OUR MILITARY.

skiLB

West Point - Army football team honors 9-11 with every player carrying an American flag. 3 first responders joined team including a firefighter in dress uniform carrying a flag. Looks like FDNY member but cannot see patch on shoulder.

Love it!! God bless those cadets our future military leaders when these young men graduate the academy.

68jk09

RON BUCCA JR. REMEMBERS RON BUCCA SR. HIS DAD......
Great History.....Continued Rest In Peace to Ron Sr. & Thank You to Ron Jr. for your Service .

Subject: Son of an FDNY Legend Hunted His Dad’s 9/11 Killers Through Five Combat Tours
“You do the best you can with the cards you are dealt,” Master Sgt. Ron Bucca, Jr. says of the principal that has guided him in the years after his father’s death.

skiLB

RON BUCCA JR. REMEMBERS RON BUCCA SR. HIS DAD......
Great History.....Continued Rest In Peace to Ron Sr. & Thank You to Ron Jr. for your Service .

Subject: Son of an FDNY Legend Hunted His Dad’s 9/11 Killers Through Five Combat Tours
Great son! R. Bucca Jr. Thank You & stay safe.

Lt. Q

Semper Fi, to you chief thanks for posting that, and Happy Veterans Day to all the other veterans. Where would we be without them. I salute all of you!

nfd2004

THANK YOU TO ALL of OUR U.S. VETERANS.

As we ALL know:
"FREEDOM DOES NOT COME FREE".

I would just like to add this:

Not far from my home, a New Veterans Rally Point Center has opened today, on this Veterans Day, 2021.

From what I understand, it was opened through the "Easterseals Organization".

This new $2.5 million facility is touted as a "one of a kind" center of excellence for veterans services.
A place where U.S. Veterans can meet.

I hope to have more information to pass on to you soon.

No doubt, this is long over due in the making and it is my hope of a trend that will rise to HONOR and Give those who GAVE SO MUCH, a little something back.

nfd2004

Thank you very much Ray.

Five of the pictures are from our local newspaper showing the new "Veterans Rally Point Center" which officially opened today, Veterans Day, 2021.

The lower right photo was sent to me by a member here.
It is of the FDNY members marching in the 2019 Veterans Day Parade

I hope that ALL of Our Veterans enjoyed a "well deserved" Veterans Day, 2021.

grumpy grizzly

As a vet with 2 tours in Vietnam I appreciate the recognition I get on this day. But there are still our fellow vets, male and female, who continue to fight the battles with PTSD. Damnit, we lose 20 vets a day to suicide, we as a country need to do better. Again thanx for the recognition but there are those who need it on May 17 or August 25.