They Still Got It

This 79 year old singer sang this very popular song in Orlando, Fla in May, 2019, before a live audience. He wrote it back in 1968 - over 50 years ago.

The name of that song is "Delilah" and the singers name is, Tom Jones.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0iHWVlYkDQ

Last edited:
When I'm not chasing fire trucks or eating ice cream or Big Macs, I like to go check out some music of the days gone by. Music of the 50s, 60s and some 70s. I am impressed with those singers who "Still Got It" and do live shows after some 40, 50 and even 60 years.

So with that said, I hope you don't mind, this is another one of those guys I'm talking about. Next month in March, 2020 he'll be 81 years old and still out there doing live shows. He is from New York City and his first hit song was back over 60 years ago in 1957.

Here are two videos that I hope you enjoy sung by Mr Neil Sedaka as he plays the piano. One in 2017 and the other from 2019.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_W2U_kvWBQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdbW8v0GFVY

Last edited:
So back in 1970 I was not that interested in music; concentrated on riding E 248 in my spare time.  My real job was working at First National City Bank in a branch on Avenue J and East 13th Street, Brooklyn.  One day an attractive couple came in to open a checking account.  In completing the forms, I asked the guy who he worked for and he said Jay and the Americans.  Being clueless, I said what is that.  He just said: " a group" so I said: "a group of what?"  And that is how I learned about Jay and the Americans for he was one of the Americans.  I became a big fan of their music and had many of their albums.

Engelbert Humperdink is now 84 years old.

On Thursday afternoon (July 23) at 3 pm here on the East Coast, he plans to do a Free Show for those who might be interested in watching it.

Here is a little bit more about it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqAwIpUrAzc

In the above quote, we told you about that July 23 podcast show by now 84 year old Engelbert Humperdink.

Well if you missed it, it was a great show which lasted about 40 minutes or so.
So why not - you and your lady friend grab yourselves a nice glass of wine, sit back and watch the show.

You decide for yourself if he's Still Got It or Not.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9mzgbar9vQ

In the above quote, we told you about that July 23 podcast show by now 84 year old Engelbert Humperdink.

Well if you missed it, it was a great show which lasted about 40 minutes or so.
So why not - you and your lady friend grab yourselves a nice glass of wine, sit back and watch the show.

You decide for yourself if he's Still Got It or Not.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9mzgbar9vQ

84 year old Englebert Humperdink is planning to do a Special Christmas Show. The show is scheduled for Dec 12th, I believe 3 pm NY time. It can be seen live from the convenience of your own living room while enjoying a hot cup of chocolate or your favorite beverage.

Maybe something to consider giving the lady in your life. Tell her it's an early Christmas gift from Santa. Certainly during this shut in time of the coronavirus pandemic.

In the link below Mr Humperdink tells you a little more about it and provides you the link needed to sign up for one of those live Christmas Shows just below his video message.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfDJg3YG5Zk

Last edited:
Enge was my favorite, saw him many times at Westbury Music Fair during his prime, he did a great show. I think I had a crush on him!, oops, did I say to much....

Enge was my favorite, saw him many times at Westbury Music Fair during his prime, he did a great show. I think I had a crush on him!, oops, did I say to much....

Mr Gage, I think I did too (oops) !!!!! I sure know my wife did.

We saw him at Westbury too. Plus, I think 3 or 4 other times here in Ct. (Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun, and a place called Oakdale Theater in Wallingford, Ct).

We just learned that she donated ONE MILLION DOLLARS to be used for a Coronavirus Vaccine Research. She is now 74 years old and forty years ago, in 1980, this was a number one hit. It was called "9 to 5" and her name is Dolly Parton.

Here she sings that hit song in front of a live audience in November, 2019.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdVkZksf0aw

Well Dan, this one is for you.

84 year old "Enge" just put this one out today, December 18th, 2020.

So from "Enge", to You and to the Rest of the guys here; This One's For You.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

*** Enge also says he has an On Demand Special Christmas Show available until December 26th and that will be benefitting the Children's Hospital in Los Angeles. See below video for info.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HixLLDHCw4