Closing companies/Moving companies

Has anyone heard any talk or rumors of the city disbanding any companies or moving any companies around?

No why would that be a discussion lately? If anything they should be reinstating disbanded companies

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
City got federal funding. No issues with companies at this time

Thanks Tom for clearing this entire topic up with the RIGHT ANSWER.

We don't need individual disputes of those who really have NO idea of the plans, or future of what the FDNY is, in what started out as a simple question.

"JA290", I think we should be all set. In fact I had certainly agreed with you. THANK YOU.

Last edited:
Thanks Tom for clearing this entire topic up with the RIGHT ANSWER.

We don't need individual disputes of those who really have NO idea of the plans, or future of what the FDNY is, in what started out as a simple question.

"JA290", I think we should be all set. In fact I had certainly agreed with you. THANK YOU.
Ok I did not know that answer, sorry.

The only thing that was a “Rumor” during COVID was at night for companies to put off duty because how slow it was…. E4 and L8 downtown Manhattan….. They deff need to start reopening companies…. E36, E261, all the 2003 closers

Last edited:
The only thing that was a “Rumor” during COVID was at night for companies to put off duty because how slow it was…. E4 and L8 downtown Manhattan….. They deff need to start reopening companies…. E36, E261, E29, all the 2003 closers
Its far fetched to get companies reopened

Engine 36 and 204, 212, 278 will have to have new houses built
Engine 261 and 209 can go into there old quarters.

They also need to put an engine company in Hudson Yards.

Its far fetched to get companies reopened

Engine 36 and 204, 212, 278 will have to have new houses built
Engine 261 and 209 can go into there old quarters.

They also need to put an engine company in Hudson Yards.

Hudson Yards still have awhile until R1 moves into new house. Which will be E2. E36 is really needed since E35 runs have doubled even with COVId it remained pretty close to the same. I think a Engine should be put west of E1 and E3 since those to companies alone are pretty busy. Or move E26 into a new house since E26 never gets down there block due to traffic. I would say a Truck company is needed with E283 with all the truck work in area especially all the fires. 24th Battalion on Staten Island would make sense and the battalion they closed with E319.

Hudson Yards still have awhile until R1 moves into new house. Which will be E2. E36 is really needed since E35 runs have doubled even with COVId it remained pretty close to the same. I think a Engine should be put west of E1 and E3 since those to companies alone are pretty busy. Or move E26 into a new house since E26 never gets down there block due to traffic. I would say a Truck company is needed with E283 with all the truck work in area especially all the fires. 24th Battalion on Staten Island would make sense and the battalion they closed with E319.
Is R1 really getting a new house or is it just talk right now?

E19 was west of E1 and E3.
L145 was planned for the Brownsville area.

Is R1 really getting a new house or is it just talk right now?
Nothing is final until it goes into operation, even then sometimes not. EMS Station 16 had a new station built and then when Harlem Hospital wanted to expand they bought the land and bulldozed it. 16 is back where they started. R*1 is supposedly looking for a new place but we'll see, if anything it won't be soon.

Stop with the Buff Stuff. 283 Engines' area has more than enough trucks close by. 120,123,170, and 174. And now you have Res2cue right up the hill. The number of fires are not even half of what they were in the 1960's thru the early 1980's. They are all busy companies, but if that area was busy like 30-50 years ago, 176 wouldn't have been moved up with 233. They would have went in with 283.

The city is alright financially with this years budget. Next Fiscal Year will be very interesting. The Feds won't keep giving NYC bailouts, and there are a lot of negative financial factors that will take place next year. BTW the Fiscal Year starts on July 1.