New Chief of Department

"The Gettin Salty Podcast" crew recently met up with Chief of Department, Tom Richardson. It was an EXCELLENT Interview.

For those of you who might not have seen it, "I think you will certainly appreciate it as much as I did".

In the beginning is a very interesting interview with Chief Frank Leeb as he discusses the building at the ROCK to HONOR the 47 members of the FDNY who have paid the Ultimate Price during their military duty for this country.

Special THANKS to Chief Frank Leeb for his time in presenting us with the numerous video series of the FDNY Training Academy, also referred to as "The Rock".

Of course Special THANKS to both Retired FDNY Members Kevin Kubler and Lou Rufrano for presenting us with this, as well as dozens of other very interesting videos regarding the FDNY, it's members, and other departments as well.

We are also Honored here to have Several Members of Nycfire.net who have been Specially Invited Guest to the Gettin Salty Podcast.

And certainly a Very SPECIAL THANKS TO CHIEF of DEPARTMENT - Tom Richardson.

Chief Richardson, CONGRATULATIONS on becoming the Commander of the BEST and BUSIEST Fire Department in the entire Country, and perhaps the World.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu6mSkV4i2s

Last edited:
Chief Richardson has put his papers in and is now retired as of this week. I wonder just who will replace him?

mack

Administrator
This site requires respect and courtesy for all brother and sister members. Please ensure all posts are appropriate and professional, as most are. Thanks to all for making this a great site for sharing firefighting events, procedures, innovations, information, history and camaraderie.

mack

Administrator
Thank you, Chief Richardson, for your outstanding leadership. You led by example. Have a wonderful retirement.

I was just talking to him last week to make an appointment for our organization. He didn’t say he would be retired, so I presume it wasn’t his idea. Good luck and enjoy your well deserved retirement Chief. See you next month.

mack

Administrator
Chief Richardson has been Chief of Department for 6 months. Unfortunately, it is probably a short length of command compared to past FDNY CODs. Good luck and thank you Chief.

Seeing some very nice things being said about the Chief... I wish him a long and healthy retirement

Any word on who will replace him as COD?

Chief Richardson has put his papers in and is now retired as of this week. I wonder just who will replace him?
What? really I just saw him in November he spoke at the FDNY Retirees meeting... man what a loss, class act, great Chief. wonder if has to do with Adams & him appointing new Commissioners, etc. Congrats to him, much respect.

"The Gettin Salty Podcast" crew recently met up with Chief of Department, Tom Richardson. It was an EXCELLENT Interview.

For those of you who might not have seen it, "I think you will certainly appreciate it as much as I did".

In the beginning is a very interesting interview with Chief Frank Leeb as he discusses the building at the ROCK to HONOR the 47 members of the FDNY who have paid the Ultimate Price during their military duty for this country.

Special THANKS to Chief Frank Leeb for his time in presenting us with the numerous video series of the FDNY Training Academy, also referred to as "The Rock".

Of course Special THANKS to both Retired FDNY Members Kevin Kubler and Lou Rufrano for presenting us with this, as well as dozens of other very interesting videos regarding the FDNY, it's members, and other departments as well.

We are also Honored here to have Several Members of Nycfire.net who have been Specially Invited Guest to the Gettin Salty Podcast.

And certainly a Very SPECIAL THANKS TO CHIEF of DEPARTMENT - Tom Richardson.

Chief Richardson, CONGRATULATIONS on becoming the Commander of the BEST and BUSIEST Fire Department in the entire Country, and perhaps the World.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu6mSkV4i2s
Gr8 video & that is Chief Richardson & how he is, COD but fireman 1st.

I don’t know the man, but from what I’ve read about him he sounds like an excellent chief, excellent firefighter and an excellent human being!

Some seem surprised that he’s departing. My question is, what is the mandatory retirement age for firefighters in New York City? Perhaps he’s reached that milestone. He may not of said anything because it wasn’t his decision or the department’s decision, it’s just that his clock hit midnight!

iIf this is the case, it shows what respect he had within the department! They may have known we’ll only have him for 6 months, but he can still make a difference. It sounds like he did! Enjoy retirement Chief!