THEY SAVED NEW YORK

nfd2004

You are an awesome person Willy. So Dan, I will match Willy with $ 1,000 myself also.
TK

Tom, that is great

Lt Q,,
I hope that you are one of the featured members in that book

Being a part of FDNY Probie Class - Sept, 1968, I’m sure you have a few stories to tell yourself

what some of these guys might not know is that you were a Lt in the busy Bushwick Ladder 112 and worked with Mr Gage when he was assigned there

Okay, no more secrets. That’s it. Time for Mr Willy to zip it up

NFD2004 is now 10-9

Last edited:

nfd2004

The latest update on the new upcoming book; "They Saved New York".

Dan, aka "JohnnyGage", reports so far he has completed over 40 interviews with photos, and he thought he would be finished with 60.
But right now it looks more like he is going for 70.

Recently he interviewed 5 members in one day, each having an amazing story to tell.

Some of the interviews involve stories from firefighters who were there at:
The Fraunces Tavern Bombing.
The N.Y. Telephone Fire
The Fathers Day Fire
Black Sunday

And There's More;

He has also talked to the history makers of the FDNY from:
Second Sections
Inside 82/31 during the FDNY War Years
The creation of FDNYs Bible - Ladder 3
The implementation of the Squads
The formation of Haz Mat
The rebuilding of the FDNY after 9/11

Dan says he is now ready to find an editor.

Dan also passes along this to all of us - "wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year"

Let me also add another GREAT BOOK written by our own "Mike Dick", aka "mikeindabronx", and Retired FDNY Lt Tom Barry, titled:
"Into the Smoke with New York's Bravest" which was released in July, 2021
According to Fire Engineering Books that book has been given a FIVE STAR Rating. It just doesn't get any better than that.

I too give it a FIVE STAR Rating.

Let me also add - "this is NOT a paid commercial"
Just some facts that I thought many of you might be interested in

Books that tell the story in words and photos, of the FDNYs record number of fires fought by a very Special Breed of Firefighters.
A time many refer to as "The FDNY War Years"

JohnnyGage

Hello my friends, Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year, here is a quick book update. So far I've completed 40 interviews of the most dynamic characters of the FDNY. Last week I got the inside scoop on the origin of hazmat, a first person hair raising account of the Black Sunday fire, tidbits from a revered senior man and long time Harlem ladder chauffeur, insightful stories from a long time senior lieutenant in one of the most renowned Brooklyn truck companies. I'm doing 10 more interviews by the end of this month. Glenns intriguing photos continue to amaze me, you could see through the subjects eyes into their souls, I'll keep you posted!

mack

Administrator
Hello my friends, Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year, here is a quick book update. So far I've completed 40 interviews of the most dynamic characters of the FDNY. Last week I got the inside scoop on the origin of hazmat, a first person hair raising account of the Black Sunday fire, tidbits from a revered senior man and long time Harlem ladder chauffeur, insightful stories from a long time senior lieutenant in one of the most renowned Brooklyn truck companies. I'm doing 10 more interviews by the end of this month. Glenns intriguing photos continue to amaze me, you could see through the subjects eyes into their souls, I'll keep you posted!
Thanks Dan. We appreciate all you do and admire your work. This book will be not only be interesting, it will also be a fitting tribute to the heroes you are interviewing and the members who served with them. It is more than biographical accounts, it is a history of significant events, fires, tragedies and innovations from those who were there and those who made it happen. Lest we forget. Your terrific writing style, read over the years in WNYF, NYC Firenet and other sites, will also ensure the narratives in the book are accurate, humorous, touching and totally enjoyable to read.

Thanks again, Dan!

jmag228

Hi Dan,
Best of continued luck with your outstanding venture. Anticipate a great read when it is done. Happy New Year.
Thanks