News of Members

Many Many moons ago November 7th 2009 was the date, a "youngin" joined this group

User name BfdYoungin0252 to be exact started posting mostly Manhattan jobs.

He was learning, on the 10-75 instead of posting just 4 Engines he would post probably the closest 5 engines & 6 trucks, because he didn't know much and was trying to help.

There was a User name RDM258 who use to help him along a little bit and always give compliments when he young user got something right.

His last post was back in 2011. He wasn't that old.

Does anyone know what happen to this guy, I always wondered if I would see another post by him

Brad, I do remember him. I believe his name was Robert DeMayo (???) but I?m not sure. He was from the Nashville, Tn area.

He was pretty active posting on the thread called ?My Younger Buff Years? around 2009/2010.

If that?s his name and where he is from, maybe somebody here could help with more info.

Can't help with a contact, but he listed the Franklin TN Fire Dept. as his web site. He was very active on this site (a Hero Member), but hasn't posted anything in 8 years.

https://www.franklintn.gov/government/departments-a-j/fire/

He had been an AUX in 211 at one time if i remember ?... his Cousin was killed on 9-11 while in HM*1...FF MARTIN DEMEO

Rob DeMeo, he moved after 9/11 to rural Hickman County TN . He worked EMS in Williamson County TN which is the city of Franklin and Brentwood. The high dollar area south of Nashville. I haven't heard anything from him since 2010-2011. He had planned to go up for one of the early get togethers.

68jk09 said:
STAjo ... Best Wishes for a Happy & Healthy Birthday & for many more.

Chief, 'Manhattan', 'Uncle Wil', Mack,JO, Ray, All the Brothers, Thank You All So Very Much
for All The Wonderful Birthday Wishes ! You Guys are The Best !  8)
Pardon the Delayed Response; I been Swamped. My Thanks, staj.

Joe a few videos.. after opening ...click "you tube" to show comments..after the first 3:00 minute NYC one i would say the first comment is our RET FDNY BROTHER FF Richie M. ?  & the "Grade A" shop in the picture running a "3 pole Winch type Manley "on a "Square Biz" Ford" was 3 blocks North from R*2 on Atlantic Ave when we were on Bergen St....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7CPjbWtWsM

68jk09 said:
Joe a few videos.. after opening ...click "you tube" to show comments..after the first 3:00 minute NYC one i would say the first comment is our RET FDNY BROTHER FF Richie M. ?  & the "Grade A" shop in the picture running a "3 pole Winch type Manley "on a "Square Biz" Ford" was 3 blocks North from R*2 on Atlantic Ave when we were on Bergen St....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7CPjbWtWsM

Yes Joe, aka "STAjo", those were the Good Ole' Days. As I understand it you worked for that wrecker company during your younger days.

Joe W., "STAjo", is also the author of the book titled: "11/11".

Joe, we are planning on seeing you for the upcoming Get Together taking place in Brooklyn.

Thank you for your contributions here as well.

I'd like to also welcome two of our newest members:

First, we have "PFDMarine", aka Pat, who told us his story in "How It All Began" (reply # 12).

We learned that he began his interest in the fire dept like so many others who lived close to a neighborhood firehouse. In this case it was Philadelphia's Engine 36/Ladder 20.

He then served Our Country with the U.S. Marines and became a Philadelphia Firefighter. THANK YOU Pat for your Military Service and the Job you do as a Philadelphia Firefighter.

I'm sure there will be guys on here that might be interested in learning more about the department and maybe you can help them out.

A good friend here, Mike D., aka "mikeindabronx", frequently contributes the jobs that Philly has in our National section. But maybe you can add to it.

On a personnel note, I sometimes get down to Philly and driving that Roosevelt Blvd has got to be one of the most dangerous roads in our country. I've seen the members of the Philadelphia FD operating there many times at some serious accidents.

Another newer member who has been contributing to this site listing the many jobs in the Newark and Jersey City area's is "skylerfire", aka skyler. Another busy area just across the Hudson River from Manhattan.

In between my buffing days of the FDNY, I would sometimes chase the rigs there and also took apparatus photos. I remember stopping at one Newark firehouse where a new ladder truck was. The new ladder was in quarters but when I rang the doorbell nobody answered. Just as I am ready to leave wondering, "what if I was reporting a fire and nobody came", the Engine Co is coming back from a run.

Then the guys told me that nobody was in that firehouse. It was the first time that I had ever heard the term "Brownout" used in reference to closing a company for a day. There were guys cars parked in the lot next to the firehouse, giving the public the appearance that the firehouse was fully manned but it wasn't.

THANK YOU "skylerfire" for your contributions.

OK guys had it done on the 22nd and was sent home on Tuesday. It was worse than we thought so PT is going to be a MFer. Will do my best to keep you in the know on Boston and Chicago.. Thanx for the well wishes.  GG.

' 68jk09'

Re: News of Members
? Reply #1162 on: April 27, 2019, 09:56:56 PM ?

"Joe a few videos.."

Thanks Chief, Great Stuff !  8)  'Comments' Could be Rich. M. (?)  I remember also;
Richie's brother Kenny M., one of NY Daily News' Best Photogs.

Griz; Glad to hear they were able to 'Put ya' Back Together again'.
All The Best; Be Well.

mack

Administrator
grumpy grizzly said:
OK guys had it done on the 22nd and was sent home on Tuesday. It was worse than we thought so PT is going to be a MFer. Will do my best to keep you in the know on Boston and Chicago.. Thanx for the well wishes.  GG.

Grump - Glad surgery is over.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  If PT is difficult, will you change your name to "Grumpier"?

Hang in there and good luck!

mack said:
grumpy grizzly said:

Grump - Glad surgery is over.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  If PT is difficult, will you change your name to "Grumpier"?

Hang in there and good luck!

Don't worry Grump, or as my buddy "mack" says; "Grumpier". In a little while you'll change your name to "Happy Grizzly" once this whole deal is done with.

But maybe there is a lot of truth to what "mack" says. I got to get a tooth pulled out one of these days and I'm NOT too happy about that either.

So I'm thinking about maybe changing my user name too.

Maybe I'll change it to "Grumpy Willy" or as "mack" suggest, maybe even "Grumpier Willy".

nfd2004 said:
So I'm thinking about maybe changing my user name too.

Maybe I'll change it to "Grumpy Willy" or as "mack" suggest, maybe even "Grumpier Willy".

Or maybe "Willy Big Mac"  8)