The Ventures/Days of Doo Wop

Indeed you nailed it. If you ever get a chance to hear "Connie-O" by that group give it a listen. You would not believe it's the same guys.

Charlie, aka "memory master", I sure DO remember "Connie-O". It was on side 2 of "Big Girls Don't Cry" back in 1962.

I got to be honest though, "I thought it was on side 2 of "Ragdoll", but I goggled it and found out the correct answer.
How did we ever manage back in those Good Ole' Doo Wop Days long before any of us even knew what "goggle" was. It wasn't even invented then.

I guess we all just had to use our brains a little more then. But I know in my own case, "I sure am glad we got that goggle thing now". "Because sometimes my brain doesn't work as good as it did then".

Anyway Charlie, we take a trip back to 1962 and this is the song you talk about.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIRSTyYLtHs

This evening, Monday November 2, at 7 pm, The Arminio's (Joey and Doreen) will be doing a Live show in bringing back the Oldies on Joey's Facebook Page.

They tell us; "grab a glass of wine, some tea, or a distance partner and dance to the oldies with us". So tune them in tonight.

Then later, don't forget the live podcast of "Gettin Salty" too, featuring Retired FDNY members Kevin and Lou along with Pete our Buff Buddy too.

Looks like a good night to sit home and enjoy the show(s).

Not doowop but great music, at least I think so. Sadly, Charley Pride passed away yesterday (12/12/2020) in Dallas, Texas at the age of 86 from COVID19. Charley had numerous #1 hits on the country charts. Of the many songs he performed, I think that "Burgers And Fries" was one of my favorites. Rest In Peace Charley, thanks for the memories and the wonderful person you are.

We have, unfortunately, lost another singer from the '60's. Chad Stewart passed away at his home in Hailey, Idaho on Sunday, Dec. 20, 2020 at the age of 79. He and his co-singer, Jeremy Clyde had hits with "Summer Song" and "Yesterday's Gone."
Rest In Peace Chad and thanks for the memories.

Unfortunately, we have lost another singer of our youth. Jimmie Rodgers who had hits with "Honeycomb", "Uh Oh, I'm Falling In Love Again" and others passed away on January 18th at the age of 87. Rest In Peace Jimmy and thanks for the memories.

Late notice but tonight, New Years Eve, Joey and Doreen Arminio of Arminio Entertainment will be live at 7 pm

Link I think is:

www.facebook.com/ArminioEntertainment/

Another Arminio Entertainment Kitchen Koncert is scheduled for Thursday evening February 4th from 7 - 8 pm est.

When the show begins, it can be found on: www.facebook.com/ArminioEntertainment/

Of course following that show is the regularly scheduled "Gettin' Salty Podcast" at 8 pm on Thursday for those Gettin' Salty Fans.

It has always been rumored that Dion and the Belmonts sang as a acapella group in the Belmont firehouse quarters of E 88 and L 38. Well, put the rumor to rest! Yes indeed he did. Recently I placed a call to Dions publicist and he in turn got in touch with Dion, tonight he returned my call and said: Dion stated, "Yes he did, he loved singing in the firehouse" back in the late 50's. Get this, the publicist also mentioned Dion may be doing a publicity tour for an upcoming project and thought it might be a good idea to donate a plaque to the firefighters in the near future. Stay tuned!
Dion.jpeg

It has always been rumored that Dion and the Belmonts sang as a acapella group in the Belmont firehouse quarters of E 88 and L 38. Well, put the rumor to rest! Yes indeed he did. Recently I placed a call to Dions publicist and he in turn got in touch with Dion, tonight he returned my call and said: Dion stated, "Yes he did, he loved singing in the firehouse" back in the late 50's. Get this, the publicist also mentioned Dion may be doing a publicity tour for an upcoming project and thought it might be a good idea to donate a plaque to the firefighters in the near future. Stay tuned!
View attachment 13020

Dan, that is GREAT News. Dion has always been one of my favorites. I've seen him perform about 3-4 times in person.

My favorite - "Runaround Sue"

Thank you Mr Gage and I got to pass this around to a few other guys too.

Uncle Wilfred

We remember Mary Wilson of The Supremes.

This was their first big hit back in 1964; "Where did our love go".

That was followed by several others like;
"Love Child", "Baby Love", "Stop in the name of love", "You can't hurry love", "Come see about me", "You keep me hanging on".

Rest in Peace Mary Wilson.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Ta5TlCBR8

On this date, March 14, 1958, the first "Gold Record" was awarded to Perry Como for his recording of "Catch A Falling Star."
How many of you remember his Saturday night television show at 8 PM that was on NBC and what was the song that he sang as the opening theme? Hint-it was also released as a single on RCA records.

Charlie "memorymaster", YES, I was one of those Lucky One's to be around for those Saturday night Perry Como shows.

As so many of us agree, "it was such a Great Time to be a part of it".

But when you asked here what was Perry Como's opening theme song, I just couldn't remember that.
So of course I had to look it up on this new high tech thing we call the internet.
Back in 1958 we had no idea what that was, or a cell phone, or goggle, not even a thing called; cable television.
Just think of all the money we were able to save back then.

Anyway Charlie, I put that new thing called goggle to work and I came up with this.

It was called; "Dream Along" as Perry Como's Theme Song back then.

Any of us here who remember it, I guess we're all considered as Senior Citizens and maybe on Medicare.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa9LVcXhKEU

But I also have to add that during my high school days, this was the song I would sing quite a bit.
For me it was two-fold. It was about my "Wanna Be High School Sweat Heart" and I used it as "MY Theme Song" while trying to make it through high school in keeping up a passing grade.
But somehow I finally made it. No HONOR student of course - that's for sure.
For that "Sweet Heart of Mine", I later found out that I wasn't the only guy who had High Hopes on winning her over. She had plenty of other guys to choose from. And I didn't stand a chance.

That song was called: "It's Impossible"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKQ9--_ZgB4

Last edited:
Willie, you have the first (and only) correct answer. Indeed it was "Dream Along With Me" and yes "It's Impossible" was another of his many hit songs. Remember "Hoop-Dee-Doo?"