The Ventures/Days of Doo Wop

memorymaster

Willie, you have the first (and only) correct answer. Indeed it was "Dream Along With Me" and yes "It's Impossible" was another of his many hit songs. Remember "Hoop-Dee-Doo?"

raybrag

Whall, Hot Diggity, Dog Ziggety, Boom, guys! Como wasn't exactly Doo Wop . . . but I'll cutcha some slack. :rolleyes: :cool:;)

memorymaster

Believe it or not Ray, "Hot Diggity" was supposed to be to rival the up and coming rock n' roll music, especially Elvis releases.

nfd2004

Well, this was a few years after those Perry Como hits.

But it started in the late 50s and early 60s in the basement of an apartment building at 2308 Crotona Ave in the Bronx.

The superintendent of that building turned space near the boiler room it into a living room with couches and chairs. Then one night about 30 guys and girls got together for the birthday party of a friend.

That building is where Dion DiMucci sang while others danced. It's not just us old guys that enjoyed it. Even todays much younger people enjoy it too

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV2lMLrxyN4

Last edited:

nfd2004

We loose another singer from the past.

B.J Thomas passed away at 78 years old.

His hits began in 1968 such as:
"Hooked on a Feeling"
"I'm so lonesome I could cry"
"Raindrops keep falling on my head"

Here is B.J. singing his famous hit, "Hooked on a Feeling".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Odghnfs_8g

memorymaster

Late Entry: Willie Winfield of the Harptones passed away July 27, 2021 of a cardiac. He was 91. The Harptones put out some great tunes over the years. Rest In Peace Willie and thanks for the memories.

nfd2004

To All of my Doo Wop fans out there, please join me in watching this video titled:

"Larry Chance East Coast Music Hall of Fame inductee". Filmed and presented to us by Joey Arminio and his wife Doreen, of Arminio Entertainment

So turn up the volume as Larry Chance remembers his friend and takes you back to those great Doo Wop Days.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjFSdOFjqWs

memorymaster

Definitely not doo-wop but a great entertainer and song writer passed away on August 20th. Tom T. Hall had many hits on the country charts as well as cross-overs to the pop charts. He was the writer of Jeannie C. Reilly's "Harper Valley PTA." Thanks Tom for the music and the memories. Rest In Peace Sir.

memorymaster

Sad to report that we lost another well known in the 50's-60's music era. Don Everly of the "Everly Brothers" passed away on August 21, 2021. His brother, Phil, had passed way on January 3, 2014. Rest In Peace gentleman and thanks for the memories.