ZIPPO

JohnnyGage

A lot of zippo lighters from WWII and Vietnam era for sale on ebay, many with personalized inscriptions, big collectors item. Did you have one JK?

68jk09

A lot of zippo lighters from WWII and Vietnam era for sale on ebay, many with personalized inscriptions, big collectors item. Did you have one JK?
Yes I still have mine with the shell inscribed..the guts wore out a long time ago but the Zippo guts just pull out so I have my original shell but with a "new" mid '70s insert.... it hasn't been fired up since '79.

raybrag

We had a tradition at the 54th Weather Reconnaissance Squadron that every member received an engraved Zippo at the end of their tour with the squadron. We had a bunch of miniature versions of the squadron's patch made up, and these were glued to the lighter, along with the member's name and dates of service. A very common practice among Air Force units in the Viet Nam era. Of course, almost everyone smoked then . . . a little different today.

mikeindabronx

Vietnam era Zippo inscribed with date, location & Royal Australian Regiment insignia. I can't remember where I got it but I've had it a while.

vietnamzippo.jpg

RTH711

Got this when I was a Brooklyn Dispatcher in the late 60's mid 70's. Sorry for the big photo, didn't know how to reduce it.20210215_094152.jpg

Last edited:

ta176

Back during the war years there was a cry after the fire was extinguished anybody have a dry match? Just look at Backdraft and they all light up after fire was out. So reminded me of how it was. I quit 44 years ago and never looked back all thanks to a good job on Atlantic and Hopkinson.