 METS said:
JohnnyGage said:
69 METS said:
102, was that a KCH bus?

Negatory... LIBERTY OUTPOST!  We had three, two for ENY, one for Throop. This photo was taken inside the garage.

Where did your Throop bus sit?

Good question Garrett, not sure where their post was. We sat at Pennsylvania and Liberty Av next door to a greasy spoon.

JohnnyGage said:
69 METS said:
JohnnyGage said:
69 METS said:
102, was that a KCH bus?

Negatory... LIBERTY OUTPOST!  We had three, two for ENY, one for Throop. This photo was taken inside the garage.

Where did your Throop bus sit?

Good question Garrett, not sure where their post was. We sat at Pennsylvania and Liberty Av next door to a greasy spoon.

Just curious, as I worked Throop Outpost 337 on midnight's out of Cumberland Hospital. We sat at Throop Ave. and Fulton St.

raybrag said:
David Keller photo: If you notice, there are around 6 or 7 F-series in this pic, with the rest being E-series.

Mike Martinelli says REV Group is providing 81 units, and other manufacturers are providing 19, for a total of 100 units.

they even look to be about 6 feet apart. nice.

Out Of Service and sitting on Carroll St for 3 weeks. Are these ambulances really needed?DSC_4461.jpg

I think they have been getting used for a purpose different than the original intention. Have seen footage of them the past few nights driving around with NYPD vehicles and are quite possibly being used to transport PD around.

So my station currently has two of these buses, a E series and a F series both were spares until these week when one was pressed into service due to a mechanical issue with one of our front line buses. You are correct they don't have MDTs so the unit is also issued a cell phone with a MDT app on it they can use. The department ordered these in the height of Covid, when they had excess personnel from places like the BOT and we were running over 100% units with more crews than buses. Now, many have left the front lines due to flattening of the curve and we end up with surplus spares.

Seeing this one reminds me...What happened to the 2010 Rams that went in service in 2012?DSC_5404.jpg

To my knowledge the only Dodge ambulances still in the fleet are at EVOC, I did my driver training in one.

REV Group Facebook page has a picture of ambulances leaving their facility headed to NYC. Says part of an emergency order of 81 Ambulances. Look like E-series based and says the rigs are from their brands. Just don?t know how to post link to Facebook.
So they have gas engines then see its the old style E series?