News of Members

68jk09 said:
DENNIS ?.....    https://www.ebay.com/itm/FDNY-DENNIS-IN-MEMORY-OF-LT-PAUL-MITCHELL-BIG-DADDY-PATCH-NEW/372602546903?hash=item56c0d7aad7:g:mD8AAOSwLqRcaE8x

NFD2004 has the FIRST BID In ......

mack said:
nfd2004 said:
"THEMAJESTIRIUM1", aka Joseph Ramos, I just finished watching the "Blessing of Jersey City's Rescue 1" that you posted on this site in the "National Section".

I greatly appreciate the work you do in recording and posting the many videos you provide.

Also, I am one of your many 47,000 subscribers to "THEMAJESTIRIUM1" You Tube Channel.

So whether its the FDNY, NYPD, FDNY/EMS, or any other such organization within the Metro NYC area, "we thank you for what you do".

And here is "THEMAJESTIRIUM1" being interviewed by a news channel.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ptm4dUb4p0

Thank you Joe for your terrific work!

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN, "THEMAJESTIRIUM1", aka Joseph Ramos, for the AMAZING WORK YOU DO.

Whether it is a fire in New York City or New Jersey. Whether it be the NYPD or FDNY/EMS, a police or fire department outside of NYC, or a private ambulance service doing their job, WE THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN.

Personally, I have no idea how you do it. You are there when it happens. Then you take the time to post that video on here for all of us to see who couldn't be there.

This morning as I was thinking about telling the members of you EXCEPTIONAL WORK, I decided to go on your own Youtube channel. Honestly, I gave up trying to count how many videos there are. There are dozens and dozens of them. What a GREAT JOB.

We are very lucky to have you with us on this site.

I guess in my own opinion, I kind of compare you to my good friend, "mikeindabronx', aka Mike D. As most of us know, Mike did a GREAT JOB in photographing the FDNY during the 1980s. Long before any cell phones with video capability was thought of. A time when taking such photos required a special skill as well as special equipment to do it.

Mike's photos, just as your videos, are an amazing piece of work. And just like Mike was out there on those cold winter nights and hot summer days, you too are out there adding your stories to the history books.

So Joe, just as I did this morning, I will post the link to your dozens of videos for others to see as well.

www.youtube.com/user/THEMAJESTIRIUM1/videos?app=desktop

And for Mike's, aka "mikeindabronx", we will provide his link as well.

GREAT JOB DONE and Glad you both are a part of this site.

www.fdnysbravest.com

Last edited:
nfd2004 said:
Congratulations to grandson and nephew, John "T", of the Bendick Family on his new job with the FDNY/EMS. He was sworn in today (February 11th) and he will begin his training at Fort Totten in Queens by the end of the month.

John "T" is a great young guy and I have confidence that he will be an asset to the FDNY/EMS, as well as the citizens and visitors to New York City.

I understand that his previous place of employment gave him a party in appreciation for the job he did during that employment. Even a few employees who were off for the day stopped by to wish John "T" all the best.

Of course his grandfather, Retired FDNY Capt John Bendick, and his uncle Active FDNY Lt Tommy Bendick, are the administrators of this web site.

Best Wishes John "T" for a safe and happy career with the FDNY/EMS.

John "T" has begun his training for the FDNY/EMS. There is a total of 185 Probie Trainees going through these classes of which they are broken down into two groups, day shifts and evening shifts. John "T" is part of the evening shift probie school classes.

I think the FDNY/EMS will do very well with Probie John "T" working within the largest EMS system in the country. I'm sure Retired FDNY Capt Grandpa John "jbendick" and FDNY Uncle Lt Tommy B "tbendick" are very proud of him.

I wish John "T", as well as the other 184 FDNY/EMS Probies all the best in their future careers with the Life Savors known as the FDNY/EMS.

Thanks to ALL of the current FDNY/EMS members for the GREAT JOB they do in saving and helping the hundreds of lives in New York City on a daily basis. You really are "Our Guardian Angels".

Here is a sample of what John "T" might expect.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=21jCWqHNa9k

Last edited:
A very Special Happy Birthday To Raybrag aka Ray B.

Ray has been a member since 2007 & a great contributor to this fine page.

So Happy Birthday Ray enjoy your day

Happy Birthday "raybrag", aka Ray B.

I can honestly say that he is one of the "OLDEST Members" on this site. I know that because I met him personally a few years ago with a couple of other guys from this site. He treated us great.

I believe Ray grew up in Long Island were he was a member of one of the local fire departments there.

Ray, is also a retired high ranking officer of the U.S. Air Force.

So, Happy Birthday Old Man and many more to come. Next time we meet up, Micky Ds is on me and we can celebrate with all the Big Macs you can eat. 

Happy Birthday Ray and many more to come.

Uncle Willy D

Thank you, Brad and Bill.  And Bill, it was East Rockaway Hose 1, many, many moons ago.  That's our 1950 ALF 710 on the right side of the photo, with Liberty Hose 2's 1946 Mack and our 1941 Mercury tournament truck (later made into a mini-floodlight rig) in front of Hose 1's quarters.  The big brick building to the right is St. Raymond's school, where I spent 8 years in grades 1-8. And no, I'm not in the picture (but a number of my friends are). Maybe the vintage of the apparatus will give you a clue to how old I really am.

Belated Very Happy Birthday, Ray, and many thanks for all that you contribute to the site.  God Bless and many more years in grand health and happiness.

mack

Administrator
Happy birthday, Ray.  Too bad you can't get a cake from Ebbingers to celebrate.  Maybe Bill will take you to his favorite restaurant - McDonalds.

Thanks to everyone for their birthday wishes.  And Joe, if you could come up with an Ebinger's blackout cake, I'd offer up my first born son as payment.  Same thing goes for a Wetson's burger, a Nedick's orange drink, some Horn & Hardart's baked beans (but only from an Automat) and a Howard Johnson's clam sandwich. Shall I put him in irons for anyone to pick up?  ::) 8)  ::)