News of Members

And thank you to my very good friend Uncle Wilfred for the kind words. And you left out a sojourn down to University Ave s/o Fordham Rd where JB, Sr kept me up at nights with his joy riding up and down University Ave ;)

Everybody has been asking, "Where is Johnny D, aka "johnd248" ? They've checked all the streets of Flatbush and can't find him. They've checked Engine 248, and he's not there. How about at Dunks (Dunkin Donuts) or Micky D's up there in Connecticut with his ole' buddy Willy D ? No he's not there either.

So, where is Johnny D ? We asked that question and what we found out might surprise you. Can you believe he's been up in Quincy, Mass. ? No, he's not in jail up there. He's not up there buffing either, as some would think. 

Johnny D was up in Quincy, Mass for a Ballroom Dancing Competition. He's one of a select group up there with his wife Michele. A long way from the streets of Flatbush in Brooklyn.

While our own Johnny D, aka "johnd248" specializes in rhythm dances, his wife Michele, specializes in smooth dances.

This past Friday (11/14/14), Johnny danced 10 dances consisting of swing, rumba, cha cha, and merengue. It was his First Competition and he received SEVEN First Places and Three Second Place wins.

So let's Give it up for Johnny D.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0

Way to go Johnny D. Your next, Bill. Gotta get you out there doing the rumba and the cha-cha.....lol ;)

fdce54 said:
Way to go Johnny D. Your next, Bill. Gotta get you out there doing the rumba and the cha-cha.....lol ;)

Well Frank, I'm glad you mentioned that.

Back in Johnny D's and your Uncle Willy D's Day, just such a thing happened. John, a skinny guy, was giving Willy, a somewhat obese guy, wearing the stripped jacket, some dancing lessons in his ole' Brooklyn apartment. We weren't able to video those dance lessons, but this video, gives you a very good idea of just how things went.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vihnr5dM3PM

nfd2004 said:
fdce54 said:

Back in Johnny D's and your Uncle Willy D's Day, just such a thing happened. John, a skinny guy, was giving Willy, a somewhat obese guy, wearing the stripped jacket, some dancing lessons in his ole' Brooklyn apartment. We weren't able to video those dance lessons, but this video, gives you a very good idea of just how things went.

Willie, you are very svelte on your feet.....and you look good with the dark hair..... 8)

fdce54 said:
nfd2004 said:
fdce54 said:

Willie, you are very svelte on your feet.....and you look good with the dark hair..... 8)

Frank... I love you're description of Willie on his feet

Congratulations on your retirement Frank, I look forward to letting a glass and toasting you in the near future!

Brothers,

As I have been fortunate to get to know many of you over the past year, I left out a small detail of a very significant event for my family.  My daughter was due to give birth to our first grandchild in January of 2015.  Coming from a long line of impatient women, our little granddaughter decided to make a sudden entrance into the world in the early morning hours of November 15.  She was born 9 weeks premature and is in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the University of Virginia Medical Center.  For a premature baby, she is doing well; but will be in the ICU for another 4 to 9 weeks.  My daughter is doing OK and has been discharged from UVA.  I ask, if you can, to please say a prayer for our little granddaughter to grow and thrive in the ICU so she can come home soon.  As expected the local Brothers and Sisters are providing support to our family, and helping where they can.   

Thank you,

Steve AKA fltpara16

Steve, I hope everything goes okay. I will do my part for your little granddaughter. I hope you will keep us all advised. "You do have a lot of friends up here".

Steve, Congratulations! I have faith that your granddaughter will be just fine. Your friend here has experience with the premature birth thing. I came along at 26 weeks in June of 1961. I spent 66 days in the ol' easy bake oven (built by my father to the Drs specs)! Neo-Natal care has come a long way! Prayers my friend! You guys can discuss whether I turned out ok!!!!!

1.  Steve:  as a GREAT grandfather of three, I understand your concern.  You and your family will be in my prayers.  Let me know if I can do anything.

2.  Frank:  Congratulations on joining the ranks of the deliberately unemployed.  I hope you find it to be as much fun as I have.

Ray

On another note, my retirement has been put on hold until July 1, 2015 due to some unforeseen circumstances. So I will be freezing my chops and other body parts off this winter. May it go fast.

All,

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.  I have passed these along to my daughter and she is grateful to have so many people praying for she and her daughter.  The good news is my granddaughter, Alessandra Elise, is growing stronger each day.  She may be moved to the step down Newborn ICU later this week, and hopefully home for Christmas.  CFDMarshal, I passed along your story and told her you have grown up to be a robust individual, with the uncanny ability to locate an Irish pub in NYC like a tracking bloodhound on the trail of a workcamp escapee!

Frank, I am sorry to hear your retirement has been extended until July.  Button up and get ready for your final stand against old man winter!

Steve

1. Steve many congrats on the new addition to the family. Lets hope your Grand daughter ends up with more hair then CFDMarshal lol

2. Frank sorry to read you got to do another few months and lets hope it goes quick and the Winter is kind. (Not Looking Good Tho :( )

3. Johnny D you dark horse never knew of your dancing talent. Fingers crossed you can make GET TOGETHER 2015. ps you need to check out the NYC Firehouse Thread on here. "MACK" stuck some info up on 248 and the 41