GLORY DAYS

Thank You Dan. I most certainly agree with all of the above. Your stories have been GREAT.

I too am honored to consider you a friend.

Dan thanks for the memories especially the Belmont Ave stories, a truly one of a kind firehouse. Stay well and maybe get a publisher to make Glory Days a book for all to read about what the FDNY means to all of us here ??

Thank you, Dan. Willy is right . . . your stories have been GREAT. It's time now to get a good editor, and assemble them into a book. If Dennis Smith could do it, SO CAN YOU!!

Dan; I Swear to God This is True - at work this evening, I had a chance to 'Drop-in' to The Site.
I had the radio on low while I read This, and 'Glory Days' by Springsteen was playing as I read your Post. ?

Thanks, Dan, for sharing your memories with us. Your journies down memory lane have brought back many memories from my life.

Well done Dan, enjoyed the series! Stimulated my mind of many memories. Thanks for sharing

Dan, thank you for sharing your remarkable career with all of us. I felt honored, as I am sure most of us of this site have, to have taken this journey through the "Glory (and Gory) Days" with you. I echo the thoughts that you should place all these memories in a book, so the young firefighters of today and in the future can learn from your career. I look forward to breaking bread and raising a glass with you on Arthur Ave. again sometime in the not to distant future.

Dan, I am honored to be a part of your circle. I look forward to the day we can raise a glass together and share the stories of life and times. I still say this needs to be a book. You are always welcomein my home in Tennessee.

Danny, thanks for sharing your wonderful stories and memories. At the end of the day, memories are all we are left with. Take care of your beautiful wife & yourself, My Brother. We had a Great time back in the day
Capt JC (ret)
FDNY
Tower Ladder 120
Brownsville, Brooklyn

Last edited:
Dan, I'm not sure if I have told you but, I do a Newsletter for the Active and Retired guys from the job here of the Ole' Homestead Town. It's called the NFD GOSSIP NEWSLETTER with just over 100 members. Yours truly (Mr NFD2004) has given himself the "self appointed" title of Chief Editor.

I think there's some guys who would also love to read your stories, but they might not be aware of "Glory Days". So if it's okay with you, "I'm going to pass those GREAT Stories onto them". They too, will get to know the "Johnny Gage", not of some Hollywood TV Series called "EMERGENCY", - BUT the REAL Stories of the FDNY written by NYCfire.net site "Johnny Gage", aka FDNY Member Dan Potter. Who also introduces us to some of the members who have been apart of it.

Dan, I can't promise you any "royalties" from it, but I "can" promise to send you your very own "complimentary copy". Your "complimentary copy" will be our own simple way of saying: "THANK YOU"

Oh yes, I failed to mention that we have a few carefully selected HONORARY Members as well. I think you might be surprised to see who our latest HONORARY Member is. He's kind of a popular guy here too.

Last edited:
Well done, Dan. Enjoyed every story. I have great memories of riding with E 248 way back. Also hung out as a teenager at E 281/ L147 doing trips to the store, etc.

Dan, thanks for the great stories. I always look forwarded to coming on here to read "Glory Days" and I will miss this in the future.

Thank you so much for sharing all your stories Dan. It certainly has been a pleasure to read them and in some ways it allowed a firefighter from Canada to be right there witnessing the FDNY at work when I would imagine the imagery you described so well. You have been a fantastic addition to this site and I hope you are planning on sticking around and contributing for a long time to come!

mack

Administrator
Dan - Found a 1983 WNYF "All Hands" column which you might like to explain from E88/L38. "Penmanship" Potter is acknowledged. Also, several other E88/L38 legends.

POTTER.jpg