OUR MILITARY.

mack

Administrator
A memorial at Quantico for our Servicemembers killed while performing humanitarian duties in Afghanistan. To bad the only memorial I can find is on a USMC base.

M1 (2).jpg

M3 (2).jpg

It is sickening to see the apathy in our country, and on this site, regarding the deaths of these young Americans - the best of our young Americans - who selflessly protected our country and our way of life.

It is too easy to forget that 343 firefighters deaths and total 2726 killed were the reasons America sent our military into Afghanistan in 2001 to destroy terrorists and to prevent future attacks. It is sad to believe that Americans rationalize this new terrorist act because they accept the political excuse that these Servicemembers should not have been in that part of the world to begin with - without even knowing where Afghanistan is located or why it was important to maintain its peace and stability - which no longer exists. It disgusts me to understand that many Americans arrogantly dismiss their deaths as a consequence of doing what they signed up to do. No one signs up to die needlessly for incompetent leadership. I am sad to see the lack of appreciation for what happened and the ignorance of its consequences. I fear that Americans, and firefighters, will see frequent acts of terrorism again.

In our America, if a Service member gets blown apart, if a firefighter dies in a building collapse - they get mentioned in the news and forgotten. However, an incident alleged to be related to social justice, often without facts or perspective, receives headlines, empathy and Go-Fund-Me support. We worry about global warming, pipelines to provide oil, changing the name of schools and road signs, taking a knee at NFL games. But no one cares about the safety of America. We have become lazy, indifferent, soft, selfish, disrespectful - no heart, no soul. America doesn't care about these 13 Marines, Sailor and Soldier. Americans only care about - themselves.

I do not want this thread to become a political argument. There are too many social media forums to waste time uselessly. I only want to remind our brothers and sisters on this site that I believe that firefighters, police officers, medics and EMTs have suddenly become more at risk because the world has just become more dangerous - as evidenced by the deaths of Americans at Kabul's airport and the diminished world-wide opinion of the USA. And that is, sadly, my opinion.

Please remember these Servicemembers, remember those who were injured whom we are not told about, remember their families - especially their wives, children and parents. And pray that the lives of our firefighters will not become more dangerous in the future months and years ahead.

Last edited:
The general public has forgotten, disregarded or just don't care about the sacrifices made by the people who have and still do give them freedom and protect them throughout the years. Whether they be Military, FD, PD, RN's, etc., they have always been and always will be there for those who "look down" on them from their hipster, liberal lofts.

A memorial at Quantico for our Servicemembers killed while performing humanitarian duties in Afghanistan. To bad the only memorial I can find is on a USMC base.

View attachment 14651

View attachment 14652

It is sickening to see the apathy in our country, and on this site, regarding the deaths of these young Americans - the best of our young Americans - who selflessly protected our country and our way of life.

It is too easy to forget that 343 firefighters deaths and total 2726 killed were the reasons America sent our military into Afghanistan in 2001 to destroy terrorists and to prevent future attacks. It is sad to believe that Americans rationalize this new terrorist act because they accept the political excuse that these Servicemembers should not have been in that part of the world to begin with - without even knowing where Afghanistan is located or why it was important to maintain its peace and stability - which no longer exists. It disgusts me to understand that many Americans arrogantly dismiss their deaths as a consequence of doing what they signed up to do. No one signs up to die needlessly for incompetent leadership. I am sad to see the lack of appreciation for what happened and the ignorance of its consequences. I fear that Americans, and firefighters, will see frequent acts of terrorism again.

In our America, if a Service member gets blown apart, if a firefighter dies in a building collapse - they get mentioned in the news and forgotten. However, an incident alleged to be related to social justice, often without facts or perspective, receives headlines, empathy and Go-Fund-Me support. We worry about global warming, pipelines to provide oil, changing the name of schools and road signs, taking a knee at NFL games. But no one cares about the safety of America. We have become lazy, indifferent, soft, selfish, disrespectful - no heart, no soul. America doesn't care about these 13 Marines, Sailor and Soldier. Americans only care about - themselves.

I do not want this thread to become a political argument. There are too many social media forums to waste time uselessly. I only want to remind our brothers and sisters on this site that I believe that firefighters, police officers, medics and EMTs have suddenly become more at risk because the world has just become more dangerous - as evidenced by the deaths of Americans at Kabul's airport and the diminished world-wide opinion of the USA. And that is, sadly, my opinion.

Please remember these Servicemembers, remember those who were injured whom we are not told about, remember their families - especially their wives, children and parents. And pray that the lives of our firefighters will not become more dangerous in the future months and years ahead.
Well said brother! We Never Forget! And not political We take care of our own We Care about Us. Our latest loss... God Bless our Servicemen & Women who gave the Ultimate Sacrifice over in Afghanistan. Grab a empty table or bar and leave 13 beers and tell that manager leave them there as honor not just for OUR latest loss of heroes but for ALL of OUR INCREDIBLE MILITARY, POLICE OFFICERS,FIREFIGHTERS,EMT'S & FIRST RESPONDERS throughout our incredible history as the United States of America

Amazing this Hero saw 2 World Wars, Korea, Vietnam Iraq, and Afghanistan. And fought for our country as well. They don't make 'em like that anymore. God Bless him.🇺🇸

mack

Administrator
West Point - Army football team honors 9-11 with every player carrying an American flag. 3 first responders joined team including a firefighter in dress uniform carrying a flag. Looks like FDNY member but cannot see patch on shoulder.

West Point - Army football team honors 9-11 with every player carrying an American flag. 3 first responders joined team including a firefighter in dress uniform carrying a flag. Looks like FDNY member but cannot see patch on shoulder.

Love it!! God bless those cadets our future military leaders when these young men graduate the academy.

RON BUCCA JR. REMEMBERS RON BUCCA SR. HIS DAD......
Great History.....Continued Rest In Peace to Ron Sr. & Thank You to Ron Jr. for your Service .

Subject: Son of an FDNY Legend Hunted His Dad’s 9/11 Killers Through Five Combat Tours
“You do the best you can with the cards you are dealt,” Master Sgt. Ron Bucca, Jr. says of the principal that has guided him in the years after his father’s death.