THROWBACK THURSDAY

"GOING DOWN THAT LONG LONESOME HIGHWAY, ....................."

....going to live life my way."
From "Then Came Bronson"

mack

Administrator
68jk09 said:
In the number 30 above "before & after"  ^^^^ you know the saying "the more things change the more they remain the same" ....  well in the post they did NOT remain the same ..... 209 a Great FF Unit has long since been disbanded & is not available to respond to Park & Kent Aves .... the demographics of the intersection surrounding Park & Kent Aves has also changed from Puerto Rican to Hassidic expanding from the South side of BDWAY in Williamsburg .....notice on the front of 209 above the "0" is a Company installed light....too bad there is not a better shot that could be enlarged of the 209 logo on the front corner of the Rig below & forward of the Chauffeurs mirror....it was a Woody Woodpecker with a Helmet smoking a cigar ..... of course back then they were a Rapid Water Pumper  with the "Flying Sperm Bubble " on the doors.

Chief - E 209's 1988 Mack also had Woody Woodpecker logo on rig:

NO.32; "THE NAKED CITY"

LOVE!

REMEMBER THIS KEY?

NAME THE BOMBSHELLS:

A.

B.

C.

Q: WHAT WAS THE BEST DETERGENT TO REMOVE "RING AROUND THE COLLAR"?

The bombshells, hmmm, B) Valerie Perrine, C) Jill St John. A) I'm not sure of. Looks like Willy D. 

"THE KEY" was for the old steel wheeled roller skates it had two different functioning ends ....an original pair of skates as bought had very, very small clamps as pictured ....they did not work well on sneakers only on leather shoes or boots with a hard sole so we modified them with an add on larger clam shell version to keep the skates on your feet ....only certain streets in NYC were good for skating & these were the most recently paved blocks so that's where all the neighborhood kids gathered to play....after awhile in the Spring the streets went from asphalt black to a silver tone from the steel wheels which also wore out from heavy use but we would buy replacement steel wheels then you used the other end of "THE KEY" to loosen & then tighten the nut on each wheel .....most of the skating was for roller hockey but as we got older we got bored with that & morphed into rough tackle football on the asphalt with our steel wheeled roller skates....lots of injuries then....if you were lucky enough to have a pair of indoor lace up hi top skates with wooden wheels for use at the Rinks you could replace the wheels with composite wheels to use on the asphalt (not many could afford those skates)....ice skates were a different story as long as you did not grow out of them the blades never seemed to wear out....we used our ice skates in the Winter when the NYC Parks Dept would flood the asphalt softball fields for skating.

"Q: WHAT WAS THE BEST DETERGENT TO REMOVE "RING AROUND THE COLLAR"?"

Not positive, but I think it was Whisk (?spelling?).

Thank You Johnny. Throwback Thursdays are always a lot of fun and many memories for us, remembering years that have gone by.

When I saw this picture in your latest Throwback Thursdays Series, my guess is that it's Frankie D, "fdce54", sitting on a park bench trying to hit on his newest lady friend.

https://postimg.cc//fkJQN6Mj 

Watch your back Turk, I think Linda Evans would be looking for pay back with that guess!

Screenshot-2019-09-28-10-39-26-1-1.jpg

If that's Frank (kinda looks like him), then its got to be Willy in drag with him.

Arte Johnson & Ruth Buzzi from Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In

Ruth Buzzi grew up less than a mile from my current home in Stonington, CT.  Her father ran a tombstone business for years;  the family name is still on the business.

mack

Administrator
manhattan said:
"Q: WHAT WAS THE BEST DETERGENT TO REMOVE "RING AROUND THE COLLAR"?"

Not positive, but I think it was Whisk (?spelling?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeakPcsccyY

NO.33: "THE NAKED CITY"

ITEMS IN MR. WILLY'S BATHROOM CABINET:

ITEMS ON MR. WILLY'S DESK:

ITEM SPOTTED IN MR. WILLY'S SHOWER:

WHO ARE THESE HANDSOME HUNKS?

A.

B.

C.

Q:  WHO  DID  ALICE  GIBSON  MARRY?