News of Members

johnd248

Thanks to all my friends for the good wishes. Turning 77 is not all that bad. Still playing golf 2-3 times a week.

nfd2004

Today, Monday September 14th is a very special day to three well known and well respected members of this site.

We begin with this site administrator, Retired FDNY Captain John Bendick and his son, FDNY Lt Tommy Bendick, the owner of this site.

It was September 14, 1968 that then, Probationary Firefighter John Bendick began his career with the FDNY.

Then "exactly" 35 years later, on September 14, 2003 John's son, Probationary Firefighter Tommy Bendick began his career with the FDNY and then assigned to Engine Co 65.

Another interesting note is that Probie FF Tommy Bendicks "first overtime shift" was on December 14, 2003 where he was assigned to work with his father, Capt Bendick of Engine Co 23.

BUT wait.....we have MORE News of Members regarding September 14th.

On that September 14th, 1968, then Probationary Firefighter Jack Kleehaas, aka "68jk09" also began his career with the FDNY attending the same Probie Class with John Bendick.
Jack Kleehaas, later retiring as a Battalion Chief of the FDNY.

All THREE - highly respected as firefighters, as well as officers within the FDNY.

Gentlemen, Happy Anniversary and "A Job Well Done" - According To All Those Who Have Worked With You.

fdce54

Today 9/15 is site member and rundown posting guru Signal73's birthday. Happy Birthday Brad. He's all of thirty years old. You're catching up to Willy D Brad.

Signal73

Today 9/15 is site member and rundown posting guru Signal73's birthday. Happy Birthday Brad. He's all of thirty years old. You're catching up to Willy D Brad.
Never heard of him...He any good at posting job? Heard he has fat finger syndrome. lol Thank You Frank..I am getting old!!

You missed one. Willy! Today is Signal73's birthday. Happy birthday, Brad!

View attachment 6420
Thank You Ray..would you believe I had Washington DC calling me..Thought it was something good..Nope Affordable Senior care! They are already starting at the age of 30 lol

nfd2004

Happy Birthday Brad.

Brad, not only are you catching up with your Uncle Wilfred but also some Old Timers like Mr Raybrag and Mr Fdce54 as well.

All of us now happily Unemployed and doing absolutely nothing.

So I wish you many happy and healthy years to follow, so that someday you can be just like those old, do nothing friends of yours. Namely the three I’ve mentioned here.

Signal73

Happy Birthday Brad.

Brad, not only are you catching up with your Uncle Wilfred but also some Old Timers like Mr Raybrag and Mr Fdce54 as well.

All of us now happily Unemployed and doing absolutely nothing.

So I wish you many happy and healthy years to follow, so that someday you can be just like those old, do nothing friends of yours. Namely the three I’ve mentioned here.
Thank You Uncle WIlly

Happy Birthday Brad

Thank You Mike

IRISH

Happy Belated Birthday John D. Of course if it wasn't for you I'd have never met Willy D. You gave alot to answer for lol hope you had a great day

Also happy birthday Brad. Many thanks for all your efforts in posting rundowns on the site. Have a great day

Signal73

Happy Belated Birthday John D. Of course if it wasn't for you I'd have never met Willy D. You gave alot to answer for lol hope you had a great day

Also happy birthday Brad. Many thanks for all your efforts in posting rundowns on the site. Have a great day
Thank You Irsh