News of Members

Nfd,

Thanks for those memories.  Everyone hit home. The only thing missing were the pubs!

And you can add me to the club....1st grandchild born Jan 19, a healthy little girl. Headin' down to D.C tomorrow,  AMTRAK permitting,  tomorrow for first visit.

(Mack take note. Quick trip this time. Catch you next time.)

nfd2004 said:
nfd2004 said:
fltpara16 said:
Congratulations to the Bendick family! I am learning first hand the grandchildren are great!

I know one thing, "they sure are lucky to have Grandpa's like you guys". Grandpa's Steve E. ""fltpara16", John B. "jbendick", Steve D. "svd385", John D. "johnd248", Eugene D. "efd274", Kevin D. "kfd274" and Ervin E. "CFDMarshall"

Our LATEST Grandpa List:
  Grandpa Steve E., "fltpara16"
  Grandpa John B., "jbendick"
  Grandpa Steve D., "svd385"
  Grandpa John D., "johnd248"
  Grandpa Ervin E., "CFDMarshall".
  Grandpa Eugene D., "efd274"
  Grandpa Kevin D., "kfd274"
  Grandpa Ray B., "raybrag"
  Grandpa Tom E., "guitarman314"
  Grandpa "3511"

If you currently are a Grandpa or become one, you should be on our list too. And if you are a GrandMA, we'll set up a list for you too. As we saw on that you tube video, grand kids are a Special Group of people. And as Good Grandparents, "so are you". 

Here you go GrandMa and GrandPa, I found this just for you.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgwUVuy1qWk

Congratulations Grandpa "3511" on the birth of your grand daughter on January 19, 2015. We are all very happy to hear that she is healthy and that you share the joys of other members here who have also celebrated the birth of their grand children.

It gives me GREAT PLEASURE to add you to the list of other members who share your joys as well.

Congratulations, and hope you were able to get down to D.C. to see her for the first time. 

Grandpa list is a good idea, Bill.  Any interest in a GREAT grandpa list for us really old farts?  If so, I R 1.

raybrag said:
Grandpa list is a good idea, Bill.  Any interest in a GREAT grandpa list for us really old farts?  If so, I R 1.

You know what Ray - "YOU DESERVE IT". Congratulations.

This list is dedicated to a very SPECIAL GROUP of individuals who have enjoyed the honor and gifts of being a Grandpa, and now have been so gifted to see the birth of their GREAT GRANDCHILDREN. So if you are a GREAT GRANDPA, please let us know and we dedicate this special honor to you.  So GREAT GRANDPA's, HERE IT IS:

GREAT GRANDPA's LIST:

GREAT GRANDPA "raybrag", - Ray B.

All set guys. you are added to the Grandpa list.

Just may have to consider making a totally separate thread here just dedicated to our Grandpas and Great Grandpas. You guys sure deserve it.

Besides, I don't think Grandpas and Willy Ds dancing lessons, as posted here earlier, really has anything in common. I don't know how the BOSS feels about that, but if he or his associate are interested in doing such a thing, complete with the videos and pictures, I'd like to see it.

Our LATEST Grandpa List:
  1) Grandpa Steve E., "fltpara16"
  2)Grandpa John B., "jbendick"
  3)Grandpa Steve D., "svd385"
  4)Grandpa John D., "johnd248"
  5)Grandpa Elwood E., "CFDMarshall".
  6)Grandpa Eugene D., "efd274"
  7)Grandpa Kevin D., "kfd274"
  8)Grandpa Ray B., "raybrag"
  9)Grandpa Tom E., "guitarman314"
  10)Grandpa "3511"
  11)Grandpa Dean D., "vbcapt"
  12)Grandpa "Disp51"
  13)Grandpa Jack K., "68jk09"
  14)Grandpa Joe M., "mack"
  15)Grandpa "lucky"
  16)Grandpa John - "jmag228"
  17)Grandpa Doug M., - "AuxWarYearsCapt"
  18) Grandpa Pat D. - "Patrickfd"
  19) Grandpa Jack O. - "JOR176"
  20) Grandpa Andy M. - "Grumpy Grizzley"

If you currently are a Grandpa or become one, you should be on our list too. And if you are a GrandMA, we'll set up a list for you too. As we saw on that you tube video, grand kids are a Special Group of people. And as Good Grandparents, "so are you". 

Here you go GrandMa and GrandPa, I found this just for you.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgwUVuy1qWk

[/quote]

Thanks Chief, I didn't realize that. So here's our latest updated Grandpa List, which includes a Great Grandpa.

And the kids sure got some GREAT Grandpas too.

This is my favorite one of what being a Grandpa is all about. So how about if we play it again.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT0mkPci06s

Done and it has been my honor. You certainly have "bragging rights" and a right to be proud when it comes to being a Grandpa. I remember how my grandpa treated me when I was a kid. I never got to meet one as he passed on, but I remember my other grandpa. I'm sure you have memories too of when you were a kid.

On Saturdays he used to take me to his favorite tavern. It was in Bridgeport (Ct) on the East Side. Ironically it was named "The Bronx Tavern". I don't know why though. When he would bring me there he would always buy me a small bag of potatoe chips. And nobody knew this until now, but he would always let me have a sip of his beer from his glass. Wow, I sure liked that.

So grandpa, this time it's on me, as I raise my glass of OJ to you. I know it's not as good as those cold frosty beers we used to have, but I haven't had a sip since 1978. I had a little too much then and sometimes I would get myself in trouble with a few of the guys. By the way, after you left I had two younger brothers and a sister too. You would have had six great grandchildren now too. You have probably met my brother John though, as he left to join you about four years ago. I'm not sure but I think John was named after you.

So anyway "Gramps - here's to ya". Thanks for everything too.

I know it is a small insignificant little transpositional error on the part of my little buddy from the yankee state, but his little redneck man of the cloth would really appreciate if he would correct his name to the proper first name and last name initial!

with much love and regards,

The Rev!

CFDMarshal said:
I know it is a small insignificant little transpositional error on the part of my little buddy from the yankee state, but his little redneck man of the cloth would really appreciate if he would correct his name to the proper first name and last name initial!

with much love and regards,

The Rev!

Sorry Rev. I know how you must feel. That damn "Redneck Yankee State Heathin'" still can't get it right. I hope it's right this time.

Hey, guys . . . I know I'm older'n dirt, but am I REALLY the only great-grandpa here?  I'm sure I saw a post from Willy somewhere that said we had an octogenarian on the site.  Or am I the only one whose offspring reproduce like rabbits?  :eek:

AuxWarYearsCapt said:
Whats new WILLY D... 

You can also add me please ...I have 4 also

Thanks

Doug M.    AuxWarYearsCapt

All set Doug, I gladly added you to the list of Grandpas. I really didn't know we had so many Grandpas on here. In this case, "be proud and walk tall". You've all done a great job as a daddy, and now a Grandpa. I happen to know personally a lot of these Grandpas. And I know the kind of people they are. I'm sure there's plenty of other kids who wish they had a Grandpa like you. Or a Great Grandpa like Ray B.

As it stands, for future reference, the latest and updated Grandpa list is on Page 16, Reply # 234 of this thread. Just a lot of very lucky kids out there because of you.

In our News of Members, "Happy Birthday Wishes" go out to site member "Jbendick".

In addition to being a Great Guy and Good Friend to many of us here, John is a retired FDNY War Years Captain who worked some of the busiest FDNY Companies during those years. He is also the father of this site owner "Tbendick", and still manages to find time to spend with his 14 grandchildren.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY John.