News of Members

raybrag

I make my doctor appts in the afternoon. No alarm clock needed.
Not me. I hate getting up in the AM . . . BUT . . . it's better than sitting in a waiting room for 2 hours because "he's been really busy today". Beats me how I can have the first appointment of the day, but the Doc is 20 minutes late because he was "with another patient".:mad:

fdce54

Not me. I hate getting up in the AM . . . BUT . . . it's better than sitting in a waiting room for 2 hours because "he's been really busy today". Beats me how I can have the first appointment of the day, but the Doc is 20 minutes late because he was "with another patient".:mad:
So Ray, have you gotten a look at "another patient" that is causing him to be late. That lateness might be well justified.

nfd2004

Members of Nycfire.net,

I just learned that one of our frequent contributors to this site has passed away on November 1st '20.

Frank Meade, aka "manhattan" passed away of natural causes in his apartment on West 23rd St in Manhattan at age 70. He would have been 71 on November 5th.

Frank did so much for the members of the FDNY, NYPD, and U.S. Military Veterans. He was very highly respected by the members of those services.

On the anniversary of September 11th he would play a major role in organizing the Father Judge Walk along with the late NYPD Officer Steven McDonald who was shot and paralyzed in Central Park. Officer McDonald passed away just a few years ago.

Frank also reorganized the Veterans Day Memorial Service at Chelsea Park in Manhattan on 9th Ave and 27th St.

I believe that Frank had served in the U.S. Coast Guard and he retired as an Administrator of a large section within a NYC Hospital.

Most recently, Frank started a fund raiser to buy meals for the members of NYPDs 10 Pct, and FDNY Firefighters Engine 3/Ladder 12, as well as the FDNY/EMS members. Frank posted that fund raiser on here and I know that some members contributed to that.

Frank was also very active in his local church.

Not only have "we" lost a good man, but "our entire society" has lost a good man as well. I know that he really enjoyed and appreciated reading the various topics on this site.

Frank was last on this site, the day he passed away on November 1st. We'll miss you Frank. You certainly served your purpose well while on this earth.

God Bless you Frank for all you did. Thank you and may you Rest in Peace.

Here is Frank at the Veterans Day Memorial Service on November 11, 2018

https://postimg.cc/ZBHm0jH9

Last edited:

68jk09

SAD NEWS....REST IN PEACE BROTHER....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AS WELL AS YOUR TIRELESS EFFORTS TO KEEP REMEMBRANCES OF MANY OTHERS BOTH MILITARY VETERANS AS WELL AS NYC UNIFORMED MEMBERS IN THE SPOTLIGHT.......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

68jk09

A THANK YOU to our own Willy D. for taking note of Frank's absence on the site & following up his leads..... even though the conclusion was a sad one at least we found out that Frank Meade aka "manhattan" had Passed To A Higher Level.

Lebby

Members of Nycfire.net,

I just learned that one of our frequent contributors to this site has passed away on November 1st '20.

Frank Meade, aka "manhattan" passed away of natural causes in his apartment on West 23rd St in Manhattan at age 70. He would have been 71 on November 5th.

Frank did so much for the members of the FDNY, NYPD, and U.S. Military Veterans. He was very highly respected by the members of those services.

On the anniversary of September 11th he would play a major role in organizing the Father Judge Walk along with the late NYPD Officer Steven McDonald who was shot and paralyzed in Central Park. Officer McDonald passed away just a few years ago.

Frank also reorganized the Veterans Day Memorial Service at Chelsea Park in Manhattan on 9th Ave and 27th St.

I believe that Frank had served in the U.S. Coast Guard and he retired as an Administrator of a large section within a NYC Hospital.

Most recently, Frank started a fund raiser to buy meals for the members of NYPDs 10 Pct, and FDNY Firefighters Engine 3/Ladder 12, as well as the FDNY/EMS members. Frank posted that fund raiser on here and I know that some members contributed to that.

Frank was also very active in his local church.

Not only have "we" lost a good man, but "our entire society" has lost a good man as well. I know that he really enjoyed and appreciated reading the various topics on this site.

Frank was last on this site, the day he passed away on November 1st. We'll miss you Frank. You certainly served your purpose well while on this earth.

God Bless you Frank for all you did. Thank you and may you Rest in Peace.

Here is Frank at the Veterans Day Memorial Service on November 11, 2018

https://postimg.cc/ZBHm0jH9

While I didn't know him well or for long our interactions showed me he was a man of great character and integrity. He had given our unit a new flag to be flown after our last one was stolen and I had intended to give it back once it's time had come. It's a blow that will not be able to happen nor will we be able to met up after Covid like we talked about. This a truly terrible loss to our community, my thoughts are with his family and friends.

mack

Administrator
Very sad news. Frank was a very strong FDNY and NYPD supporter. Frank was a wonderful person - good hearted, generous, cheerful, friendly. He was a role model for others. I always enjoyed all every opportunity to interact with him. I will miss him and this site will miss him. God bless you, Frank Meade. Thank you.

Frank organizing another support function (far left):

Frank M.jpg

Last edited:

mack

Administrator
1607098427906.png
Chelsea Remembers Its Veterans
Posted on November 13, 2019No Comment

20191111_101030.jpg
Members of the NYPD were among those taking part in Nov. 11’s Veterans Day ceremony. |
Photo by Allen Oster

Frank-Meade-at-podium.-Photo-by-Allen-Oster.jpg
Foreground, L to R: Frank Meade and Rev. James Hauver. | Photo by Allen Oster

BY ALLEN OSTER | On Mon., Nov. 11, at the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial on Ninth Ave. (btw. W. 27th & 28th Sts.), Chelsea residents, elected officials, and the NYPD came together to remember our country’s veterans and give special recognition to the members of Chelsea’s St. Columba Parish, who served their country in World War I.

Two hundred and forty-three men from the immediate area went off to the war—20 did not return, and their names were read during the ceremony.

Frank Meade, a veteran who was born and raised in Chelsea, has been organizing this event for the past 10 years, opened the ceremony by welcoming everyone.

The Rev. James Hauver, Pastor of St. Columba Church, offered the opening benediction, after which Meade offered a stirring tribute to the men and women currently serving in our armed forces, as well as to our first responders.

It was a moving moment for Chelsea residents, who came together to remember the men and women who gave their lives in service to our country and community.

New York State Senator Brad Hoylman, who provided the Memorial Wreath and has supported this event for the past years, also spoke to the assembled crowd, offering heartfelt remarks. Rev. Hauver concluded the ceremony.

STAjo

I completely agree with all sentiments posted here for our Dearly Departed Friend, a Truly Fine Gentleman
Frank M.
Though we never met, I was fortunate to exchange some Notes & e-mail w/ Frank. His Record of Service Speaks
for itself. A Real Hero; sadly missed. Resti In Eternal Peace Brother.

Bil; Many Thanks for Notification, and All You Do for Our Friends here.

jmag228

Franks's posts and his community efforts showed his character and devotion to veterans, emergency services members, and others in need. His presence will be missed